Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Vexx
Slime

Vexx is on a distinguished road
archers underpowered?

I have a lvl 16 archer and I'm doing fine, but seeing all the other classes fight, I see warriors or clerics tanking a whole KQ with only 2-3 heal requests, or mages that have unbelievable damage with spells. I feel neglected by the devs. But I think that will all change when Fiesta gets out of Beta.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
Archers are most definitely not underpowered.

Warriors and clerics are generally more defensive and have shields, which give a lot of defense extra. Mages are good nukers, but archers can deal A LOT of damage and are more hardy than mages.

Mine is almost 37, and I was tanking things in collapsed prison with one cleric with no problem. Archers are not supposed to tank, they are supposed to be a DPS (damage per second) and they make good pullers of bosses too, since they have nature's protection.

In KQ, the bosses would often lose hate on the tank and come after me all the time, and that's because I out-damaged even the mages in the group. So if you want a tank, make a full end warrior =3

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Last edited by O-mie; 10-08-2007 at 05:03 AM.. Reason: nid 2 lern 2 spel D:
Old 10-08-2007, 05:15 AM   #3
Vexx
Slime

Vexx is on a distinguished road
meh, but it might just be me because I have a wierd build of lots of str and dex with only 1+ in Spr. But I think they could atleast give archers some tanking ability besides natures protection for groups and the AOE skills
Old 10-08-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Then its your build. o_o I've never had a problem with my archer. :x I'm a bit of a hybrid - 15 end, 10 str and going for 25 spr now, then not sure what stat to pump. I shouldn't have put the 10 in str though, haha

Teva

Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 AM   #5
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I have to agree... I'm re-making an archer in Apoline with a full SPR build for now and I'm pulling aggro all the time. Back in Teva with my Archer it was the same... I had the 25 SPR build and if I spam skills I'd have to run for my life (until I got Nature's Protection).
Old 10-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #6
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

I don't think pure anything is a good build, unless you're a fighter wanting to be an awesome tank going pure end or something. It seems like a little, but the 15 end I have on my archer has helped me A LOT. In CB I was spr and str, and I would go through a lot of pots and struggle to level because I got the crap beat out of me. XD;

Teva

Old 10-09-2007, 06:55 PM   #7
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
pure Spr is pretty pointless since the crit bonus from it caps out around 25...an archer are NOT an I repeat NOT pure dmg classes. Archers are meant to use D.O.T skills to achieve dmg. Mages are dmg classes and Fighters are dmg classes. The only way for you to outdmg them is by usin your D.O.T an archer will never reg-hit or more then a mage or fighter however.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-
Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #8
Valentines
Will you be mine ?

In-Game Name: DieRomantiic
Current Level: 20
Valentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud ofValentines has much to be proud of
Actually that 10 str is pretty handy O-mie.

Believe it or not.

Although I seriously hated SPR.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:16 PM   #9
Grudger
Blue Crab

In-Game Name: Ryengeku
Current Level: 5x
Server: Epith
Grudger is an unknown quantity at this point
I got 31 in str and 20 or 21 in end with two +11 spr rings. Awesome I know Archer. can tank with scrolls and without but better with them and I maxed out Power and aimed shot plus arrow rain in damage. also have some SP consumption in power and aimed shot so it won't run my sp dry fast. I hate pulling aggro but I do it alot but natures protection comes in handy then

Last edited by Grudger; 10-11-2007 at 04:19 PM..
Old 10-11-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

I'm still deciding what I want to do once I get spr to 25. I mean, I love my evasion rate even though I haven't even TOUCHED dex yet - but its like, I level on monsters a lot higher than me so even with high evasion they hit me. HRM.... We shall see. Maybe I'll flip a coin. XD

Teva

Closed Thread