Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:36 AM   #1
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Star Wars: Old Republic

Anyone else really looking forward to this? Someone is finally making a story-centric, fully-voiced MMO with divergent storylines (choices matter). AND it's Star Wars. I'm so hoping this goes well.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:48 AM   #2
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
It looks very cool. It may be enough for me to pay for it per month. Every character has their own unique voice. Over 1,000 unique voices.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Hopefully it'll put the RPG back into MMORPG. I don't really play these things to really worry about how much more I need to grind to get to X level. I play an RPG to sort of lose myself in the story for a bit.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:56 AM   #4
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Coming from Bioware, the story has to be great. Kotor, Mass Effect. They know how to write a story.
->Check my Progress<-

Old 08-28-2009, 04:03 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Yep, and since it's a quasi-continuation of the Old Republic storyline, it isn't totally unfamiliar territory. It has all the makings of a great game. I just hope it lives up to expectations.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:04 AM   #6
secbro20
Currently Gameless

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
Yep, and since it's a quasi-continuation of the Old Republic storyline, it isn't totally unfamiliar territory. It has all the makings of a great game. I just hope it lives up to expectations.
ditto
->Check my Progress<-

Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

I'm not sure how much (if any PvP) element will be involved. That might be a little screwy, concept-wise. 1 on 1, there is no way in hell a trooper can take on a Sith lord.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #8
secbro20
Currently Gameless

I'm not sure how much (if any PvP) element will be involved. That might be a little screwy, concept-wise. 1 on 1, there is no way in hell a trooper can take on a Sith lord.
I honestly wish they hadn't have made Sith and Jedi playable. I mean....who isn't gonna wanna play as one of those two. The other classes may be ignored, unless they really offer something unique.

EDIT: Each class has its own story line that connects with the overall arc....there is the incentive to play as the other classes. Story driven. This means the story had better be good.
->Check my Progress<-

Old 08-28-2009, 04:21 AM   #9
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Yep. About the only thing that made me slightly worry about it is that it appears that when you group with other people, the other person's dialogue can change your story, too. It better not be just random grouping, as in a Fiesta Kingdom Quest. All I need is some dimwit ruining my light-path Jedi by being a total dick and taking the "slaughter everyone" course.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #10
secbro20
Currently Gameless

Yep. About the only thing that made me slightly worry about it is that it appears that when you group with other people, the other person's dialogue can change your story, too. It better not be just random grouping, as in a Fiesta Kingdom Quest. All I need is some dimwit ruining my light-path Jedi by being a total dick and taking the "slaughter everyone" course.
Is there a light/dark path like in previous Kotor games? That would complicate grouping.
->Check my Progress<-