Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #1
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Event Horizon

I started to write this in response to what rokaraged said in this thread when asked the value of something. I thought it was a little too off the OP's topic though so I made a new thread.

Originally Posted by rokaraged
The gm events have pretty much BUTCHERED the economy So i personally have no idea..

I agree and I actually really hope they don't plan on doing these events like this once the game goes public; or at least not to such a degree. I always assumed it was just a beta thing. They're fun and all but I would rather have a functioning economy in the long run.

Any of you GM groupies know what they're planning for events in OB and beyond?

I wouldn't want them to completely do away with all the events because they can be fun to participate in. I do think, though, that the rewards will need to be seriously reduced because they're basically flooding the world with free money outta nowhere which completely destabilizes the economy.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:11 PM   #2
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
im good friends with iceman and he said that they were gonna do a lot of events

i think i heard they were gonna do events with small lvl ranges so theres not as much crowd

PM me here or at outspark for userbars,*Be friendly!*
Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
OMG someone agreed with me and thought i said something INTELLIGENT!!!
In your Face EVERYONE in Oblivion.

Anyway theirs OBVIOUSLY going to wipe closed beta. Open beta will have events but i doubt they won't occur daily like before. The rewards also will also most likely NOT BE mass treasure box spamming. They'll be alot more careful.

There also will NEVER BE AGAIN a 5x rate event with Treasurebox rain
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 08-05-2007 at 08:59 PM..
Old 08-05-2007, 09:09 PM   #4
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
Yeah, I'm sure there's a wipe from cb to ob and that'll fix everything. I was curious if they were planning to drop the events altogether or not and if they're still doing them what sort of rewards will they be offering?

People would still probably participate in events even with no real valuable reward. Maybe they could give mass temporary buffs to the participants or something like that instead, so they still get something out of participating beyond simply the fun of doing it. I guess we'll see how it all pans out.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #5
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
C'mon are events made for fun?

Or just to give out 500 silvers?
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM   #6
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Server: Teva
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Well it isn't fun when a lvl 1 get's something it took you days to get D:

If that's sarcasm lol
Old 08-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
But then again, I guess GMs would have to give out some valuable prizes from the events, or else no one would bother going and that would make them look pretty sad. Of course, I'm not saying they should drop pets everywhere in Open Beta, but there should be one or two events with nice expensive prizes for a few people (not the whole community).

I'm wondering if they're going to make pets a cash shop thing though? Because if they are, they will probably not drop CS stuff everywhere and giving them out like there's no tomorrow anyway, haha!
Old 08-06-2007, 09:36 AM   #8
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by rokaraged View Post
OMG someone agreed with me and thought i said something INTELLIGENT!!!
In your Face EVERYONE in Oblivion.

Anyway theirs OBVIOUSLY going to wipe closed beta. Open beta will have events but i doubt they won't occur daily like before. The rewards also will also most likely NOT BE mass treasure box spamming. They'll be alot more careful.

There also will NEVER BE AGAIN a 5x rate event with Treasurebox rain
lol says who?? I guarantee I talk to the gms way more then you do and they have never mentioned anything like this. Besides that treasure box event didnt last the whole 7 hrs they only spwned constantly for maybe the first 1 hr or so. As for the mass treasure box spamming theres nothing wrong with it. The economy is ALREADY terrible an seriously needs some items to be onthe market like unique armors/ weapons etc etc since the drop rate is bad for now the only way that this can happen is through the events.

Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
I started to write this in response to what rokaraged said in this thread when asked the value of something. I thought it was a little too off the OP's topic though so I made a new thread.

I agree and I actually really hope they don't plan on doing these events like this once the game goes public; or at least not to such a degree. I always assumed it was just a beta thing. They're fun and all but I would rather have a functioning economy in the long run.

Any of you GM groupies know what they're planning for events in OB and beyond?

I wouldn't want them to completely do away with all the events because they can be fun to participate in. I do think, though, that the rewards will need to be seriously reduced because they're basically flooding the world with free money outta nowhere which completely destabilizes the economy.
The economy was/is shitty to began with so events actually puttin money into the game is not bad a thing. Like I've said since the drop rate is terrible as coppers an silver DONT drop from mobs. This is the only way they can help move the economy along. Even though a former GM whos name doesnt need to be mentioned handed out Gold to certain people which jus farther helped to make the economy fail along with the influx of CB2 testers pricing items at extremely high prices. Dont worry about the events the economy will stabilize in time.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 08-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #9
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

I think the economy will ultimately stabilize either way. No matter how odd and unnecessarily complicated it ends up, game economies always seem to find their own strange balances.

I know the events stimulate the economy, I'm just saying I don't think it's the best way to go about doing that. It's like an adrenaline shot in the heart rather than subtle stimulation and steady growth. I don't really think its the best foundation for the economy. Too unpredictable and too unstable. If it's a matter of poor drops then fix that, don't just compensate by handing out free money. That's like putting on deodorant to cover up your stink instead of taking a shower.

Basically, a few people make a lot in a short amount of time. When people make so much money in so little time they spend it recklessly and that causes inflation. People charge such high prices for things because people still buy them and those people can afford to buy them at ridiculously high prices because they've just gotten so much silver from events.

And then as the fortunes made by a few during the events, and the few who jacked up the prices for a while right after filter out into the economy, prices drop to a more reasonable rate and things settle down and then BAM! new event and its all over the place again and nobody whats worth what and people just guess and other people just go by their guesses and its a big ass mess. It's messing with the natural progression.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:43 PM   #10
Lyoven
Bored Boar

In-Game Name: Duke
Current Level: Can shout!
Lyoven is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by +Tequila+ View Post
The economy was/is shitty to began with so events actually puttin money into the game is not bad a thing. Like I've said since the drop rate is terrible as coppers an silver DONT drop from mobs.
pumping money into the system wont stabilize it. time will.
the droprates are the same for everyone. events arent. which one might hurt the stability?

Originally Posted by Pritcher View Post
I think the economy will ultimately stabilize either way. No matter how odd and unnecessarily complicated it ends up, game economies always seem to find their own strange balances.
true, true. if its left in peace for a while, it will stabilize

anyhow. CB economy doesnt really matters (wipe).
events are great so i hope we will see some in open beta as well. really enjoyed some of them.