Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:59 AM   #101
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pertracolas View Post
I dont see why all these People are Complaining, If the Game did give you all the special things that you have to buy with SparkCash, they would mostlikly have to charge people to play. It would be like Final Fantasy 11. But they are at least letting Everyone play for Free, or would you like a bill of $29.99 a month to play Fiesta.
Firstly, this game isn't worth paying to play.

Secondly, the games balance is obstructed as well.

Unlike other games, which have more to do than to mindlessly kill monsters repeatedly, fiesta doesn't have much depth.

A pay to play solution would never work for a game like fiesta.

Secondly, the games balance is thrown off by classes, bugs, and of course, the cash shop only servers to compound the issue.

The cash shop is a way for them to make money, yes. But the moment you divide the game with cash-shop items, you only create problems with balance.

With all things considered, it shouldn't be possible for archers and mages to tank. Yet they can, and they can do it better than many fighters or clerics.

You can buy a nearly permanent upgrade to your HP/SP pool. You can buy a nearly permanent boost in exp-rates.

So, I'll let you decide whether having cash shop items isn't compounding this issue of balance.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:12 PM   #102
walnut
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: walnut
Current Level: 4X
Server: epith
walnut is on a distinguished road
i played Beta and thought it was a really promising little game.

i took a break so i could come at the shiny new game with fresh eyes and really appreiciate all the updates and improvements.

oh wow was i dissapointed!

i mean the clicky bar while foraging mushrooms i can live without, but can someone not have correctly labelled the skill scrolls by now? or the weird punctuation marks in some of the early quest texts? i cant believe that such important things that dont seem difficult to deal with have STILL not been fixed.

and the GMs are definately less evident.

on the outspark being sneaky front i did notice that they remove the unscheduelled server failiure notices from the board, but leave the old planned ones up, why? oh wait, because it looks bad you say! why perhaps an apology to replace it? no? wow i feel really valued, thanks

PS. i do feel that they're making it v.hard to play the game without spending money, ive found stuff on there too expensive to buy on a whim.

I know a chicken who's scared of you,
scared of you,
scared of you.
I know a chicken who's scared of you,
he might scratch your face off.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:23 AM   #103
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Oh No Gold Sellers!
Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #104
Pertracolas
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Pertracolas/Pertracolas2
Current Level: 17/28
Pertracolas is on a distinguished road
The Main Focus
All I'm Saying is that Everyone is Complaining way too much for somthing that is Free. When you get something that is for free(For Example: A Remote Controll race car) you get the Race car and you dont complain till you realize that u need Batteries to make it work. Well at least you didnt have to pay for the $30 race car, all you have to pay for is the $5 Batteries. So you people Complain for all the little things that happen in the game when at least you get the main peace to make it all work FOR FREE.

Last edited by Pertracolas; 03-22-2008 at 07:41 PM..
Old 03-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #105
oOAnubisOo
Mara Pirate Sailor

In-Game Name: oOAnubisOo
Current Level: 60
Server: Apoline
oOAnubisOo is on a distinguished road
I have a question, How do these Sellers get the gold to begin with? Seems a little Phishy to me.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 AM   #106
Pertracolas
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Pertracolas/Pertracolas2
Current Level: 17/28
Pertracolas is on a distinguished road
I've Never used Cash Shop, your saying the more i use Cash Shop the more likely I'm going to run into problems. Should I use Cash Shop?
Old 03-27-2008, 03:12 AM   #107
Miles_Glorioso
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Miles_Glorioso
Server: Bijou
Miles_Glorioso is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MaxOff View Post
Miles_Glorioso , im really glad for your last posts, but there is some important error in your thoughts:
-Every Players that joins the game, will leave it someday too.
-GoldSellers do not sell the drops they farmed to the community, but to the npc's
-If my overvation is correct: GoldSeller mainly generate there money by selling enchantment services.
---they resell money, not generate
---are the mayor buyer for dusts
---are buying from the cashshop
Thanks for your remarks!

1. It's not important to note that every joining player will leave someday - by having joined and doing a little bit in the game they have added money to the economy and when they leave it will still be there.

2. Gold Seller Bots will definitely sell drops they farmed to NPCs, but Gold Sellers who do not Bot know as well as everyone else does that drops CAN fetch a better price if sold directly to another player. I've discussed both situations in my analysis already though.

3. The "reselling" of money is an interesting notion I had not explored - and I can definitely see a clear benefit here for the gold sellers. However unless anybody actually has real statistics on what gold sellers actually do to get their gold, everything mentioned pertaining to Gold Sellers is all hypothetical and should be treated as such.

