Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #1
MagesRequiem
Archon

MagesRequiem is on a distinguished road
A place to grind?

I need to know... as a level 25 Mage... where's the best place for me to grind and level up? I just so desperately want to hit level 30. Just for that wicked looking Delight armor. Hehe. Anyways, anyone know? I know Gold Hill gives about 3k+ EXP but thats only once every two hours and there's usually a good chance I won't make it into it. Not to mention I have an extreme dislike for Gold Hill. The very first one I ever did not only did I NOT get any EXP but I also did not get a treasure box despite the fact that my inventory had plenty of space. So i'd greatly appreciate it if someone can help me out.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Aelfis
Current Level: 43
Server: teva
.o0O0O0o. is on a distinguished road
As a group, i'd grind in Moonlight tomb, best xp. @29, Bats give 50+xp. I took my 21 cleric there and got 68xp, but then clerics are better at surviving than mages. Solo, i'd go to burning hill, even though it's real far. Maybe even luminous would be a good place.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
toolrocket
Baby Bat

In-Game Name: toolrocket
Current Level: 6x
toolrocket has a spectacular aura abouttoolrocket has a spectacular aura about
Burnning Hill Bro. You can solo the Megatons and Archers, and they are full of dusty drops. Every once in awhile, jump in there and kill Marlone w/ a team. Once you get bored of the megatons, swing around the back and kill baby bats, gold slimes and glow wolves. All have pretty solid drops for scrolls and stones. Also, start collecting up herbs while you're there because the Healer in Elderine has a repeatable quest which gives Return Scrolls, and the storage keeper has a repeatable quest (kill glow wolves) that gives scrolls too. Nice to have those things handy when you're about to get shwacked.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM   #4
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

Yea, i did the glow wolves quest for like 4 times and after that i was like "forget this, this is too far of a run" But, i still hung around BH cooking baby bats *yummy*
Old 10-09-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
toolrocket
Baby Bat

True, it's a helluva trip, even w/ my hobby horse. Worth it though, and patience is a virtue (from what i understand, i don't know anything about that...)
Old 10-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #6
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

But, think, you spend a good 4-5 mins to get there from Elderine and you have to fight your way through to them. That's a good 10-15 mins. Moonlight tomb is a gate away if you get a pty @ your level and way better xp. Trust me, if i was into the whole quest stuff, I'd be hitting moonlight tomb asap; kinda like what i'm doing with my cleric (22).
Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 PM   #7
toolrocket
Baby Bat

That's true, but when you're on the horse you can get to the gate in burning hill in about 2 minutes. Even if you're a wimpy mage like me, you can avoid the kebings, phinos and weaker mara pirates on the way (perhaps taking a couple hits, but no big deal). Rest up when you get to BH and you've only spend 3-4 minutes.

The thing about grinding in a big party is that you have to split items and exp. Plus, if you don't get a good cleric in the party, you'll have to use stones/pots to keep up ESPECIALLY if you're low 20s. I'm more a solo player, so I prefer collecting ALL the exp and drops. In the end i think you make more money and get more exp that way.

Don't get me wrong, Moonlight Tomb is HOT. I just seem to end up burning tons of stones and waiting around for 20 mins just trying to get into a grinding party.

The best party to be in (in my opinion) is a party of 2 (1 mage, 1 cleric). You can level pretty damn fast, and you only have to split the goodies two ways.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:14 PM   #8
toolrocket
Baby Bat

Plus, if you're solo in MT and low 20s, you can't kill ANYTHING on your own. You MUST be in a party to survive...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 PM   #9
.o0O0O0o.
Robo

On GH topic, i usually make up a DPS group That way i know our group suck up all of the exp So, at least it makes the KQ worth it. And i also learned that, once you complete the golden bug quest; it takes ages to pick the bugs up because you've completed it and it gives the chance to those that haven't not completed it to pick it up first
Old 10-09-2007, 01:49 PM   #10
toolrocket
Baby Bat

Agreed on GH gold bugs. It's worth it to BUY some goldbugs from mushroom shops so you're able to work on the other 2 quests shutian has for you especially because it's so hit or miss to get into KQ at all.

The reward is worth over 2 silver if i recall correctly, so it's well worth it to buy the stupid gold bugs and guarantee yourself the next two quests (kill skeletons and megatons for the 2nd part of hte quest, and kill the end boss for the 3rd part).
Closed Thread