Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
Woland
Mushroom

Woland is on a distinguished road

you should remember that you get some critical attack probability from your equipment and SPR status points that you get automoticly. I am talking only about usefulness of SPR points that you allocate yourself. Besides, note that you should do critical attacks without SPR too and people may have biased opinion because when they have SPR everytime they see big numbers pop up they think that's because of their SPR which is not entirely true.
(if the sources that I was basing this observations on are true.)

Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
Int/Str is useful because it is applied after the monster's Def. modifier,
but crits also become more important late-game with the mobs increasing overall defense and high HP. Despite the stats page telling me I should be critting about 15/100 times I hit, I seem to crit a helluva lot more.

it seems that you're saying that crit ignores defence, is it really true?

P.S. I think I missed monster's defence, it should make some difference because if a critical hit is a double attack then the "second" part of it isn't affected by the defence of the monster, hence you may need to make less damage to make SPR more efficient than STR. Although I don't think it would make a difference bigger than 50 points of damage (don't know how defence works in Fiesta, so these are speculations.)
Old 12-05-2007, 07:07 PM   #12
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
You only get critical hit percentage from SPR points, weapon crit(not stats of weapon), earrings, and crit suit. Rings, weapon stats, and base SPR do not affect critical hit rate.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #13
Woland
Mushroom

That's what I meant, I didn't go into details about the equipment though. The point is - you get critical percentage even if you don't add anything to SPR. A character with 25 STR instead of 25 SPR will have those, theoretically if you both would do 20 attacks he would do one only one critical hit less, but each of his attacks (including critical ones) would have 30 points damage boost. That's what this all is about, it seems that those 30 points are almost always better (especially in the beginning of the game).
Old 12-05-2007, 09:49 PM   #14
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
I think you meant, ONLY in the beginning of the game..

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 12-05-2007, 11:08 PM   #15
Waff
Speedy Slime

Waff is on a distinguished road
What i know is STR has a less significant impact on your character as opposed to SPR when you're char reaches a rather high level..
Old 12-06-2007, 08:57 PM   #16
Woland
Mushroom

Well if you consider getting 600 dmg with non full str character as only a beginning of the game, I think with the current max level limit it safe to say, that it holds true for almost all the game. just my 2cents, as I said I am just beginning to play Fiesta and I don't really know the dmg of high level characters
Closed Thread