Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Sheapy
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Sheapy
Current Level: 28
Sheapy is on a distinguished road

End is kinda needed for archers since they kill monsters by speed, not by power (Mages). I don't think that they also need Dex since they get enough through leveling and some buffs (They get dex from buffs right)

a 1:2 Str/Spr build sounds good to me since high crit rate sounds appropriate for archers
Old 07-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #12
JimJimster
Little Hob

In-Game Name: JimJimster:HawkShot
Current Level: 2x:2x
JimJimster is on a distinguished road
im lvl 16 archer and i hav 6:10 dex:end

i just kinda randomly put it either of the skills but i must say ive seen a high lvl archer with full end block about half of the attacks of a mage in a free battle zone

i can do really short tanks for the parties i do with my friend, hes a lower level so i just do the auto attack while he kills watever monster and we usually fight yellow monsters

i suggest full end but thats just me
Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 AM   #13
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
Server: Teva
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
End is kinda needed for archers since they kill monsters by speed, not by power (Mages). I don't think that they also need Dex since they get enough through leveling and some buffs (They get dex from buffs right)

a 1:2 Str/Spr build sounds good to me since high crit rate sounds appropriate for archers
if your archer kills the mob before he can get more than 1 or 2 hits on you and your evasion is high enough that you dodge a consistant amount of shots, whats the point of the extra HP and def?
Old 07-30-2007, 06:32 AM   #14
Niion
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: Don't Believe anything I post D:
Current Level: 90% Of my posts are made of lies.
Niion is on a distinguished road
I have a pure str lvl 17, and it does decently <<
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 AM   #15
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Sheapy View Post
I don't remember the exact ratio I had on my archer, but I put stats in only STR and SPR, and I don't think it does too well. It doesn't have enough SPR to crit significantly and it doesn't have enough STR to do enough damage.

Originally Posted by KY_Jelly View Post
if your archer kills the mob before he can get more than 1 or 2 hits on you and your evasion is high enough that you dodge a consistant amount of shots, whats the point of the extra HP and def?
I reckon it would be hard for archers to kill before the monster reaches him. Even mages, who deals a great a mount of damage, have to tank one or two hits sometimes. So they would need the END.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:01 AM   #16
KY_Jelly
Spider

In-Game Name: Unbanned
KY_Jelly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blaaaaaaaah View Post
I reckon it would be hard for archers to kill before the monster reaches him. Even mages, who deals a great a mount of damage, have to tank one or two hits sometimes. So they would need the END.
gotten 2 archers to 20+ now and i have no problem with it. even monsters equal and a bit higher than your level can be taken if you spam skills. and with an SPR intensive build (which i've tried to show my reasoning for one) you can spam skills pretty easy.

average monster speed, an archer can get 4 shots in before mob can attack (obviously less with ranged mobs) and as early as level 17, archers have 4 skills. so worst comes to worst, you can throw 4 skills at a higher level mob and bring it down before it touches you. sure you will use more SP pots/stones that way, but you should cut the amount of HP pots and stones you use down by a significant number.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #17
OdioOmnus
Bored Imp

In-Game Name: Aigis, BeelzeBuddy
Current Level: x, x (OBWIPE HUZZAH)
OdioOmnus is on a distinguished road
I've been making a SPR archer, and I have to say even at a level as low as 9 it seems to be relatively effective. I can often kill most reasonable enemies before they hit me, and with my defense scroll surplus from my cleric even if they do it's not for much damage. Already I have a decent critrate which should only improve, and I have plenty of SP for my skills; the cooldown is more of a factor in levelling than the SP cost.

I HAS AN BLOG
Old 08-13-2007, 02:01 AM   #18
Daghian
Mara Pirate Elite

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Daghian
Current Level: 2x
Daghian is an unknown quantity at this point
1-29
Strex:End
2:2:1

30+
Strex:Spr

Best build right thurrr hehe

Congratulations! You have just been Porked!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:03 AM   #19
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I've tried the STR:END buid and it did quite decently. I was able to take on monsters higher than me and not worry too much about getting hit either.

Right now I'm going full SPR and have to say I like it so far. I mean if you use the skills right you can take down monsters without using all of the skills (if that makes sense). I can't wait to get my job change and try a crossbow and see how things work out then. I usually choose bows cause I like speed and whatnot but I'm going to need some added power anyway so yeah~
Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #20
bcdood
Gang Imp

bcdood is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Daghian View Post
1-29
Str: Dex: End

30+
Str: Dex: Spr

Best build right thurrr hehe
Yeah, I like that build too. It's pretty kickass for solo and groups. Also does decent in PVP
Closed Thread