Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #21
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

The thing is you can still cap and find other things to do. StarLeona is capped, if I am not mistaken, and she does not complain about how boring the game is and how she wants to quit or how she is quiting. Instead, she is working on other things and even trying to recruit more people into her guild. Sheya is another one that has leveled that went and created other characters on other servers. Yes, there are still things to do after you cap. But, if your main concern is get to the top-get to the top-get to the top-boo Fiesta sux it is boring and there is nothing to do, then why not slow it down and level a little slower so that you do not have to wait so long for another update?

And at Triumph, (not meaning this in a negative way by no means, but it may come out like that, so I gotta warn ya, it is just bad wording if it does), you say that people will feel the effects if you are not a trialblazer. What effects should I be feeling because I am not capped? I still get to have fun, I have no pressure from trying to be one of the top players, I get to hang with all my guildies, higher level and lower level, and there is still plenty that I have not yet experienced in-game, making me want to continue to play and discover the new things. So, what kind of effects are you referring to?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
And at Triumph, (not meaning this in a negative way by no means, but it may come out like that, so I gotta warn ya, it is just bad wording if it does), you say that people will feel the effects if you are not a trialblazer. What effects should I be feeling because I am not capped? I still get to have fun, I have no pressure from trying to be one of the top players, I get to hang with all my guildies, higher level and lower level, and there is still plenty that I have not yet experienced in-game, making me want to continue to play and discover the new things. So, what kind of effects are you referring to?
I had some difficulty with attempting KQ's with competent individuals. Granted, the effects are reduced as you get up higher, but as lvramire has stated: He experienced Mini-Dragon KQ success rates dropped to 50% from 90%.

Also, you will find that vendors catering to your level group will begin to diminish. If you look around for green items...level 20-30 greens are scarce; level 40-50 greens exist, but are hard to find; level 50-60 greens are common, and level 70 greens are incredibly common.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #23
Spirit
complete once again

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
good points, but I am a level 59.57 (lol) and I have already had several green staffs drop to me to the point, that I selected the best one and sold the others. So, my level 70 green staff is in storage for when I finally hit there. So, wouldn't the weapons also be dropping to other people has they move into the appropriate maps?

Hmm... about the KQs, I do not do a whole lot of those, but the ones that I have gone in are pretty good. I succeed about 85% of the time, but that seems to be the norm no matter what level of my characters I am on. My mage is in MDs right now, My Fighter just left Robos and can do MDs but I wanna get her a little higher and my cleric is in Gold Hills. I seemed to get a good group of people with almost every one. Maybe I have just been lucky so far.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #24
Rof
oh look! nvm!

Tournaments Won: 26

In-Game Name: Rofellos, Lithon_Jr
Current Level: 7x, 4x
Rof has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rof Send a message via Yahoo to Rof
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Also, you will find that vendors catering to your level group will begin to diminish. If you look around for green items...level 20-30 greens are scarce; level 40-50 greens exist, but are hard to find; level 50-60 greens are common, and level 70 greens are incredibly common.
its common because most of the people grind in the same areas where the 70 greens are dropped. another proof that the rushing to cap is so contagious. lmao!

G____G Member
Signature courtesy of Yosei! <3
And I also want you to visit
Rofelandia. Thanks! lol
Are you daring to challenge MY BRUTE?

G____G Antics...

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
What are rolling pins?

Bowling pins?
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
-come feel stupid with me ralath-
Old 04-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #25
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
There actually seems to be a tinge of resentment now among some of the higher-lvled (70ish) players. (just a few that I've seen that actually said anything)

They perceive what seems to be a massive influx of new players who are relatively high-lvled who encroach/infringe on them without any right to. They refer to them as being power-leveled without any proof of being such, and if they do not recognise a 7x players IGN, are suspicious or dismiss them. I sometimes saw this in the 6x Battlegrounds and the 7x Dungeon, Trumpy Remains.

They maybe resent that it is so much easier to level to 7x and faster than they could before the new zones were implemented, that it affects their attitudes.

just somethng to think about~

p.s. not referring to anyone in particular but it seemed to apply most to those who perceived themselves as being among the 'old' players or the 'originals.' I don't share their opinions~

Last edited by Ivramire; 04-15-2008 at 09:55 PM..
Old 04-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #26
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Well, its true that those of us who are older players had it a lot more difficult than the newer ones. But eh, it shouldn't even be a big deal. I say let well enough alone x_x If you want to know wh y they grind, go out and approach capped people and ask them instead of making reasons yourself to justify on their behalf. >_>

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 04-15-2008, 11:19 PM   #27
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I'm not even capped yet (nor close) and is bored of the game to some extent. I've played games in the past where the updates weren't this slow so it's painstaking to have to wait. But the game itself, I think, is great. It's a lot of fun and I know it can be when I look at BK.

Anyway, to fend off this boredom just go play another game is what I think. If you're capped and bored... why are you still here telling us about it? Go play another game and cap that. Try something that has a cap of 255 or something. Perhaps by the time you complete that Fiesta may have new content + new cap to work on. I never understood the rush and I never will even if I am a grindwhore myself. I will grind for hours (solo too) but it was never about getting to the next level faster... for me it's always been about how much materials I've gained or can gain within that hour.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #28
Spirit
complete once again

Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
Well, its true that those of us who are older players had it a lot more difficult than the newer ones. But eh, it shouldn't even be a big deal. I say let well enough alone x_x If you want to know wh y they grind, go out and approach capped people and ask them instead of making reasons yourself to justify on their behalf. >_>
Wow.
I was trying to make a serious thread to be discussed in a mature manner, given that several of the members on the forums have requested serious dicussions. Guess I will head back to MoS . Oh well, sorry that it bothers some people that I wonder why people want to rush to cap then complain about having nothing to do in the game.

And does being in the game since Closed Beta make a person an "older" player? Because if that is the case, then I am an "older" player and I do not have the same views. Maybe I wasn't active on the forums in the CB days, but I was in-game and playing.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #29
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
To Original Post:

My GUESS is... difference in value/perspective. What we considered "fun" is different to wat they considered to be "fun". We play games to relax between school/work.... wat they see is fun is probably being seen as a high level, be powerful in PvP... try out EVERYTHING as soon as possible etc...

I dont know if these ppl thought about wat they're gonna do after they get capped... it's most probably a goal that they've set to reached... and usually we just focus on the goal, not wat comes after the goal... they got there.. figured that there's nothing new... there's no "WAOH" at the end of that rainbow (except for the 'legends' who got a cool looking weapon that they could only use for 1 more level)... wat do u do when u're bored? you complain

Or that's how i THINK is wat they think... i can sort of see why ppl wanna get to the top... generally everyone has an ego to be "the best" wherever they are... but whether they've thought about wat happens AFTER they get to the top... only they would know..

(and just as a disclaimer... i'm not generalising ALL capped or close to capped players.. only the few that complains... )

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-16-2008, 12:11 AM   #30
Spirit
complete once again

So, they got to the end of the rainbow expecting a pot of gold and get nothing.
I prefer my way, at least I know there is always something waiting around the corner for me. Maybe it is just me, maybe I am just not power-hungry enough to understand the need to rush to the top and then sit there. It is kinda like going out with all your friends for the night. Except your friends get up that morning and do other stuff until and hour or two before the meeting time then they start to get ready, while one person jumped up that morning, got ready, and went to whereever they were meeting and sat there all day long waiting for their friends to meet them at the designated time. Why not enjoy the whole day instead of rushing to the meeting place and waiting?

Closed Thread