Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:13 PM   #21
Skeith
Kebing

In-Game Name: Kuhn
Current Level: 41
Skeith is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Skeith

good luck again =)
Old 07-26-2007, 10:25 PM   #22
Mujica
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Mujica
Mujica is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mujica Send a message via MSN to Mujica
Update:

SPR - Increases SP and Crit Rate, Crit Rate is increased by an additional .2% for each point.

My Str/Dex/Spr build seems to be working fairly well to me, although i want to make an edit to the fact that dex IS in fact fine without adding additional manual leveling points and the build should be switched to Str/Spr/Dex unless the user wishes to have more dodge points. In the near future i'll probably increase my END by a bit more than my dex after a certain point for pvp / guild war purposes.

I will cut you.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:28 PM   #23
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
@OP

I believe strength isn't a very useful stat in most cases. You're either sacrificing the chance to dodge with dexterity, or critical with spirit for every point you invest in strength. Remember, strength will only give you one damage per point (and an extra one at the 5th cumulative point), and compared to the damage from licenses and weapons alone, this is not much.

At the moment I have a level 27 full spirit archer, whose base damage is 200-250 with a critical chance of 16%. If I had invested in strength and disregarded my spirit, my critical rate would only be 10% (from my equipment and scrolls), and would have had 232-282 damage. To me, that bonus damage isn't much at all. This will still hold true as I level up and weapon base damage increases, making the bonus damage from strength even more insignificant. That extra 6% chance to critical for DOUBLE damage is what matters to me. And nothing is more satisfying then getting critical damage with power shot for 550 damage. I find this occurs one out of every 5 monsters I initiate combat with, and if the critical doesn't proc with power shot, I have three other skills up my sleeve to try and achieve this.

Also, whilst adding spirit there is a sudden cap to the growth of critical percentage added. After achieving 5.0% critical with SPR points, you'll notice critical will only grow at a rate of 0.1% per point now. What you choose to do with this cap in mind is solely up to you. Personally I choose to invest in spirit alone.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-03-2007 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Misread post.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:18 PM   #24
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
1:2 dex:end

ive tanked 2 monsters at a time before, it sucked big time but it works

PM me here or at outspark for userbars,*Be friendly!*
Old 08-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #25
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JimJimster View Post
1:2 dex:end

ive tanked 2 monsters at a time before, it sucked big time but it works
You know that Archer damage is based on str and not dex, right? Going for more of an AOE build? MOre evasion and def then?
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 08-03-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
Rightclaw
DFO has my heart <3

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Yuki ^o^
Current Level: Yuki ^o^
Server: Yuki ^o^
Rightclaw has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Rightclaw
Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
@RightClaw

How in the world does dexterity increase the DPS of an archer? Dexterity has no affect on damage nor does it have any affect on attack speed (this is a fixed value at the moment).

@OP

I believe strength isn't a very useful stat in most cases. You're either sacrificing the chance to dodge with dexterity, or critical with spirit for every point you invest in strength. Remember, strength will only give you one damage per point (and an extra one at the 5th cumulative point), and compared to the damage from licenses and weapons alone, this is not much.

At the moment I have a level 27 full spirit archer, whose base damage is 200-250 with a critical chance of 16%. If I had invested in strength and disregarded my spirit, my critical rate would only be 10% (from my equipment and scrolls), and would have had 232-282 damage. To me, that bonus damage isn't much at all. This will still hold true as I level up and weapon base damage increases, making the bonus damage from strength even more insignificant. That extra 6% chance to critical for DOUBLE damage is what matters to me. And nothing is more satisfying then getting critical damage with power shot for 550 damage. I find this occurs one out of every 5 monsters I initiate combat with, and if the critical doesn't proc with power shot, I have three other skills up my sleeve to try and achieve this.
She was asking what DPS meant. I'm well aware Dex doesn't add damage.