Fiesta Fan Forums

Fiesta Fan Forums (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Questions and Inquiries (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Selling Sparkcash Items (http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16889)

Mindspank 01-15-2009 02:50 PM

Selling Sparkcash Items

I know this is not a gameplay related question, but it's a subject that I feel should be addressed.

The selling of Sparkcash Items.

With the addition of the gifting feature in the fiesta store comes the opportunity for opportunistic players to make in game money so they can distribute SC items to players who cannot get SC themselves. With the release of the new premium beauty coupon, I have seen a rise in players seeking to purchase the coupons, paying upwards of 2g. My question is this:

Is it against the ToS to sell a sparkcash item?

I tried to review it and I couldnt find anything that said it was not, but then again I probably missed it. I mean this issue falls on a grey area because while in game it looks like they are just giving you money, you are paying REAL money to send a SC item and recieve IN GAME money. It would seem to me like that would be against the rules because that is the one thing OS is trying to prevent: The sale or purchase of in game money.

I was just wondering this and thought i would bring it up here and see what you guys thought about this because I know this isnt only on Bijou. Although people seem to get away with alot more on Bijou but thats a seperate issue lol.

Spirit 01-15-2009 03:19 PM

I don't have time to link you right now, but it is against the ToS. If no one else has given you links or concrete answers, I'll link them as soon as I can.

Senyx The Soulless one 01-15-2009 07:10 PM

It IS. in fact, illegal to sell SC-required items, The reason?

It's basically like buying IG money.

That's why so many first-gen players have ended up banned.

Spirit 01-15-2009 07:25 PM

Here is the other thread. Andromeda gives a link. http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16629

Hessah 01-15-2009 10:00 PM

I dunno if its actually in ToS... but i think somewhere in ToS say you have to obey anything that Outspark decides...

and It's been said very clearly by CSR that sending a "gift" in exchange for in game money is not allowed.

=D

Lady-Loki 01-15-2009 10:37 PM

This is what CSR_Joker posted about it not long ago:

Posted on Official Forums

koager 01-15-2009 10:43 PM

and yet I've still seen people shouting in Eld to buy CS items....
tsktsktsk

if they wanted to let people be able to buy CS items with igm then they wouldve made the items tradeable
such as games, I think, PWI and DOMO

Hraesvelg 01-15-2009 11:05 PM

It'd probably be covered in Section 1, subsection h:

h) You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit (including multi-level marketing and chain letters) through the Outspark Service. This covers any type of virtual assets available on or through the Outspark Service as well as other online games and any real world items.

Also, there's another mention in section 15:

Premium Items can only be used on the Outspark Service. Use of SparkCash or the Premium Items for any purposes other than as authorized on the Outspark Service, whether online or offline, is a violation of these Terms. Offering or advertising the purchase or sale of any Virtual Assets from our Site is strictly prohibited and a direct violation of the Terms.

They leave it vague enough to not limit "purchase" and "sale" to real-world money. The first bit could also be used to stop people from advertising their stuff in shout, if they wanted to be real dicks about it. Technically, it is against the ToS, but they don't enforce it. Sounds like they laid the groundwork for banning someone for activities that everyone does in case they just want to get rid of someone.

Leesa 01-15-2009 11:16 PM

Well what about enhancers? ._. They pretty much are paying you to use cs things ><

Hessah 01-15-2009 11:23 PM

They're also not recommended...

You cant advertise enhancements on the forum's market place..

I dunno if they ban people for it, but i'm pretty sure they dont do much about it if you got scammed and stuff