Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM   #1
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Robo KQ: Official recruitment!

In light of 4swordlink's valiant attempts to complete the KQ with his 19 random associates, I've decided to take a shot at it myself. However, rather then working off pure guts and determination, I'm going to be organising this a little more elaborately. I'm also employing a strategy which the people in KFiesta use as well. All of this will more or less be explained as you read on. This will be exclusive to my fellow FiestaFanners of course, so sign up ASAP!

Registration

Here's the basic bits. Before I can draft you into this, I'll need to know your details.

Quote:
IGN: This is so I can contact you in game before the KQ begins.

Level: So I can balance out the parties. Read below.

Class: Balance. I will be assigning you to a specific party based on two factors. Your level and your class. The levels are needed to understand how strong you are, whilst your class will help me decide more easily which party you will go to. I'll explain why this is so crucial later.

Build: Again, more balance issues are associate with this, not so much, but it'll help.

HP/SP: Just something I would also like to know, it'll help me decide who goes to which party.

Scrolls/Extenders: You have to have at least scrolls to be eligible. Fact is, without scrolls or extenders, you're gonna die. If you die, games over.

Timezone: Of course, not all of us live conveniently in the same suburb, so I'll need to know this to designate a specific time for everyone to be on. Be sure to be on the time I designate you to, the KQ depends on it.

When signing up, I will need you to post with these details. If you don't, I'll disregard your post completely.

Strategy part I: Parties.

This is going to be difficult to explain. Well not so much. Just a hassle to write. Most of you have watched the video that Fireriot kindly posted. If you haven't, here's the link:

http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=546

You can use it to better understand the strategy I'm about to illustrate. Now, we all know that I'm going to designate people based on their class and level. Why, I hear you ask? Why does it matter? Can't we just bash our way through like we've been doing with the slime, mara and gold hill quests? No, no and no. By doing this, you've failed the KQ because of either dying unnecessarily, or just dying by itself.

We as Isyans aren't Spartans. We don't hold off better if we're clustered as one. We don't beat our enemies in single fell swoops. We can't puncture our enemy's lungs with our spears. In fact we don't even have spears. Our shields can only block on a percentage basis, and we can't stick them together to get imba-block against a rain of incoming arrows. We just can't. We're Isyans. SO WE MUST FIGHT AS ISYANS, FOR ISYAAAAAA.

The KQ's limited to 20 people for a reason. The KQ also spawns monsters from 4 separate gates for a reason too. Believe it or not, parties are limited to 5 for a reason too. Zomg, epiphany? Yes, the party system was probably designed for this KQ somehow. Or this KQ was designed for the party system. Either way, Goddess Teva obviously wanted to test our ability as Isyan's to co-operate together in the most efficient manner. We've been failing her.

Anyway, to the point! There will have to be four parties of five. Each party will be defending their own spawn gate, be it North, South, East or West. This shall be called gate camping. You'll notice that in the video (if you've watched it), that the camera is fixated on one party until a specific point. That party is defending their gate (west I do believe), whilst the other parties are handling one each as well. Why did they do it this way? Two reasons:

1. Mob handling.

You'll rarely be able to handle a mob of 20 monsters without people dying in an instant. It's difficult, because you're disregarding the basics of Fiestian combat. You stick the tank in, he roars, everyone else attacks. But with a mob of 20 monsters, the process is severed to; You stick the tank in, tank dies, everyone dies. With a party at each gate, they'll only have mobs of 5 to handle, much much easier for a tank to take on.

2. Overall efficiency
If you've ever, ever done the Robo KQ (doesn't matter with how many) you'll understand how overwhelming the numbers can get if you can't beat down on the first wave of monsters quickly enough. They just keep coming, regardless of whether or not you've finished with your current wave. You can't ask the KQ to kindly stop pwning you, cause it's not gonna. With a party at each gate, numbers will never be overwhelming. You're camped where the monsters are. You hit them before they can hit you (because of the idle status that's present when you spawn). You also won't have to run back to the gates if you beat the wave too quickly (this is in comparison with camping in the centre). If you're running, you're not doing anything for the KQ, you've either stopped healing, stopped DPSing or stopped tanking. And if you aren't doing anything for even 5 seconds, someone's probably died cause of you.

