Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:55 PM   #1
JamieBear
Hungry Wolf

JamieBear will become famous soon enough
Pure END

I think its more effective to add towards a low stat,
30 Points into my 40 END has more of an effect to 30 Points into my ocean of INT. So far i like the build, i dont miss the 10 damage i lose, and i love the extra hp/defense.

this theory could apply to any class, for example:
Putting points into a clerics low damage is more effective than adding to thier never-ending SPR or END

just a thought, discuss

edit: If a high level mage could post their stats (without equip), it'd be very nice to see ^^

Last edited by JamieBear; 01-30-2008 at 05:58 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
FoxyBrown
Boogy

Harpoon Lagoon Champion!Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: FoxyBrown
Current Level: 75
Server: Bijou
FoxyBrown is on a distinguished road
For a solo mage this might make sense.... but in a party I'm not at risk to get hit much at all and I'd rather be doing as much damage as possible.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
END is a rather popular build for mages lol.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #4
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
Server: teva
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
I put a lot into END in the beginning. I really liked it in the lower levels, but as i got older it wasn't so useful.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
Prada
Mushroom

Prada is on a distinguished road
eye are pure STR to save teh SP
Old 01-31-2008, 01:30 AM   #6
Patchouli
Honeying

In-Game Name: Patchouli
Current Level: 79 (Mage)
Server: Retired from Fiesta
Patchouli will become famous soon enough
I fully agree with clerics having str, but that's because I feel str is useful in helping them solo, while end is not really useful to them ever, since I don't usually see clerics usually intending to, or successfully, primarily tanking in parties.

I fully disagree with mage freestat END because while small increases in base hp are very noticable at the low levels, they are not very useful at high level, and the damage reduction of 0.5 per point is not very useful or significant when most things are hitting you for over 500. I feel that if you want a defensive stat, DEX and evasion scroll are a better alternative, as Dex adds a +%age of your evade, and I find with only T3 evasion scroll and some +DEX equipment, I was still able to evade red monsters (around 6-10 levels higher than me) around 20% of the time.

Lvl 79 Base stats are:

61 STR
209 DEX
189 END
375 INT
253 SPR

Also, freestat stats give different effects to what base stats(and equipment stats) give.

+30 Freestat END gets you +150 hp and -15 pure physical damage reduction. (and +3% shield block, but I think you can't make use of that anyway)
+30 Freestat INT gets you +36 pure damage.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:11 AM   #7
JamieBear
Hungry Wolf

JamieBear will become famous soon enough
oh noes!! i cant go against patchouli's advice. =( oh well, A for effort? =D
Old 02-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
alexbre
Prock Zone

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: lexay/Fantasm
Current Level: 45 mage/23 cleric
Server: Apoline
alexbre has a spectacular aura aboutalexbre has a spectacular aura aboutalexbre has a spectacular aura about
i put some in end, spr, and int

i'm just... spamming...
um... come on Hessah...

VS
Old 02-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #9
BuzZzKiLL
Mara Pirate Elite

In-Game Name: BuzZzKiLL
Current Level: Mage 5x Tank6x
Server: Bijou
BuzZzKiLL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to BuzZzKiLL
lol i have a mage lev 32 an i think his int is +37 now with +44 M.Dmg. though its always fun knowin u can pull aggro off people 3-4 levs above u 1/2 the time, but wen u have no defence it makes it damn hard to solo. i find myself with a cleric buddy everytime i wanna go somewhere with higher leved monsters, i dunno y, but i hate using potions, and burn my hp stones in a heartbeat(well i kno y i burn stones). but with a decent cleric, that can spam heal were unstoppable. im makin a pure end fighter jus to have 1 dude with defence and 1 with power.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:09 PM   #10
holyfridge
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: holyfridge / horyfridge
Current Level: 54 / 59
Server: Teva
holyfridge is on a distinguished road
Though I have not tried this out and what I am saying is all theory, I believe the amount of +HP and +defense gained from freestat END is not worth the +damage you get from freestat INT for various reasons

1) The boost in HP and defense you get from freestat END will not help you reduce the amount of stones you use on a mob, especially at higher levels. Simple example - you hit for less, they hit for 1-2 times more, and the net damage taken is the same, if not more.

2) Hp and defense can easily be compensated with scrolls that are really easy to make or cheap to buy whereas damage scrolls as far as I know, can only be obtained through quests (that are really annoying to do) or buying them for an insanely high price.

3) You are not getting the full benefit from freestat END in that you are not getting a shield block % increase.

Again, this is all in theory and for PvE. Might be a different story when it comes to PvP.

Holy VanGuards Admin
Closed Thread