Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Are you single?
Yes 8 50.00%
No 4 25.00%
I'm crushin on someone 4 25.00%
Married 1 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #31
ZeroZone
Phinofly

In-Game Name: ZeroZone
Current Level: 89
Server: Teva
ZeroZone is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to ZeroZone

Ill be honest though...

I had NO Private space at home.... Proboly why i skiped school everyday.
I got kicked out at least 3 times
I still graduated on time. With my HSD AND GED an current in college.....
Not my family miss me >.>...

To make a long story short....
Talk with ya folks about things dont be smart about what you do. Dont always try to get over but please dont make no rash deceisions there are a lot of people out here who will take avantage of you.
Then again people dont listen they will have to learn though experience...

Lucky for me.... I had no super ba thing happen to me...
Every though i skipped school everyday...so do the forbidden...

I never smoked or drinked. though it was all around me. I pick my own path. When people say be a Leader and not a follower they mean it. Dont let other people controll what you do make your own deceisions and be smart about it

just my 2 cents.

Even with all this said...No Parent dont know everything that goes on in the childrens lifes.. even if you thing you do..

I Am Neither a parent nor a Child Actually i al Right in the middle at 20 years of ages my parent still wants to know ever thing i do. but i dont have no one actions i need to be watching over

Total FiestaFan Dragon's I saved from death (104)
Zero's Dragon Magic has reached its Limit

Cap Raise + hellgait anything = F you Zero and your Eva

http://khaospaladin.mybrute.com
ZeroZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #32
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
lmfao my mom thinks everyone should have there own space.
so should a kid, because you cant think the kids goin to pay anything?
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #33
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Probably comes down to respect...

Growing up, I never really did much that's against my mum... I'll ask her if i can go out, no?, OK. Never really kicked up any fuss...

As I respect my mum's decisions, she respects me for my space. She wouldn't open my letters or read my diary or rumble through my draws or anything (unless she's looking for like scissors or something LOL!)

But that probably also come down to my personality... I prefer peace.. rather miss out on some fun with frds than to get my mum upset...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:50 AM   #34
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Well, Loki, it's not entirely bad to hide stuff from your parents.

This friend of mine won this country-level gaming competition, and the final was going to be aired on a later date. (He won 10,000 bucks in it BTW). He decided to surprise his parents with the news, and when the final was being shown on TV, he proudly pointed and told his parents, "That's me, I won the tournament, and see, I won all this money." And then his parents took the money from him and said, "This money wasn't won morally, and I don't like you distracting yourself from your studies. As a student, your only responsibility is to study, and that's what you should be doing."

My friend was SO pissed. If he had just not told his parents, he would have had 10,000 bucks to binge with, or save or whatever. Some parents are just like that. I don't agree with the "Kids shouldn't have secrets" adage. They're entitled to anything that adult's have once they start forming coherent, meaningful thought processes.

Coming to the "I pay the bills" example, once the parents get retired (at least over here), they are dependent on their children (along with the pension). Who pays the bills then? Parents develop their kids to have a good job so they can start depending on themselves, and so they can eventually have someone to depend on in their old age. Nobody would like their son peeking into every private matter of an old parent would they? Trust me, kids will feel the same way.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #35
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that surprise didnt turn out too well...

Did the parents take it for themselves to spend? That would suck... now your friend would never tell his parents if he earns good money... and i hate to say, but the parents kinda asked for it. But then I wonder how "immoral" something can be if it's aired on TV..? (unless its like Big Brother or something LOL!)

But yeah, I do believe that kids treat their parents, the way the parents treat the kids.

Trust and Respects go both ways.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #36
Lady-Loki
sane, so says the voices

Tower Defense 2007 Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Lady_Loki | Lady_Raine | Lady_Leilani | Lady_Danae | Lady_Julietta
Current Level: this changes more often than I care to update this detail
Server: Teva (main) Epith (secondary) other 2 (fallback)
Lady-Loki has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Well, Loki, it's not entirely bad to hide stuff from your parents.

This friend of mine won this country-level gaming competition, and the final was going to be aired on a later date. (He won 10,000 bucks in it BTW). He decided to surprise his parents with the news, and when the final was being shown on TV, he proudly pointed and told his parents, "That's me, I won the tournament, and see, I won all this money." And then his parents took the money from him and said, "This money wasn't won morally, and I don't like you distracting yourself from your studies. As a student, your only responsibility is to study, and that's what you should be doing."

My friend was SO pissed. If he had just not told his parents, he would have had 10,000 bucks to binge with, or save or whatever. Some parents are just like that. I don't agree with the "Kids shouldn't have secrets" adage. They're entitled to anything that adult's have once they start forming coherent, meaningful thought processes.

Coming to the "I pay the bills" example, once the parents get retired (at least over here), they are dependent on their children (along with the pension). Who pays the bills then? Parents develop their kids to have a good job so they can start depending on themselves, and so they can eventually have someone to depend on in their old age. Nobody would like their son peeking into every private matter of an old parent would they? Trust me, kids will feel the same way.
Some parents do not make sound decisions, some do. If the child gives the parent no reason to distrust them, then there is greater trust and less issue of privacy or space. If the child is deceitful and the parent catches them then there is a lot less trust and space and then future outings are more compromised.

Encouraging someone to be dishonest could cause them to lose trust with their parent and their future could be less free due to it, so I don't recommend being dishonest. The OP should just wait until she is old enough & has her parents permission to date.

As for taking care of the parent, I did not raise either of my children with the intent that they will support me in my retirement. I planned for my retirement, just as I expect them to plan for theirs.

To the OP, I suggest: follow your own conscience. That way the outcome and effects of your decision are you own to live with.

Please click my Dragon Eggs to help my babies along.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
And, just for the heck of it, you can visit my mini city to help my population grow:
<--youarehere
Lady-Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #37
Vasu
Malingerer

Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
I understand why you are encouraging the OP to wait for her parents' opinion. I just wanted to point out that not all parents know what's best.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #38
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Yeah.. maybe not all parents know wats best.. but disobeying even bad parents could very well result in something bad i guess...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #39
Vasu
Malingerer

It could just as easily result in something much better.