Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #1
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

In-Game Name: Cleric007
Current Level: 3x
Server: Apoline
Spells is on a distinguished road
After heal empowerment, then what?

Okay, because I refuse to scan all the different posts with different snippets of info. I thought I'd start up this post to discuss possible skill empowerments after maxing out Heal SP consumption and casting cool down.

I've been thinking about either empowering my recover or invincibility but still unsure as what I would want to do. I assume I cannot extend the time on invincible by merely empowering it's power. As for obvious reasons of overpower if clerics could do so. But if we can, could someone tell how that is going?

I have also thought about lower SP usage of revive, seeing as how I rev a lot of people both in KQ's and out on the fields as I solo. But then again I get a gut feeling that that would be poorly spent points.

I could start on bash, I do mainly like to solo on my cleric but those points would be poorly spent when it comes to KQ's.

So what do you guys think would be a good skill to empower? Or should I save them for later for higher levels skills as I am just level 27.

Cleric007

Spells - WizMage LvL 29 Inactive
Sharp_Arrows - Archer LvL 25 Inactive
Old 11-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
If u solo a lot, i think points in dmg for Bash is good, i've put 4 points in at the moment, and it doesn 2.5x dmg (more than crit)... and if ur bash crit, that's 5x your normal dmg~ i found it very useful... u can still help kill in KQ

i dont think pts in revive is worth it.. usually there's other clerics to help out with revive anyway...

invincible is also quite good, (though not many agree)... us clerics can waste a lot of time healing ourselves when soloing, and often if i get mobbed down by 2-3 mobs, i cast invincible so i can concentrate on knocking out a mob or two for 16s or watever it was...
http://www.fiestafan.com/wiki/Cleric_Skills#Invincible

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

Wow, so we can lengthen the time of invincble for a total of 17.5 seconds. (10 secs base +5 for an addtional +7.5 secs) Hmm... That is very tempting but I wonder as a level 27 cleric if the three extra points I have now could be put to better use with other skills still to come?

Bash empowerment sounds great but not taking hits longer vs. mor dmg...hmm... decisions to make. XD

Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
XD yeah... well guess there's 3 skills u can consider

Bash
Invincible
Restore

I use restore a lot, found it very useful, you may like to consider investing some SP comsumption points in it too... (though i still hvnt put any points into it at lvl 44) that'll probably be my next skill.

i dont think there's any other skills worth empowering...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 PM   #5
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

Hmmm I do use restore more often the not when soloing as the yellows/oranges are not eating away at my hp as quick per say the red's do. I was looking at the table there and it looks like the only things you can empower for any benifit would be SP comsuption and Cool down time. It looks like the duration is static but what about the actual HP recovered each tick? Can that be increased or is it static as well? o.O?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Restore 01, 02, 03... the level of restore will increase the HP regen / sec..

There's no need to reduce cool down, as the duration of restore last longer than the cool down... so that also means u dont need to increase the duration as you have plenty of time to recast.

So the only thing worth empowering in restore is SP consumption... that's only if u find that u run out of SP rather quickly keke...

I think empowering restore can wait (i mentioned it so u know wat other skills are coming your way) it'll probably be more useful to do it in invince or bash, since they help u kill mobs... SP consumption wont benefit you as much as these two skills for the moment... (ie. kill faster vs pot less....)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #7
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

I think I will start empowering my Bash. (=

Old 11-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #8
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

=D that's a good idea.

I hope i didnt confuse u too much ahahha

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #9
Spells
Slanderer Phinoflie

No you haven't, you've been very informitive. (=

Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I think it all depends on what type of cleric you are.

Solo cleric?
Empowering bash would be useful since you'll be using bash a lot as its one of your very few offense skills. If you solo, I'd imagine you would use this skill as much as your heal anyway... so if you solo that much, you can put them into power increase/sp consumption if you want.

Support cleric but sometimes solo?
Um, same as solo cleric I guess, but maybe don't dedicate another 10 points into bash. Maybe put a few in power, and another few points in other support skills like restore and invincible. I think that if you half support half solo, then maybe restore would be better than invincible. I really only cast invincible on other people, not myself.

Full support all the time (meaning you'll be partying a lot)?

I am this type of cleric myself and I'm leaving Bash alone because I hardly use it. I empowered duration of Invincible and it's one of my most used skills in big parties. By the way, that wiki information is wrong. Original duration is 8 seconds, and extra five points give an extra 7.5 seconds, so it's 15.5 seconds in total. Either I did a typo in my guide or the guy who put it in did a typo. But that doesn't matter - it is 15.5 seconds not 17.5 seconds. Nevertheless, 15.5 seconds of invincibility is win. I find it very useful in sticky situations where all of your party members are going down. =]

Another skill I'm planning to empower is restore - sp consumption. That's my second most used skill besides my heal so that's what I'll probably do.

Also, points into revive isn't worth it imo. You may use it a lot but you don't use it much at all when you grind. Save those points for something better.