Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #41
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
That is seriously about what it looks like.
Or more like this..

[A]: Man today wasn
*A dies*
[A]: 1111222411111
[A]: ***** i was ***** typing

You know how to make the chat input go away after pressing return right? Unhighlight the Command Prompt option in your Game Settings..

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 10-26-2007, 09:45 PM   #42
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Lol, DARKCROSS does that alot. I'll be in a zone, and I will see "12121212312'etc.. coming from him.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #43
SockPuppet
Mushroom

SockPuppet is on a distinguished road
My two cents:
Haven't been in a lot of parties with lifetap-using mages, but the ones I was in scared me half to death. Maybe just cause they were using it in battle, but when you look away for half a second and a party member has lost half his/her hp, it tends to freak me out for a couple seconds
Old 10-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #44
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
yeah before i knew that mages hv that skill.. i was like WTH! wats attackign from back there?! LOL then i realise.. they're being annoying LOL

333333333333333 should be a common one for clerics...

yeah i've got that option ticked.. but sometimes... the chat box still gets in the way

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-27-2007, 03:50 PM   #45
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road
I think mages using life tap during KQs or bad situations is incredibly selfish. Maybe if stones weren't dirt cheap, I'd think differently.

One added danger is similiar to what Hessah mentioned - especially in a KQ, where you can't always visually keep track of what's going on, if a mage uses life tap out of nowhere and they're off my screen, I might assume they're being attacked, and send heals to them. This might lead to the tank not getting the proper healing they need. For this reason, it's possible that a mage's life tap may distract the cleric enough to kill the party.

In safe situations, I have no problem with them using it, and sometimes even encourage it if I trust the user enough. Otherwise, like I said, stones are dirt cheap, just make it easier on everyone and use them.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:31 PM   #46
cryragon
Slime

cryragon is on a distinguished road
Personally I won't help those kind of mages; I don't want to cover their entire grinding costs with my hard earned money. As selfish as this might sound, I do consider they are selfish too by trying to save their recovery items at the expense of others. Life-tap also brings unnecessary burdens on clerics, as they need to keep everyone in the party alive.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #47
Kaleidoscope
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Kaelel/Adapt
Current Level: 25/40
Server: Teva
Kaleidoscope is on a distinguished road
I haven't encountered life tap in a horrible situation yet, my friends use it when I party with them but I usually have no problems throwing them a heal. I know I can afford the sP and usually they are low on silver so I don't mind at all. But I did encounter one mage when grinding in MT that really turned my crank. o_x

I was soloing on ice vivis, and usually I can kill them fast enough they don't have time to cast the speed-reduction thing, but sometimes I get unlucky and they do it right off the bat or one will cast it when I'm fighting a different monster. D: I'm a good little cleric, I heal and revive and all that good stuff. And usually mages around me are very nice and dispel me when I'm trying to get from point A to point B at half the speed. But I encountered one mage that seemed very determined only to use dispel on himself. I watched him use it three times on himself without a thought.

He used life tap once and without even thinking I just healed him as I walked by. Got hit with slow, ran past him again on my way to the next vivi. No dispel. Okay fine~ Don't share I don't care.

o_O; But instead he runs up to me, uses life tap, and then says "heal me". I mean. D: I'm standing there blue and all you want is to use me to regain your sP, and I'm supposed to heal you? xD; I walked away and he got mad and whispered me "do your job and heal me."

Ugh~! I guess it depends on the mage who uses it. But when an idiot uses it with the mentality that I can be the one to waste my sP and not him, well...yeah. That's when I dislike the mages who use it. >_> (And I'm sooo not healing him again. xD)
Old 10-27-2007, 10:42 PM   #48
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
OMG that's like... the worst mage ever! at 1st i thought u said you were partying him.. then i realise he's just a walker-by... i cant believe he asked for a heal when u're not even in his party!!

i would've been so mad i'd wanna smash their face in...

u really should've jumped up and down and heal urself over and over again to piss him off XD

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 10-27-2007, 11:47 PM   #49
SockPuppet
Mushroom

SockPuppet is on a distinguished road
People who just say "heal me" are rude to begin with. I usually respond with a "Well when you ask so nicely how can I say no?" and they tend to get more polite after that.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #50
Kaleidoscope
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Kaelel/Adapt
Current Level: 25/40
Server: Teva
Kaleidoscope is on a distinguished road
I should have, but I guess I was hoping he'd get the point and dispel me. xD; Oh well it took about half a minute for another mage to see me and take pity on me so it all worked out well. xD

In general yes, I don't heal people when they ask to be healed and are not in my party. I may have chosen to be a cleric but my job isn't to be a healwhore for whoever happens to walk by. And especially not an personal sp stash for mages. D: