Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

View Poll Results: Which team are you on?
Team Nicki 2 50.00%
Team Taylor 2 50.00%
Team Miley 0 0%
Team Kanye 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2015, 02:07 AM   #1
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Another really important poll

See above

Last edited by Ralath; 08-31-2015 at 02:10 AM..
Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:35 AM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Where is the none of the above option?
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:36 AM   #3
Lirange
Bad Kid

Taylor and Miley.
Nicki is just jealous.
Kanye is overrated and makes no sense omg.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:03 AM   #4
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
But Nicki is actually talented. Taylor is all marketing.

Ralath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:27 AM   #5
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I think on my personal cringe-meter, Kanye tops it all with this

a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Kanye Best.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
But Nicki is actually talented. Taylor is all marketing.
Taylor can't sing and her performances are bad but she makes great songs, she's talented in that aspect.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lirange View Post
Taylor can't sing and her performances are bad but she makes great songs, she's talented in that aspect.
Might be wrong but aren't all these songs kind of mass produced? Like there's a whole bunch of writers/and or songwriters that go into making the song. Often includes the artist as well, but just take a look at this guy for instance - seems to be behind nearly all popular pop songs right from the '90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

I also heard something about how "We can't stop" was originally written for Rihanna but she passed on it so Miley Cyrus kind of picked it up and went with it. This is a little bit why I can't get into most of the pop songs these days. It sounds extremely pretentious but even though the song sounds catchy and pleasant - and I will listen to them don't get me wrong - it doesn't feel "authentic" to me, doesn't feel like something the artist genuinely wants to communicate or anything.

And that's fine for the most part, not every song has to be some deep and meaningful thing but yeah that's my thoughts.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Last edited by Vasu; 08-31-2015 at 07:48 PM..
Vasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 08:21 PM   #9
Lirange
Bad Kid

Originally Posted by Vasu View Post
Might be wrong but aren't all these songs kind of mass produced? Like there's a whole bunch of writers/and or songwriters that go into making the song. Often includes the artist as well, but just take a look at this guy for instance - seems to be behind nearly all popular pop songs right from the '90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Martin

I also heard something about how "We can't stop" was originally written for Rihanna but she passed on it so Miley Cyrus kind of picked it up and went with it. This is a little bit why I can't get into most of the pop songs these days. It sounds extremely pretentious but even though the song sounds catchy and pleasant - and I will listen to them don't get me wrong - it doesn't feel "authentic" to me, doesn't feel like something the artist genuinely wants to communicate or anything.

And that's fine for the most part, not every song has to be some deep and meaningful thing but yeah that's my thoughts.
For many popstars, yes. Rihanna is a prime example of this. She has writing camps where several people come together and write songs all day long for her. Personally, I don't really care too much if the music is good. You just couldn't say they're a talented songwriter.

Then there are artists like Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga who are write all of their music themselves. They may have co writers but the main writer is the artist. Taylor Swift in particular has an album in which the sole writer is herself, Speak Now. She also plays the piano and guitar so that helps when she creates melodies.

And number of co writers aren't a good way to judge how involved an artist is in the songwriting. People have said that Lady Gaga is very generous with writing credits. Changing one word could get you credit.

Last edited by Lirange; 08-31-2015 at 08:24 PM..
Lirange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #10
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Nicki, Taylor, and Kanye.

Miley has been on this "Look at me I'm such a rebel" phase and she has done and said some insensitive stuff as of late (and in the past). This is after Nicki used the nominations to push the point that the media does not celebrate women of color and various body types. Taylor then mistook Nicki's comment and thought Nicki was passive aggressively making remarks about her video (which incidentally has a lot of tall and skinny women), and responded in a non-aggressive way. But she still missed Nicki's point. Nicki corrected her and they made up, resulting in their collaboration.

But then Miley who has a history of saying insensitive things toward race, for shits and giggles, made fun of Nicki's body. Nicki's body is always getting criticized as many believe she got plastic surgery to get her curves. And whether it's true or not she's sick of people focusing on her body.

And Nicki called Miley out on it when she went on stage. Nicki and Taylor still do not have any beef. They both won awards that night. They both deserve the awards they received and then some. They're two different women, of different demographics, and two different styles. Can't be compared. And I think that's kind of Kanye's point in his speech. Why pit all of these musicians against each other and force perfectly good artists to sit and get judged and watch the flavor of the month get the award?

Nicki, Taylor, and Kanye are all talented artists and have their own style. And I'm getting tired of people pitting celebrities against each other. Nicki and Taylor were never having a fight. Both confirmed that soon after the exchange on Twitter, Taylor called Nicki and apologized and talked it out with her. Taylor and Kanye have also made up since then and if I recall, Taylor nor Kanye ever felt any sort of negativity toward each other. Just because Nicki didn't win as many awards it doesn't mean Taylor isn't deserving of them. It doesn't mean Taylor is better than her. And it doesn't mean Nicki, Kanye, or Taylor feel any animosity toward each other.

But screw Miley. She's been disrespectful.

Last edited by Yosei; 09-01-2015 at 07:30 PM..
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote