Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #31
Lafieru
Speedy Boogy

Lafieru is on a distinguished road

Archers aren't underpowered, but sadly underrated.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
Lackluster
Kebing

Lackluster is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by LFk View Post
In defense of my statement, i'll refer to the fact that the archer steps up to tank only when a fighter is not present. The logic of this just follows that while can archer can be adept at tanking (high evasion, seems possible), they lack the defense/taunt that fighters have.

My assertion is not that archers are useless in parties. That would just be untrue. However, when putting together a successful party, archers are more so the "helpful to have, but optional" rather than "absolutely necessary".

My statements don't extend in the case of duos. I am referring to full parties, 4 or 5. In fact with a duo, you probably want just a cleric and a DPS, fighters will not fare well in these circumstances. I'm not sure of the archer vs. mage situation here, i've personally never had duo grind experience with either. It would seem that archers have the edge because of a higher durability.

Duo grinding with a fighter is actually not as bad as it seems, though still worse than with an archer/mage. The cleric in this scenario steps up to do some damage to compensate while the fighter can tank hits, and its not that bad.
I'm a fighter and I have multiple cleric duo partners that constantly ask to party with me... At level 26 I can kill mobs in MT in around 5 hits provided I use powerhit once or twice. Build is 10 STR 20 END with 2 +7 END rings. We do better than most cleric/mage/mage parties.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 PM   #33
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie

^ That's not going to be effective once you get to urugu / aew lol since you won't be able to even hit half the time =3

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 11-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
Lackluster
Kebing

Originally Posted by O-mie View Post

^ That's not going to be effective once you get to urugu / aew lol since you won't be able to even hit half the time =3
Tier 2 Aim scrolls FTW? I'm mainly Shield/Sword anyways..Only using axe right now because I got a +6 green one in KQ.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold

cool, but, might wanna leave fighter stuff to the fighter forum x3

Teva

Old 11-21-2007, 01:35 AM   #36
Lackluster
Kebing

Originally Posted by O-mie View Post

cool, but, might wanna leave fighter stuff to the fighter forum x3
Didn't even notice what forums this was in Dx I just use the "New Posts" feature.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:44 AM   #37
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

xD I've done that before too hehe x3

Teva

Old 11-21-2007, 08:42 AM   #38
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Now that I'm actually playing an archer, do people really think archers are underpowered?
The skills are kinda sucky >.> ugh
But the rest are ok. Decent damage, nice defense + magical defense (end and spr), lots of monsters miss you in the earlier levels, and you get to shave off about 1/3 to 2/3 of the monster's HP before it reaches you (this is at my level >.>) Do people think archers are worthless?
O_o if so I've never met them.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #39
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
No. Archers are not underpowered. They are good in their own way. Every class is good in their own way, people just need to take their time to appreciate the advantages of each class rather than focusing on their disadvantages.

I'm sure archers get better at later levels when they get another poison skill.

If someone out there that reckons that archers are worthless, then I would just ignore them. Seriously, why would the game developers design a class that's useless and worthless? >____>"
Old 11-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #40
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I love my archer. But I do have to agree that until you get that Venomous Shot, you feel a tad powerless. Once I got it I know it made a huge difference in the speed I killed things. Now with a good set of scrolls I can solo fine with the help of my criticals I kill mobs well before the DoT skills wear off.
Closed Thread