Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
PvP KQs

Originally Posted by Spirit
This topic brought over from this thread, so as to not take away from the guide.

You can still get decent exp even if you come dead last in the PvP KQ? I knew I couldn't compete with these fully cashed players so I never bothered to enter it... and I wasn't about to charm up either for it. Maybe I'll try it out when I get the chance next time.

@Blahs: Pretty bad at 80+? That's quite an understatement. >_O One level away from pretty BK and I'm still not that motivated to level.

Last edited by Spirit; 01-29-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: Added link I pulled the posts out of.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
You can still get decent exp even if you come dead last in the PvP KQ? I knew I couldn't compete with these fully cashed players so I never bothered to enter it... and I wasn't about to charm up either for it. Maybe I'll try it out when I get the chance next time.

@Blahs: Pretty bad at 80+? That's quite an understatement. >_O One level away from pretty BK and I'm still not that motivated to level.
At level 84 coming in last in the PvP KQ will only net you about 1.85%. At level 75 it nets you 6%. It is better to jump in everyone that you can, simply to give you an extra boost when you can get the most out of it.

I knew I had no chance, so I wouldn't even bother using stones, scrolls, or anything. I would let them kill me. Lay on the ground till my time ran out. Pop up, die again. 6 easiest % I got.
You just have to do like in regular KQs and watch the time, because you get nothing laying on the ground when it ends.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

1.85% is better than nothing at that level, that's for sure. That'll be the easiest % in 30min(?) That's how much I'd get in GHS solo... but in KQ I won't lose exp dying and I won't even have to use as many stones. Sounds good.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Server: Bijou
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
The only problem i have with doing that is that it completely ruins the pvp kq itself...i mean, free kills. come on. that's not right. That'll screw up the rankings...

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Versus capped out level 89s with charms and mights in there actively searching out the lvl 75 mages and clerics that 1 stun and 1 hit kills them? Also, running right past someone who is in their same guild to get to that person.
Or versus people actually double-teaming? One high-level fighter stuns, then stands there and lets the other cleric take the kill, so that the cleric has a chance to win.

The whole entire thing is whacked. I am not adding any more whack to it than it already is. The KQs already have people who plot and plan out way before hand. After about my first 5 actually trying to play fair, I realized what was going on and decided I wasn't wasting my stones on them, but I sure wanted the exp.

Seriously, when they set it up so that a fighter with anywhere from 5K-8K HP goes against a mage with max. 3K HP - How is that any different? THe KQs are already too screwed up to worry about fairness. The top-leveled PKers already have it planned out. Me simply not fighting back is not changing the fact that they are going to kill me anyways.

My way, I don't waste stones. Same results though.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky

Last edited by Spirit; 01-29-2009 at 05:11 PM..
Old 01-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Loveless
Super Moderator

Yup. Though I am a fighter myself I'm a tanker... I probably won't get killed in one or two hits after a stun but I'm not killing anyone myself either. Add on the fact that these axe fighters are fully +9'd... they have more def than me who doesn't have +9 armour. I might stand a chance against the squishies once I get my BK but that isn't going to change my standings either. >_<

I'm just really hoping to level to 85 to try out DT.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Hah, I'm a cleric and I always get either 4th or 3rd, never higher or less D:
Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
Spirit
complete once again

Originally Posted by BlackDragonEX View Post
Hah, I'm a cleric and I always get either 4th or 3rd, never higher or less D:
Yes, but you are also level 68, with the highest level in your KQ being 69.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #9
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
I agree with Spirit, the whole pvp KQ is whacked already.

My L84 mage gets OHKO by tanks non-stop or hit by an archer who will kill me in 2 hits. And without being able to use pots the cd on stones is pure damn ridiculous when you have teams of 2 or 3 capped or nearly capped who work on getting in together so they can control the win. Why the hell even try - just get some exp out of it and save someone who may have thought they had a snowballs chance in hell from going in just to get owned by that group of 2 -3.

I have seen people in there with more than twice my hp and I can't imagine that my hp will increase by that amount by the time I cal so obviously they are stacking END armor & such and most likely have +9'd most if not all of it. And on top of that they are apparently charmed to the max & sporting might scrolls.

And the sad thing is that until the cap is raised and some of these people move on, there is no chance against them on my mage even when I get closer to the cap. So yeah, it is already whacked - I just go in for the exp.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Wow... PVP KQ for lvl 75+ is so dark...

I guess the skill / build / (and cash shop obsession) gap between classes various a lot more at higher levels, compare to when it was lvl 35-49....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread