Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:39 AM   #1
Ryoji
Honeying

In-Game Name: RyojiSama
Current Level: 2x
Server: Teva
Ryoji is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryoji
Curiousity

Why isn't the Bow and XBows damage based off of Dex. Every other game i have ever played has been Dex based for range combat. So does anyone know why this games ranged combat is Str based?

Aslo I have played games where Str does increase Bow damage (flyff,7Hearts) but the damage was mainly off of Dex and Str is less so. Like 7 hearts is 2 points of Dex is the same as 3 points of Str.
Old 10-13-2007, 02:52 AM   #2
Zotius
Spade Guard Trumpy

Tournaments Won: 1

Zotius is on a distinguished road
Well that's the game I guess. If it were based off dex then archers could go the 25 spr full dex build with insane dodge rate.

Edit: Maybe that's why there aren't many archers around. Because their damage is based on str.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:02 AM   #3
Ryoji
Honeying

Well still in every game I have played even though they do get high accuracy and block/dodge they still die easily and have thier downsides. I dunno I love my archer either way but Dex should be for ranged damage imo.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Kiedo
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Evade
Current Level: 51
Kiedo is on a distinguished road
Because every Archer would have the same build and that'd be lame. The game is pretty straight forward with our choices.

STR/INT = Offensive
END/DEX = Defensive
SPR = Both to a lesser extent.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
Ryoji
Honeying

Even if Dex did equal power for bows or if it didnt. Give it a few months when poeple find out what build lvls the fastest, everyone will have that build. Its how all games are.
Old 10-13-2007, 04:49 AM   #6
rokaraged
Naiad Demon

In-Game Name: Renin
Current Level: Renin- TEVA THE RENIN ON BIJOU IS A IMPOSTER
Server: SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!!
rokaraged will become famous soon enoughrokaraged will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ryoji View Post
Why isn't the Bow and XBows damage based off of Dex. Every other game i have ever played has been Dex based for range combat. So does anyone know why this games ranged combat is Str based?

Aslo I have played games where Str does increase Bow damage (flyff,7Hearts) but the damage was mainly off of Dex and Str is less so. Like 7 hearts is 2 points of Dex is the same as 3 points of Str.
Actually in RL archers and crossbowmen needed alot of strength to fire their bows. Its been recorded throughout the 100 years war about the famous english longbowmen having to "restress their string arm" to get it in good shape.

Ever fired a 120 pound bow for 20 minutes? your arm would get as tired as HELL.

Anyway logically, you need a good strongarm to pull the string back enough to get a good shot. The farther you pull it the string back the more power it'll have.

Its a common misconception in most mmos that dexterity should increase bow damage because you technically "hit softer spots." Logically again it would make no sense then because if that misconception applies, then warriors with high dex at close range should be cutting off heads easily.
The meaning of victory is not to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his every achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can recover. That is the meaning of victory.

Last edited by rokaraged; 10-13-2007 at 04:53 AM..
Old 10-13-2007, 06:50 AM   #7
Ryoji
Honeying

I have shot a bow before it doesn't take that much out of you.

And if you want to talk like that becoming smarter(int) wont give you magical powers.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:36 AM   #8
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Because Bow Jesters wouldn't exist.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #9
Ryoji
Honeying

Where did flyff come into play. And even if Dex was for bow damage it still doesnt add crit which wont make for a unbalance as it sort of did in flyff. And bjs where still crap on lvling in that game they jsut were never hit with the knockbacks.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:54 AM   #10
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I was just kidding.. >.>"

If DEX also increased attack power, Archers would gain too many bonuses from a single stat alone.

Last edited by a.L; 10-13-2007 at 08:57 AM..
Closed Thread