Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #1
Frick
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Frick, Frack
Server: Epith
Frick is on a distinguished road
KQ Leeching

OK, so theres this habit going around and people are labeling it KQ leeching,
going into a KQ and doing nothing. This is a double edged sword actually and
people only look at one edge. I have been into 15-20 robo KQs in a row without
getting a single party invite.. right.. so now I'm supposed to somehow survive as a lvl 41 mage by myself.. I might be lucky if I can kill 1 thing without dieing.. and can never make it to the end of the KQ.

Kingdom Quests are a team effort and if you refuse to party people because they are too low or you don't like them or you just want your special party of 3, you promote leeching. I will say it's MY opinion that it's not leeching if people refuse to party you, I say it's leeching IF you are in a party and do nothing.

I have stayed at lvl 60 now for a week to help people get thru that frustrating MD kq and get their quests.. all 3 parts. I go into Spider KQ and nobody ever parties me. I do my part for the team.. Do your parts to make all teams full in KQs and THAT will help stop leeches from being born.

I personally think they should make KQs for full parties only, makes more sense to have your party established before going in anyway.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by Frick View Post
OK, so theres this habit going around and people are labeling it KQ leeching,
going into a KQ and doing nothing. This is a double edged sword actually and
people only look at one edge. I have been into 15-20 robo KQs in a row without
getting a single party invite.. right.. so now I'm supposed to somehow survive as a lvl 41 mage by myself.. I might be lucky if I can kill 1 thing without dieing.. and can never make it to the end of the KQ.
There are still ways to help out in a KQ, even if you aren't in a party. You just have to be a lot smarter about what to attack and what to do and it means you have to watch out for your own health. And even if you do die, a little patience would be nice if a cleric doesn't rez you the second you die. Clerics are busy people and sometimes they have to pick when to rez. Not to mention they have a 30 sec cooldown.

Quote:
Kingdom Quests are a team effort and if you refuse to party people because they are too low or you don't like them or you just want your special party of 3, you promote leeching. I will say it's MY opinion that it's not leeching if people refuse to party you, I say it's leeching IF you are in a party and do nothing.
Um. No. The people that do leech don't want to be in a party at all. They aren't joining the KQs so they can get the measly experience that comes by killing all the mobs in the KQ. They join the KQ so they can get the xp and the treasure box at the end of the KQ--and that is not dependent on whether they are partied or not.

Quote:
I have stayed at lvl 60 now for a week to help people get thru that frustrating MD kq and get their quests.. all 3 parts. I go into Spider KQ and nobody ever parties me. I do my part for the team.. Do your parts to make all teams full in KQs and THAT will help stop leeches from being born.
Leechers will leech whether they get a party or not. I don't think a leecher will go into a KQ with the mindset that he is going to help out if he gets a party and won't if he doesn't. Most leechers clearly go into KQs just to leech. Or go AFK. Or go make scrolls. A party invite isn't going to change their minds.

Quote:
I personally think they should make KQs for full parties only, makes more sense to have your party established before going in anyway.
Eh. I don't like this idea at all. It's been suggested before but I think it ruins the whole dynamic of a KQ. First of all, it disadvantages those people that can't find a party to go into a KQ. Also, I don't see how it really helps a person in your situation. If you can't find a party after you join a KQ, how are you going to find a party BEFORE you join a KQ? This method would also clearly benefit guilds who have a lot of active members at the same KQ level. Second, I think one of the most important things about KQs is the ability to cooperate and work together with random groups of people that you may or may not know.

At any rate, no one is preventing you from establishing a party before you get in. You can see the names on the roster as you sign up. Even if you can't see class and level, you can always whisper that person.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Usually, if someone gets yelled at for KQ leeching and tell the others they can't do much because they don't have a party, it usually shuts other people up or you usually get an invite after that...

But if you still got yelled at for leeching when you told them you don't have a party, then that sucks. o-o

Sometimes people don't know, especially the ones that are in a full party already. D:
Old 07-23-2008, 01:08 AM   #4
Frick
Hero Slime

Ok I see your point about guilds dominating the KQs... but about forming beforehand.. I PM people on the list when they appear and try to preform the party but they hardly ever respond.. and helping when not invited into a party you either die or get accused of KS (if by chance you managed a kill) and you never get your quest alone.

I also think people do that on purpose.. they decide they don't like you and keep you from getting your KQ quests.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:20 AM   #5
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
If you just sit in your shroom coz u didnt get a party invite... then the next time I join a KQ with you, i wont party with you, thinking that u're a leecher...

and cycle goes...

I reckon you can still tag ago, and hit things here and there.. make sure someone else has got aggro first.. at least u'll get some exp that way...

there's a few people in spider KQ (Teva) where it's been well established that they're leechers... everyone familiar with the KQ WONT party that guy.. even if he's actually there playing (on rare occassions)

Dont display yourself like a leecher even if u dont have a party... individual power also contributes to team work.. u dont have to be in a party (altough it'll be nice)

i dont understand why u dont get a party as a mage at lvl 60 though.. mage are always the first to be snapped up on Teva

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-23-2008, 02:50 AM   #6
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
I train the hell out of them nonstop and tell all clerics not to res the leechers.

Thanks Loveless!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Lexaeus
Bat

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: FredWeasley, EishunKonoe
Current Level: 3x, 8
Server: Teva, Epith
Lexaeus is on a distinguished road
Leechers aren't much of a problem for kqs in Teva except for a few people, but I just think it is dumb when people join kqs only to find a friend and if they aren't in the kq they suicide. Nobody likes leechers so what I would do is make a name for yourself as a person everybody wants in their party (not sure how that is going to work though but good luck with that ^^)

Thank you Loveless for the awesome siggy

Last edited by Lexaeus; 07-23-2008 at 03:13 AM..
Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 AM   #8
Frick
Hero Slime

My mage isnt lvl 60, he's still 41.

My Cleric is 60
Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Ahhh ok... that explains it..

People only want 1 cleric in their party from lvl 60+, a max of 2..

if u enter a KQ with lotsa cleric... its easy to be the one left behind without a party...

As a cleric, I usually initiate the party, to make sure I get the DDers and a tank XD... sometimes i ended up in a party of 2.. then i ask if anyone else have 2 slots and we merge party...

wonder if that works on Epith... something's telling me they work differently there...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 07-23-2008, 03:43 AM   #10
Monkey_D_Luffy
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Monkey_D_Luffy
Current Level: Lv79 (Capped Mage) and Lv52 Fighter
Server: Teva
Monkey_D_Luffy is on a distinguished road
Ahh yes leeching. Well ive leeched before, not like i try to leech, but yes i have been in a KKP KQ with a full 15 people and not one person would invite me to a pt. So i told them i was going to leech. No responce. Heck others were trying to help me out but asking others to pt me. And there have been times when i would join, but it took forever for it to get started. I though it would just drop the KQ but i came back to the comp about 20 mins later and im standing in KKP KQ with no one around. Well thats my 2 cents. I dont like leechers that do it on purpouse but hey sometimes it does happen and i in no way advicate leeching what so ever.

Monkey_D_Luffy
Astarael (Admin)
Lv7X Powerful Enchanter (Capped)
Teva

Monkey_D_Ace
Heavens_Fury (Master)
Lv5X Fighter

Teva

Closed Thread