I'll be designating 2 clerics, 1 fighter and 2 damage dealers (be it mages or archers) to each party. If there aren't enough clerics, then 2 fighters, 1 cleric and two damage dealers will be allocated. 2 clerics is preferred over 1 in a party for more streamlined revivals, and more consistent healing. Also, 2 invincibles > 1. The 2 fighters strategy is self explanatory; it's to keep the aggro away from the healer (yes, healers produce aggro from healing allies). There will always, always be two damage dealers in each party. Otherwise you're screwed. Sure, 3 tanks and 2 clerics could take on the first wave, but their damage would be so insufficient, they'd find themselves swamped in numbers eventually. The DPS helps control the waves more quickly. The basic plan is for the fighter to engage the first wave of monsters head on. This is to assess how well he will be able to tank. If he can take on five mushrooms without difficulty, then he can take on the next wave just fine.

NOW HERE COMES THE IMPORTANT, YET SLIGHTLY COMPLEX PART.

The moment it becomes too difficult (double clerics spam heal no longer keeps him at full health, or invincibles were needed), allow one of the DPSers to pull away one or two of the monsters from the next wave to lighten the load for the tank. To do this properly, the archer/mage will pull away a monster, and then (and only then) the fighter will mock the rest of the wave. Yes, the DPSers will be capable of tanking one monster due to extenders/scrolls. If this isn't executed properly, someone will probably die, and you'll fall behind in controlling the waves before each interval.

Strategy Part II: A look at each wave.

Each wave will spawn at the 1:30 interval. You have one minute and thirty seconds to pwn the current wave before you're bombarded by the next. I'll be designating each party a gate (North, South, East or West). Once you spawn into the KQ map, rush to your gate. The first wave of mushrooms are waiting for you.

Eventually, the waves will cease. A huge break will be available for everyone to shroom, dance or spam their hearts out. Teva did this deliberately. It's so we know something huge is going to come. Something big. It's an anticipating two or so minutes. Afterwhich, bang, a bunch of skeletons come out of the closet to rape face. Forfeit the Isyan strategy explained earlier. We're Spartans for the next 15 minutes. There is no point gate camping now, as the monsters spawn in the centre. You stay in the centre, and kill everything you see that hits your comrades. Continue doing this until the timer reaches 8:30 (need more verification on this). This is when the final monster wave appears. It's robo, and he's revived his fallen comrades .__.

Unfortunately, I don't have any data on the robo. According to Tequila, he's the pwnage. But I'm sure if we could get this far, one robot won't pwn too hard.Anyway. The robo has an AoE attack, which will most likely kill you if you're within range. Two fighters will fight him, whilst the remaining two stay decidely back. Fighters don't have much DPS, as they miss a majority of their attacks on the bigger monsters. They can hold aggro pretty well though. I'm deciding to keep two in reserve just in case the other two fighters unfortunately die. The two reserved fighters will run in and kick, and run away for a short distance. This is to give space to the corpses of the other fighters, whilst two clerics revive them. Whilst the fighters are running away they should be casted with invincible. The revived fighters have now become the reserve fighters, whilst the reserve fighters have taken their place. Hopefully you understand what I mean. I just want the tanks to know how and when to switch out with eachother. If they can't do this, the DPS dies, and everyone slowly follows >__>. Well, once the ordeal with the Robo is finished, a big SUCCESS shall appear for us!

Edit: I'm still working out things with Delilah about the Robo, I'll be editing the above paragraph once everything's sort out. I'm aware that the information above is inaccurate, just bare with it for now.

Congratulations, we've finished the KQ for the first time in theory!

Designated Parties

Please refer to post #4. There was inadequate space for the list here .__.

Well, get signing peoples.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-19-2007 at 09:57 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 AM   #2
chinhchinh
Zombie Master

Though this isn't really neccessary as I conversed over this matter with you beforehand, I'll complete the registration.

IGN: MeNoEnglish (Call me menu, meno, Chinh or w/e)
Level: 33 >___>
Class: FULL SPR FIGHTER FUCKYEAH
Build: Woops, look up.
Timezone: Same as yours, Dynamics. GMT+10
Old 08-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Haven't read your post yet but I'll copy Chinh and sign up first.

IGN: Blaaaahs
Level: 34
Class: Cleric
Build: END/STR hybrid.
Timezone: GMT+10

- Goes and read now -

Ok I just read it. Very nice. May I ask you to add two things:

1. A special request for the clerics. Not only must you bring scrolls/extenders, please please PLEASE bring the pots you need. I know that sometimes us clerics can't heal fast enough in the previous KQs, and if we don't heal fast enough in those, I'm pretty sure there will be times where we might miss you in this Robo KQ. If you run out, we won't scream at you because that's reasonable, but if you don't bring any, I WILL SCREAM AT YOU! DDDD:

2. When you are KQing, please try and take note of the chatbox, and listen to whoever is shouting instructions (if there is any). We need everyone's attention and eyes if something went wrong.

-----------------------------

- Edits out -

Edit again:
LOL@ "MeNoEnglish (Noob, Level 1 - No stat noob, too poor for extenders)"

Edit for the third time:
HEY! You decided our party names without our say! It should be called "Blaaaahs and the others".

Last edited by Blaaaaaaaah; 08-19-2007 at 02:48 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 11:02 AM   #4
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Designated Parties

Quote:
Northern Gate Party (GO GO GOKU1):

- Dynamics (DPSer, Level 37 - Pure spirit Archer with extenders)
- Blaaaahs (Healer, Level 34 - Random stat Cleric, no extenders)
- MeNoEnglish (Hybrid DPSer/Tank, Level 33 - Pure spirit Fighter with extenders)
- Cookie7 (Healer/Tank, Level 36 - End/Str with extenders)
- iMike (DPSer, Level 35 - Spr/Str/End with extenders)

Southern Gate Party (The Clock Spiders):

- Delilah (Tank, Level 40 - ? Fighter with extenders)
- Ramesiel (Healer, Level 34 - Random stat Cleric with extenders)
- Alraune (DPSer, Level 34 - Pure intelligence mage with extenders)
- fullback (Healer, Level 38 - End/Str Cleric with extenders)
-

Western Gate Party (insert personal name):

-
-
-
-
-

Eastern Gate Party (insert personal name):

-
-
-
-
-

These are the parties. Yep, you can make up your own party name. Just say it when you post your registration. i.e. "I want my team to be called Blue Bananas!" I'll think about suggestions as corny as that though. This is just for comical relief. Imagine shouting in orange text "HOW'S IT GOING OVER THERE BLUE BANANAS?!"

Strategy: In-Depth Analysis and FAQ

I'm guessing a lot of you will either have questions regarding why things are a certain way, or questions regarding what else you can do. This section is designed specifically for that.

Specific Class Roles

The Cleric
To every cleric, read this. This is what we want you to do. I won't badger you unless I see you're doing something wrong.

Quote:
A special request for the clerics. Not only must you bring scrolls/extenders, please please PLEASE bring the pots you need. I know that sometimes us clerics can't heal fast enough in the previous KQs, and if we don't heal fast enough in those, I'm pretty sure there will be times where we might miss you in this Robo KQ. If you run out, we won't scream at you because that's reasonable, but if you don't bring any, I WILL SCREAM AT YOU! DDDD:

Trust me, you don't want Blahs screaming at you.

The Fighter

The Archer/Mage

Miscellaneous Advice:

Chat-box Awareness

Another thing you should do. It's called chat-box awareness. I know most of you will be quite busy mashing your hotkeys and looking at your hp slowly go down before spamming for your HP stones, but please, read the chat box ASAP. Keep updated with what people say.

Usage of HP stones

Don't be stingy. Do not be cheap. If it looks like you're going to die, use the HP stone. It isn't hard. Use the damned stone to save yourself, clerics can't always heal you for certain reasons. They're either busy reviving, healing someone more important, or just lagging. Don't blame the cleric if you've died, you're only asking to die faster. Don't harass the cleric to heal you, they know their job, so don't shove it into their face.

