Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Server: Teva
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
HOWZ TO LUREZ ~ With Screenies

How to Lure With an Archer

Ok In this guide i will tell you how to Lure with an archer so that your party can get to the enemy without attracting a Massive train

Ok first of all This is what you need:
  • A Bow/Crossbow
  • Natures Protection
  • A Good Party
  • Lots of HP and SP stones

Ok first Find a good Spot for your team to rest, preferrabley somewhere where enemies dont spawn but are near to where they do so The Puller can pull with ease

Ok once youve done that its time to sleect your victim

Ok then Make sure your party is ready, then shoot The victim with a normal shot to provide less aggro
However if your party is high lvled then you can do a poison shot or bleed, etc. so as to provide extra damage

As soon as you have shot run back to your party with the monster following

Then walk by The main Tanker, Who will then use Taunt (or whatever its called) to put the aggro on them

(although you cant see very well in this screenie our tanker is using the Taunt move)

Then IMMEDIATLY use Natures protection to destroy any aggro

Now that the enemy is fighting your party ots time to step in and deal as much damage possible ith poison etc. hopefully your party will keep agrro, if not then use natures protection again if it comes after you

Ok now all you need to do is keep on fighting until he is dead

CONGRATZ you ahve succesfully lured

Just a few tips:
  • If your fighter doesnt use taunt then DONT run away as you will probobly just get more enemies on you, (However if you are right next to a agte to another field then you can go through it to avoid the enemy)
  • If the above case happens just stand still and use natures protecion and hp/sp stones until your party manages to attract aggro
  • If you dont understand what Aggro is Look below

What is Aggro ?

Every monster has Aggro
Basically Aggro determines which Player to attack, The more you attack a monster the more aggro it will have against you, the maximum aggro it can have is 99 in which case it will come after you and attack you until you die or until you run long enough for it to get bored (which is a very long time)
Using natures protecion puts the enemies aggro toward you at 1 making you the lowest threat possible.
When a fighter uses Taunt they gain alot of aggro.
If your aggro is higher than the aggro of the player its attackign it will come after you.

That is it for my Guide, HAPPY PULLING
Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Good guide!

Another thing to put cause it happens a LOT to me is that if your Tanker doesn't have the level 2 Snearing Kick be careful. I've pulled many times but if your tanker doesn't have lvl 2 and you're a 40+ archer... you're going to attract aggro before your Nature's Protection coolsdown. D: The mobs usually attacks me even after several kicks and protection... so just a caution.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
so lvl 2 kick makes the aggro last longer (or hv more hate) on the fighter??

that's a good guide that can be used in Mara KQ...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Basically makes you're agro higher.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:35 AM   #5
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Great guide, and nice explanation of what agro is for all the people that might have not understood it in Fiesta.

Well that actually helped me some, Thanks XD

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 AM   #6
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
NP, Glad I could help ^^
Old 11-22-2007, 10:46 AM   #7
Xylem
Joker Kebing

In-Game Name: Phloem
Current Level: Shree Ex
Server: Bijou
Xylem is on a distinguished road
Is there a function where you can actually compare and see the aggro numbers? >.<

BTW 600 damage? Were you at a place way too strong for your level to get good exp, or is that like.. a normal training place for your level?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #8
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

A) No sorry

B) Yup, Im lvl 30-something and I was in Ancient Elven Woods, bottom Line, Friends high lvl Party needed a good Lurer since their laster archer lured a train of 19
Old 11-27-2007, 03:54 AM   #9
pudd
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: pudd - cleric
Current Level: 20+
Server: teva
pudd is on a distinguished road
What a useful guide! I was kinda wondering what the real dealio was with natures protection and taunt. Maybe something like this should be added in the wiki for archers. o 3o?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:10 AM   #10
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
I'm not sure but I think aggro is Aggressiveness. Good guide though. 600 dmg and I'll have 100 hp left.
Closed Thread