Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM   #1
Berserk
Slime

Berserk is on a distinguished road
Lots of topics :/. I need all in one topic :P

Hello guys!
I think i try playing thisgame second time and i'll want to bea good cleric.
Thani need some answers:
1. What weapon using hammer or mace or other?
2. Cleric canuse shield?
3. Cleric is godd for fighting or in this game he isvery good buffer no fighter (only party)?
4. What stat build for a buff or fighter cleric are the best?
5. What skills build for a buff or fighter cleric are the best?

Thanks so muchfor a help!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:15 AM   #2
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I used mace at lower levels and switched to hammer at level 20. They both have their ups and downs I guess, but I reckon the hammer seems to be significantly stronger even though the attack rate is a bit slower. Not sure about levels at like 40+ though.

2. Cleric canuse shield?
Yes cleric can equip a shield.

3. Cleric is godd for fighting or in this game he isvery good buffer no fighter (only party)?
Clerics can be really good for fighting as well. It depends on your build I guess, but most clerics can also fight. We don't usually just stand there and heal unless we have (or want) to because we also help the party kill things.

Support clerics: SPR/END builds. SPR for extra sp (and crit. rate) and END to be able to survive a hit or two. I'm going a SPR/END build at the moment, but make sure you pump enough END along the way. I've been going a 2:1 SPR:END and I find that I get killed rather quickly, and there's not point in supporting if you can't even survive yourself, so maybe a 1:1 END:SPR build? Unless you have enough scrolls and things to keep you alive, you can go 2:1 SPR:END. Your choice really.

Fighter clerics: STR/END builds (and a bit of SPR for sp/crit rate, if you wish). I went the 1:1 STR:END build in closed beta and I liked it compared to my SPR/END build which I have now. You need END to survive (since you're going to attack things all the time) and STR for extra damage with your hammer/mace. I rather liked this build even though I constantly ran out of SP because of my lack of SPR.

Support clerics: Well.. all type of buff skills? E.g. heal, revive, resist, protect, invincible, restore, etc. One skill you probably wouldn't need to get is Bash if you're planning to support only. Bash [01] - [03] aren't that great either anyway. The damage of that skill only gets better at [04] in my opinion, I guess you can wait till higher levels to see if you still want bash.

Fighter clerics: Bash is a must since this is our only attack skill (not sure at higher levels.. since I haven't reached that yet xD). As well as most of the support buffs to help yourself. E.g. heal, protect, resist, etc. You should get revive anyway to help your party. You probably wouldn't need restore.. but all the buff skills can help yourself.

So basically, support and fighter clerics get the same skills, except support can probably ditch bash (at lower levels) and fighter clerics can ditch one or two minor buff skills.

Note: I haven't reached a really high level in game yet, so I can't say my opinions are "pro" stuff (some might not be right @.@) but that's what I think so far.. so it's just my 2 cents. xD
Old 09-14-2007, 02:07 AM   #3
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
can someone post like a leveling guide..im having a pain grinding..dont know which monsters to grind at...
Old 09-14-2007, 02:12 AM   #4
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by Symphoni View Post
can someone post like a leveling guide..im having a pain grinding..dont know which monsters to grind at...
I usually go and complete my quests to see which mobs are suitable for me to train with.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:08 AM   #5
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Technically it's your preference, quantity vs. quality, of sorts. Maces hits more with lower damage, whereas hammers hit higher but less frequently.

2. Cleric canuse shield?
Yes, which makes investment in END all the better.

Clerics are better off in a party, but can solo efficiently as well.

Again, your preference. Usually they fall into three types:

*STR/END clerics: The cleric that can solo the best.
*END/SPR clerics: The cleric that can technically support the best.
*Pure END clerics: The cleric that can take a hit.

Of course, there are other variations. But those seem to be the most common.

All clerics can support. The type of build you use is technically irrelevant.

*Fighting clerics: STR/END is definitely what you're looking for. You can dish out the damage, and take damage back as well.

*Support clerics: Regardless of what others say, a cleric is a cleric. Any cleric can play support, despite what others claim.

Check the Wiki, there are plenty of guides.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute

All cleric should put 5 skill pts in SP cooling. As I always party with fighters (hence more of a support cleric) I've also put 5 skill pts into reduce cooldown for healing. (try party with 4 other fighters, you'll wish that u can cast 2 heals at the one time ><)

I guess you should put ur SP pts that enhance your buff, rather than attributes that allow you to cast more often or last longer. Such as increase power in your bash, or reduce SP consumptions for bash.

It's probably worth while getting invincible and making it last longer. Original invincible only last 8 secs (with a heaps long cool down..) but by adding just 2 SP into duration of the skill, it gives an extra 4.5 sec... plenty of time for u to heal, run, or tank if you're being chased. (Or as a buff cleric, i use this time to stop, and revive a party member). <--- this pt is more of Blahs idea, but i agree to it....

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:05 AM   #7
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
The great thing about being a cleric is that you have the skill Heal. So you can actually go grind on monsters with yellow names or if you are low on money go for the green named monsters.

Then when the time comes go join a Kingdom Quest and you'll seriously level so fast since everyone wants you in their party for heals and buffs.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 AM   #8
NavMan
Tomb Fox

Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Navv
Current Level: 1000000000000
NavMan will become famous soon enoughNavMan will become famous soon enough
What's the significance of the colour of the monster's name?

Old 09-16-2007, 07:53 AM   #9
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Originally Posted by NavMan View Post
What's the significance of the colour of the monster's name?
Different monsters represent different difficulties.

Grey - easy stuff. You're level is way higher than its level.
Green - still easy but not as easy as grey.
Yellow - your level monsters that you could train with.
Orange - a bit higher than your level so it's harder.
Red - really hard, don't touch! But you can probably take it down with a party anyway.

But I reckon this colour system is a bit to broad... I know another game that uses this colour system and it's more specific so the colours actually do help a lot in showing you what you should hit or not hit. But in this game, a wide range of monsters are yellow and some of them are probably easy/some are probably hard-ish.

One thing though. This colour thing certainly doesn't apply with dungeon monsters. >__________________________>" Keep dying from them when they attack in bunches. D:<
Old 09-16-2007, 11:52 PM   #10
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
yeah those dungeon cave robbers and kebings are gray, but they hit hella hard!! they were doing 60-70 dmg on me, which is like harder than the yellow mobs at burning hill (i think they do about 30-40?)

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread