Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #1
Rowell
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Rowell
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Rowell is on a distinguished road
Archer Guide

<>Archer Guide<>

Contents:
>1.Introduction/About Archers
>2.Builds And Empowerments
>3.Bow Or X-Bow?
>4.Solo And Party Grinding
>5.Making Money
>6.Misc. And FAQ

<>1.Introduction<>

Hey everyone, I'm Rowell.^^.I have seen many questions on the archer forums so I thought I'd try make a guide to clear some things up for people. This is my 1st guide so please go easy on me.^^.1st off, a few things about archers. We are a poisonous class, so poisonous we even get a poison AoE.
We are weak at 1st but we do get stronger, so be patient. We are basically a mix of Fighters and Mages, good with damage and have a bit of deffence(not much though)

<>2.Builds And Empowerments<>

<>Builds<>

OK 1st off with the builds, do not add in Int, really, just don't. For people who want to have high DPS(Damage Per Second) I'd go 25 Spr then full Str. Those who want a little more def go 25 Spr then full End. Then there are those who have mighty aim and go full Dex after the 25 spr. You can hit high level mobs than you without the need for an aim scroll. Plus the Bleed/Poison will kick in better with the aim. It's also a good idea not to spreed out your points to much, adding into 3-4 stats will not make much of a difference.

<>Empowerments<>
Aimed Shot:Full Cooldown/SP usage or Power
Power Shot:Full Power/SP Usage or Cooldown
Fury Impact:SP usage
Bone Shot:SP usage
Multi-Shot:???

I'm a little unsure with a few empowerments but heres what I got..Go full cooldown with aimed shot and full power with powershot. Then choose SP usage or power for aimed Shot and SP usage or Cooldown with Power Shot. I have not come to empowering Bone Shot or Fury Impact but I'd expect it should go into SP usage. As a level 37 archer it takes around 100/900sp to use all 4 of those skills so yeah..Multi-Shot I've not come across too yet.><.Any info on the higher level skills would also be much appreciated.

<>3.Bow Or X-Bow<>

It's not really a hard Decision. If you like to spam all your skills go with the X-Bow. If you'd rather conserve your SP go with the bow. I went with the bow solely on the fact that it looks cool.^^

<>4.Solo And Party Grinding<>

<>Solo Grinding<>
Heres a simple order of skills in which to fight "yellow-red named mobs"..

Fury Impact > Bone Shot > run back a little for the poison/bleeding to sink in > Aimed Shot > Power Shot.

Power shot is put last because it has the lowest attack range.Also make sure you are in a space where not many mobs spawn.

For Fighting "Grey-Green named Mobs" they should die before they touch you or be on low HP when they reach you.

<>Party Grinding<>
In parties you pritty much lure and DD(Damage Deal).Heres a simple guide..
http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2896

<>5.Money Making<>

Money making on an archer is pritty hard. I suggest using a mage alt to gather materials for you production skill(s). It's slow but the only thing I have atm. Info for this would be greatly appreciated.^^

<>Misc. And FAQ<>

<>Misc.<>

For Production skills I went with scroll making and Pot Making. They are both need as you level and the materials are easily gotten as you grind. With the pot making though it starts getting hard to get the materials in higher levels(unless you use an alt to farm). Another good second skill would be Decomposition. Decomposite high level mats into lower ones for making scrolls. With rings I'd go with End or Spr ones. Any earings are good but try get ones with + SP and HP. In KQs Don't go soloing mobs specially if you are new to that KQ. We were not build for it, just assist all those who need it(TAB is very useful in robo KQ). I will be making a Level 20 Job change guide soon so watch out for that too.=)

<>FAQ<>
No Questions asked yet..^^

__________________________________________________ ____
Again this is my 1st guide please go easy on me.=) If there is anything you are not sure about or think I am wrong about feel free to PM me or post it here. I hope this guide has been helpful to you. Thanks for taking the time to read this.=)Also please tell me if there are any grammer or spelling mistakes, I've been doing that alot lol^^

Also a big thanks to these people for adding some information^^:
Pedobear:Info On Builds
Loveless:Info On Builds And Productions Skills
lightningmystix:Skill Casting order
BlackDragonEX:For his How to Lurez Guide

Last edited by Rowell; 01-13-2008 at 08:54 PM..
Old 01-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #2
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
eh, not bad.

i disagree with some stuff though. spreading your stats out into 3 seperate areas is going to make the differences they cause to be so some that they are unnoticable. also, I personally feel that empowering SP usage is a complete waste of skill points. all that does is save you money, it doesn't increase your firepower at all.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
It's not bad, but like Pedobear said, I disagree with a lot of the stuff there. I see no reason why to NOT add to DEX. We're not talking about being able to be missed, we're talking about aim. With my experience with talking to higher-leveled people, both inside and outside my guild, they mostly grind on red mobs. With DEX, you get to have extra aim, added with maybe the aim scroll that you use.

I also disagree with the order of shooting. You should use your poisons first (Fury impact and Bone Shot), as they have the same distance as Aimed Shot. That way, the DoT kicks in earlier than if you use Aimed Shot first. I agree with using Power Shot last, since it is the least-ranged skill.

I also agree with Pedobear on spreading into 3 stats. It's going to make it a little weak, the advantages little.

However, I agree with your production skills. ;O I wish I knew that when I first started, as it seems convenient to have scroll and pots on a character.
I disagree with Pedobear on SP usage. It isn't useless at all - in a good party, I go through a ton of stones/pots. SP usage helps with that a lot, but I'm not saying that cooldown is useless. Both have thier own usages.

It's a good first guide though =) I'm sure it'll help a lot of archers out there.

{ enraya ! }
Old 01-13-2008, 04:38 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
From my own experience I had gone a 25 SPR full DEX build. I was able to kill Blue Trumpies without an Aim Scroll for one thing. Plus, it seems that the poison/bleed status will kick in with better aim.

In terms of production. Though pots are helpful in the earlier stages I've never gotten it past teir 1. Scrolls are of course your best friend... you can use it or sell it. Now I leveled fast enough that by the time I really needed to use tier 2 pots I wasn't able to make em cause my production exp was too low and I can no longer get the mats I needed. Instead of getting an alternate to farm for you, you can actually go with Decomposition and be able to decomp mats to make more scrolls for yourself. I've always depended on stones and the pots used were ones I found only.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
Rowell
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Rowell
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Rowell is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info guys. I see my guide still needs a bit more work.=S
Anything else u archers wanna add plz say so. Im abit clueless my self=<
Old 01-13-2008, 06:40 AM   #6
Pedobear
Marlone Megaton

In-Game Name: Thanatopsis
Current Level: 35
Pedobear will become famous soon enough
i do agree that one should pump dex as a stat, but i feel no matter what class you are, you should have 5-10 points into dex for aim in later levels.