Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 01:02 AM   #11
super_beast
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: super_beast
Current Level: 87
Server: Teva
super_beast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to super_beast
im still not convinced

In all the pvps i've had i've only lost 2 a lv 89 archer, no other archer, yet i've lost 2 mages my lv and if they had really good gear a few lower. Mages attack where it hurts archers juut run around and do little damage. they just try 2 get u 2 bleed 2 death which apparently doesn't work that well against me. I mean in the pvp kq when archers attacked me i would just ignored them and kept going only bothering with them 2 get a quick kill point.
... hope my wife never sees this thread XD she just happens 2 be an archer

Laters fiesta hello Rappelz
SavedYourLife Bahumut's 84 tank priest

Last edited by super_beast; 12-14-2008 at 01:04 AM..
Old 12-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #12
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
So I'm not quite sure where you're trying to go with this thread? You can ignore archer's damage in PvP... good for you?

Most people who replied mentioned that the Archer is an aoe machine. And I doubt any would 'aoe' a group of players and expect to kill them.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:07 AM   #13
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
People play archers for their own reasons.

End.
Old 12-14-2008, 04:11 AM   #14
super_beast
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: super_beast
Current Level: 87
super_beast is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to super_beast
im not trying 2 make fun of archers or anything, i just want 2 kno why people like them so much... im trying 2 decide between a mage or an archer alt... a mage i kno has lower def, but its really hard 2 overlook their aoes and m dmg, but when it comes 2 archers i kno little 2 nothing about them -.-

Laters fiesta hello Rappelz
SavedYourLife Bahumut's 84 tank priest

Old 12-14-2008, 04:17 AM   #15
kirbysprite
Would you like a fork?

Tournaments Won: 2

In-Game Name: kirbysprite | kirbycoke | kirbyade | kirbypunch
Current Level: 37|21|12|3
kirbysprite has disabled reputation
I made an archer because I think they're easier than a mage in leveling.

Thanks cillia!

ks = kirbysprite
ks =\= kill steal
STOP THE CONFUSION!
Old 12-14-2008, 05:30 AM   #16
Mindspank
Flying Staff

In-Game Name: Mindspank
Current Level: 103 Sharpshooter
Server: Bijou
Mindspank will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Mindspank
Archers are not as.....squishy.....as mages. Not to mention archers can kite. Mages my level cant kite solo in CP, but I can. Mages cant kite period. They can try, but most ive seen failed. Epicly.

Its all about preference and it seems you have made your mind up already judging by most of the anti-archer tones this conversation has. Archers, like every other class, are to be respected in their own right. Clerics for healing, Fighters for tanking, Mages for AOE, archers for pulling and AOE. Not to mention the sheer ammount of damage an archer can dish out in a short period of time. Ive stolen aggro from tanks on numerous occasions because they couldnt keep up with the damage I was dealing per second.

Archers have their place, and for those who have the patience and dedication to get them higher in levels, they will find that the rewards are well worth it.

Just my 20 won.

Fiesta - Mindspank - Bijou - 103 Sharpshooter
Aion - Mindspank - Israphel - 65 Ranger
Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 AM   #17
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I enjoy playing archers because it's a fun class and it's the only class that has attracted me. I've tried to level all my alts to 20 but ended up only using them for produc skills LOL.

Archers are nice pullers/scouts, which is one of the things I enjoy doing. If you're going to compare mages and archers in terms of pulling, archers > mages any day. Mages have either 1) long AoE cast times or 2) short range. Archers have short cast times and they have pretty long range even for their AoE skills.
Also, archers can solo a LOT of mobs by poisoning and running. If you try that with a mage ... good luck.

I wouldn't exactly argue that archers are hard to play or are DPS machines though ... .___. Mages seem to have better damage overal and are harder to manage in my opinion.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-14-2008, 05:52 AM   #18
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
Once you get a decent level ice bolt/blast, kiting for mages isn't as hard as it seems. Given that whatever you're fighting is around your level range.

What I like about archers is that their DOTs ignore enemy defence, which is useful if you fight orange/red named mobs.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #19
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Archers are great to play with, especially in KQs. I pulled aggro from a mage with a +9 wand in Mara KQ once .

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 12-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #20
a.L
A to the R to the K

Archers are great for bosses.
Closed Thread