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
How does that differentiate between a person who, say, farms a lot of sap in the the sap farms in AEW and someone who only farms and only gets money from quests? Obviously, the person who has farmed a lot of Sap and then NPC'ed it has a lot more money to add than someone who has simply gotten money from the quests. The game has a near limitless supply of ways to earn money, simply by NPCing mushrooms, ore, petals, starfish, clam meat, whatever.
I have explored both of these notions in both of my analyses. But to expand further, the point is that both scenarios generate gold to be added to the economy. Thus inflation is occurring. The exact amount of inflation is as you observed is vastly different between the two sources of gold. My notes on quest-related inflation are strictly noting its presence and are by no means arguing it is the primary source of inflation, especially after the addition of my second analysis. Farming and NPC'ing is a very large source of inflation in the game.

The thing with this is Gold Sellers don't... affect the economy otherwise in any other way. That is, they aren't spending money for skills, or equips, or HP/SP stones like real players do--that money "disappears" into the game forever (and I'm going to go out on a limb and say that is good for keeping down inflation since it is removing money from the economy). Also I'm assuming they aren't getting their money from quests since the money that is earned through quests is actually not a lot compared to the same amount of time spent farming. Not to mention it's hard for bots to figure out quests and what to kill and to turn in quests.
It is correct to note that real players are a strong source of deflation in the economy to help counter the inflation from NPC'ing. It should also be noted that real players also do a fair bit of NPC'ing themselves. The fluxuation in inflation related to real players is very difficult to quantify though.

I dunno about this one but I don't think Gold Sellers actually sell (vend) the drops they farm. I've always been under the assumption that Gold Sellers are using bots that can farm or mine and they will later sell these drops to an NPC and since they aren't limited by time, this is highly profitable for them. (I wouldn't be surprised if one gold-selling company could be run by just a couple people.)
Right, as noted earlier in this response there is a higher profit margin to be made by vending to players - but NPC'ing is something one would have to do if you were using bots.

Also, another thing to note is that unlike the real world, there isn't a certain amount of money that players have to earn in order to "play." Yes, it's nice to have HP/SP stones, but those aren't necessary in the sense that IRL, food and other expenses are necessary. So for many people (like me), vending stuff that I don't want is a bonus. I would still do fine whether I sold/bought stuff or not. I know that whenever I cannot sell my equips, I will continually lower my price until I can sell them. However (and correct me on this if I'm wrong), retailers feel like they have to keep raising the price of everything to keep up with the expenses. A character's most basic expense in Fiesta is from the NPC, which do not ever change prices.

Basically, I don't consider Fiesta to be dependent on currency flow from one player to another.
Since you have brought this up, this is actually not an Economics concept but rather a Game Theory concept. To avoid complications, if a player is very very very dedicated to playing Fiesta and levelling up or doing whatever they do and are trying to do it as quickly as possible, NPC'ing becomes a better and better source of currency as one needs money quicker and quicker (and acquires drops quicker and quicker).

But if you had all the time in the world to sell your stuff, or if your competition was very very small (or if you have a very high demand, the proportions of demand to competition here hold the same effect so this is really the same thing), or you have an extremely rare and valuable drop, then you would prefer to sell your stuff rather than NPC it.

Of course not everybody has all the time in the world - so to extend from your observation, a lot of people cause a great deal of inflation because of this.

Also, I don't believe there is much of an economy to look at in Fiesta, true there are things one can look at but in all honesty if water were currency (metaphorically speaking) then Fiesta much resembles the "Flat World" concept in which water falls from the heavens and then falls from the earth - so really there is no stability. In actuality, a "Fiesta Economy" is hypothetical altogether and the only thing an analysis can lend to is an explaination for small fluxuations that players may feel from time to time.

As pointed out, NPC'ing things brings money into the economy, and buying skills/items from NPCs removes money from the economy. It's an entirely unrealistic situation to even attempt to analyze. Ironically the "Vortex of Money" that surrounds NPCs parallels a very long analysis I did on the effects that the "illegal drug market" has on the rest of the economy (drug lords are hoarders and givers of money, outside the drug market they would appear to be themselves a vortex of money, limitless amounts coming and going).
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #108
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pertracolas View Post
All I'm Saying is that Everyone is Complaining way too much for somthing that is Free. When you get something that is for free(For Example: A Remote Controll race car) you get the Race car and you dont complain till you realize that u need Batteries to make it work. Well at least you didnt have to pay for the $30 race car, all you have to pay for is the $5 Batteries. So you people Complain for all the little things that happen in the game when at least you get the main peace to make it all work FOR FREE.
the problem is that the batteries, that fit in the free race car, cost $20 each.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #109
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Dont Necro Post
Old 03-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #110
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
4days is the longest gab, that not necro posting.