FAQ

No questions asked as of yet.

Change Log

Just throwing this in so I know where I'm going with things.

Stuff to edit/change:

Wave control, the last wave (where Robo spawns).
After going through the KQ a few times with random people, I've picked up the basics of what to do in the first part. Getting to Robo is quite easy, regardless of how disorganised your KQ crew may be. Anyway, I collected some information and wrote down the times for each wave, I'll be editing this post with them later. At the moment, how to complete the KQ is still a question. I'm guessing we have to find and defeat Robo before the mobs he summons get out of hand. Yes, he summons the mobs by his own hand. I realised it when I noticed the massive waves of monsters summoned come one wave at a time every 10 seconds. According to Delilah, Robo has pretty low HP, as her party was able to take down 1/8 of his health by themselves. So, maybe if we kill him the KQ will be finished? This is only speculation, but it's something to work on at least.

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-19-2007 at 09:58 AM..
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #5
chinhchinh
Zombie Master

Originally Posted by chinhchinh View Post
Though this isn't really neccessary as I conversed over this matter with you beforehand, I'll complete the registration.

IGN: MeNoEnglish (Call me menu, meno, Chinh or w/e)
Level: 33 >___>
Class: FULL SPR FIGHTER FUCKYEAH
Build: Woops, look up.
Timezone: Same as yours, Dynamics. GMT+10
I HAF STAT LOOKIE LOOK
Old 08-16-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
DwLee
Hero Slime

DwLee is on a distinguished road
IGN: Delilah
Lvl: 40
Build: Tank
Timezone: Central

Guess I'll be the tank for your party, but I can't GUARANTEE that I'll be available. Due to some reasons, we have a very high CIPS bill and our electricity will be shut off. But if we're moved before this takes place, (maybe a few days?), I'll gladly help.

Thanks Dynamic, it's about time someone gets a plan going. ALSO, on the last wave, there's more than just Robo lol. ALL OF THE PREVIOUS MOBS, spawn. Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to kill all of them, and we have to focus on Robo. If you need any more info on this KQ, just PM me, whisper me in game, or reply here.

IGN: Delilah
Class: Fighter
Lvl: 40
Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM   #7
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
IGN: Ramesiel.

Level: 34.

Class: Cleric. Very good at supporting.

Build: Endurance > Spirit > Strength. For tanking and dealing critical hits, and also to have a large amount of SP for supporting.

Timezone: GMT. Usually on at like 12 PM to 2 AM or so. However, if I can force myself to wake up, then I could be on at any time really.

Notes: Would prefer to be in a party with my girlfriend, Alraune, who's also posting.

Last edited by tehfusion; 08-17-2007 at 07:04 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #8
Merryweather
Hero Slime

Merryweather is on a distinguished road
-----

Alraune is a mage. -_- (_) -.-

Last edited by Merryweather; 02-15-2008 at 06:22 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #9
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Don't worry, you two will most likely be drafted with Delilah. Delilah's the best tank so far, but she'll need competent healers. We can't have her dying. You two seem to fit the job perfectly.

You three will be designated for the southern gate party. Have fun deciding a name amongst yourselves.

Edit: I just realised Alraune was a mage. Well, it doesn't matter, I'll be sure to draft another good healer with you Delilah. Alraune, I'm assuming your timezone would be the same as Ram's?

Also, Delilah could you give me more specific details with your build? And do all three of you have extenders/scrolls available?

Last edited by Dynamics; 08-16-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
4swordlink
Sharp Boar

In-Game Name: 4swordlink
Current Level: 33
4swordlink is on a distinguished road
Hey o just don't go off pure guts and determination. a lot of people tried to use the correct stradegy earlier today but it didn't work out quite right.

IGN: 4swordlink
Level: 35 and steadly going up
Class: Cleric
Build: Full END with 5 to SPR
Timezone: -7 GMT I think whatever central time is
Closed Thread