Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
Chaos_Blader
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: ChaosBlader
Current Level: 19
Chaos_Blader is on a distinguished road
Hours of Lag

I haven't played this game since CB 1 and I saw an ad for it on another site. The game changed a little except for the horrendous lag. It may be my computer but I played on the same computer with the same specs, and played fine.

1.) There is ALOT of lag in Roumen. I can barely move with people on. I guess its cause of all the people in Roumen. But sometimes its so bad I sit there for minutes.

2.) When moving from different areas (Roumen -> Forest Of Tides, Sea of Greed -> Echo Caves, etc.), My screen turns white for about 5 minutes, I see the intro pictures (Echo Caves, and picture of a miner) for 2 minutes, then white for another 5 minutes and I am in game. This is a problem because for the last 5 minutes I am actually in the server and vulnerable to attacks. Once when I was coming from Elderine to the Forest of Mist I was attack and when I could actually see, I was dead.

Comp Specs:

Pent 4. HT 3Ghz
1 GB Ram
NVidia 6600GT
Windows Vista
Res 1280x1024

I am getting this upgraded soon, because I got Windows Vista (Nvidia 8800GT, etc) but Windows Vista works fine with Aero and other programs on, (like photoshop) and I can play other games, like Portal and Half Life on (1280x1024) on mid-high settings just fine. Could it be a problem with my settings, port forwarding, etc.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well, its Saturday, one of the busiest days of the week. Its normal to lag. Just do shift+z when in towns and it'll hide all of the people, reducing the lag. Once you leave the town it'll come off though.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:48 PM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I don't know much about comps at all, but would it help if you run fiesta under a lower res and play in window mode?? 1 GB ram is a lot more than I have, it shouldn't be a problem for you and I lag a bit from time to time.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #4
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
He has the recommended set up for the game.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:54 PM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think my old computer has the 6600GT graphics card, and there's no "now loading" screen.. just a sea of background blue with all the interface still there... i think that's the graphics card problem...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
Zodiac
Ich Bin Ein Berliner!

In-Game Name: Xsile
Current Level: 4x
Server: Bijou/Teva
Zodiac has disabled reputation
Send a message via Yahoo to Zodiac
Well first of your firewall is basically allowing certian Ports to open, If a port that is required is not open then it is not able to send Information packets, Which causes problems communicating with the fiesta server, Also your driver's for your video card could not be compatable with the fiesta game

"O
ne star one moon one day to soon the light there was will soon be doomed"

[Kitty]
.:¤Xsile¤:.
«WizMage 4x Bijou»
«WizMage 2x Teva»
Old 02-24-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
Chaos_Blader
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: ChaosBlader
Current Level: 19
Chaos_Blader is on a distinguished road
I think its my gfx card, and due to the fact it was saturday. I changed to windowed mode (still 1280 x 1024) and that increased lag times. It is also not as laggy as much, later in the day.

[[ Got King Choco and Truffles quests finished today! ]]

This thread can be closed.

Old 02-24-2008, 03:57 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chaos_Blader View Post
I think its my gfx card, and due to the fact it was saturday. I changed to windowed mode (still 1280 x 1024) and that increased lag times. It is also not as laggy as much, later in the day.

[[ Got King Choco and Truffles quests finished today! ]]

This thread can be closed.
It could be, but consider this:

Due to a PCI-E slot burnout on my part, I've been playing with a soldered Intel 82845G Graphics Controller. It doesn't take me much longer to load each map than I did with my 8800 in operation.

That has 64MB of memory, half that of your 6600.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 AM   #9
Kachan
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Muriel/Novax
Current Level: 34/22
Server: Apoline, baby!
Kachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of lightKachan is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Kachan Send a message via MSN to Kachan
Vista sucks like heck. I recently switched back to XP. No lag! ^^
Old 02-24-2008, 05:56 PM   #10
iDerrick
Symphony

Tournaments Won: 2

iDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant futureiDerrick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Chaos_Blader View Post
Pent 4. HT 3Ghz
1 GB Ram
NVidia 6600GT
Windows Vista
Res 1280x1024
Here's your problem. You cant run vista with only 1gb of ram, otherwise all of your programs will run terribly slow. You need atleast 2gb to have decent performance with vista. I recommen you get 4gb though. My laptop has vista but it only has 1gb and Im experiencing the worst lag I can find. I'm currently saving up for 2 2gb sticks for it, because i know for sure itll help with the lag. Vista takes up a lot of memory, so you're going to need more than just 1gb.

Also, Vista is pretty nice after you get use to it. If you have 1gb of memory, vista WILL feel slow and you would frown upon it.
Closed Thread