Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #1
FighterStar
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: _HeavenSnow_ l FighterStar l xX_DarkStar_Xx l _WindHunter_ l
Current Level: 60 l 60 l 21 l 27 l
Server: Teva
FighterStar is on a distinguished road
Is it fair that clerics usually get the blame when someone dies???

I find it people usually blame the cleric when they die... is that fair??
Old 03-15-2009, 08:03 AM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I think in most cases that it is. The Cleric is the only one directly responsible for keeping everyone alive. Fighters are also supposedly the tanking class but that is not always the case. They're just as likely to be DDs than not nowadays. No one looks to Clerics for damage 8D

There are of course exceptions. Situations where there is no way that the Cleric could have kept someone alive in the first place. One-Hit deaths, sudden aggro-change or runaway trains. It's everyones responsibility then to keep a level head and know what to do. In a situation where it seems XP-loss is inevitable, I'd personally try to keep alive the person who has the most aggro and let the party disperse to lose mobs. That person dying then would usually be me >_>
Old 03-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #3
FighterStar
Fire Mushroom

HAHA LOL.. but even if it is the cleric's fault.. sometimes the person who dies just holds a grudge against you until you literally log off.. and sometimes they eject you out of the party == So annoying.. any advice how to keep aggro off yourself and keeping your party alive??
Old 03-15-2009, 08:31 AM   #4
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
If you're a decent Cleric, you'll draw a core of people who you will usually party with and who want to party with you. The easiest way to keep people alive is to have a group who know what everyone else is doing or will do. That solves two problems immediately. You get a group of people who you know how to Heal and keep alive, and also a group that are much less likely to hold deaths against you. Healing should be considerably easier with the Heal enpowerability.
Old 03-15-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
FighterStar
Fire Mushroom

XPPP thanks for all your advice.. it's helped me alot ^^
Old 03-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Normally want you want to do is find out who the main tank in the party is, who will be doing the most damage overall, and to let players know that they can hit the restone button when things get hairy. Sometimes players die because they rely on the Cleric too much, even when there's only one in a full party. I don't trust anyone that much (not even my regular friends), so I always make sure I have potions and stones ready when it looks like my healer's lagging, healing someone else, waiting for cool down, or my HP gets into the "Warping To Town In 1 Minute" range. I'm an Enchanter, so I don't take damage well as it is, so it makes no sense to wait for a cleric to heal you each cool down when you have stones. Fighters can tank indefinitely with the heal cool down (and archers too to an extent), but mages need to pay attention, especially in a party with only one cleric. Good mages rely on wit. It's only a clerics fault when you have a party of 4 healers and only one DD.... It happens.

A note to players (especially mages): Don't be stingy with the HP stones usage when you have a healer in the party! Even with a cleric in tow, you can hang around the abyss for at least 3 hours if you heal in between the cleric's heals only when required. The money from drops (after only 1 hour) will compensate for usage. Hell, you should ask the cleric how much she/he has to spend on stones, then the guilt will help you appreciate your cleric more....

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 03-18-2009 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

^I'd qualify that in most of the occasions where it's not the Clerics fault, it's likely due to the stupidity/inattentiveness of the other party-members.

Whether it's inadvertently aggroing stray mobs by moving away from the party, refusing to use Hp Stones when it's obvious that someone else needs Heal more, using lifetap at the worst times, just don't make it harder for the guys trying to keep you alive
Old 03-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #8
FighterStar
Fire Mushroom

Xpp
Old 03-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #9
Melissa27
Ratman

In-Game Name: Melissa27
Current Level: 88
Melissa27 will become famous soon enough
i say it's fair..... 99% of the time. we're made to HEAL, we should be able to HEAL better and better as we progress through the game (leveling up). we have TONS of heal spells (like rejuvinate or restore or the aoe one *brain fart, lol*)

i'm gonna add that standing as far away as you can from the mob & the people you heal, will lessen your chance of pulling aggro....
Level 90
Templar_Knights Guild
Married Ra77modeus on 10/15/08

Mellers27
WizMage
Level 71
Templar_Knights Guild

Old 03-19-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
I never completely rely on clerics either as a mage. Since I've played as a cleric with a mage and an archer before, I know how hard it is to heal us in time when there is another squishy mage in the party (I usually party with another mage and cleric).

I always use my HP stones, and even though we have really little HP stones.. I still haven't run out of them yet. But even if I did run out, I would stay safe anyway. I only go wild in luring mobs when I have enough stones/pots with me.

But I only meet really bad clerics in KQs... and those times (with bad clerics), I just die since I'm not losing anything anyway. xD