Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 04-05-2011, 04:39 PM   #11
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of

How's your dodge rate? I've been going full dex and I don't know if it's any good...
a.L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Well, their evasion is better than the other classes and that's about it. Right now it doesn't even save you... you're still spamming stones/potions.

So unless you have some godly amount of DEX from gears I would think that at higher levels you'll be faceplanting more than anything.

Or you know, you can always just enhance and charm...

EDIT: So yeah, up to maybe 2 levels above you the mobs miss a bit more but again this class is meant more for solo or duo than a party. Later on they have buffs that increase the duration of their DoT but as a Trickster you don't want the mob to stay alive after 2-3 hits anyway... otherwise it'll be the death of you.

Definitely a good PvP class by the looks of it though.

Last edited by Loveless; 04-05-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 11:37 PM   #13
Helion
Yippeekaiyay, Motherfu...

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
Current Level: 104/93/86/115/104/64
Server: Teva
Helion is on a distinguished road
I'm definitely enjoying the Trickster class - it's a nice break in between grind sessions on my archer. My experience has been quite a bit different than the others so far. My build is pure STR at the moment, although when I get to +50, I will add in 25 SPR for the crit bonus. I have died only once so far, Mara got me at L15 when I got cocky. Stun and 2 hits while the pot and stone cool downs were going is a bad combo for survival. Still using the claws for now, since they have a better crit rate and hit faster. My only negative for the class so far has to be the amount of SP stones. I constantly run out of SP stones long before I need HP stones. Luckily, I can still knock out a few quests before that point, but it is still annoying. At L28, I have 98HP stones and 54SP stones. I have been able to solo Marlone at L24 using a T2 Vitality and a T2 shield, couldn't do that until L26 on my Cleric, and at L27 on my archer, so I don't think it is as squishy of a class as is advertised.

"I support the Missionary's position....."
- Captain Jack Sparrow
Helion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #14
Kaini
Gold Jewel Keeper

Kill The Pop ups Champion!Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Kaini - Nightshroud - Essai - Shandera
Current Level: 8x - 5x - 3x - 2x
Server: Epith (FTW!)
Kaini is on a distinguished road
Hmmm... Right now my trickster is on 23 (got lazy, made a fighter... xD) And I'm putting all my stats into DEX, using the twin swords. I was going to go 50 dex and rest STR, should I change my mind? XD

Help raise my baby dragons! :3 Click it~
Kaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:29 AM   #15
Helion

In-Game Name: Helion_65, UndeadMonkey, BigFatDaddy, HackNFool, MonkeysSoul, Horakthy
It's personal preference, STR build fits my playing style better - funny how I tend to play my cleric and archer pretty much the same way as I do my trickster, run into the middle and melee until the mobs are all gone. The one thing that I think they have wrong so far is that the claws have a higher crit rate than the dual swords. I would think the higher damage weapon would have the higher crit rate, like hammer over mace for clerics and Xbow over bow for archers. Also, in a class comparison, I have gotten L90 and L100 green weapon drops, and the damage for claws quite a bit higher for trickster over archer, while the aim is a bit lower. Really hoping trickster gets an AoE or 2 down the road.

- Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 04-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #16
Kaini
Gold Jewel Keeper

Kill The Pop ups Champion!Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Kaini - Nightshroud - Essai - Shandera
Current Level: 8x - 5x - 3x - 2x
Server: Epith (FTW!)
Kaini is on a distinguished road
I'm more defensive; if the class was good for it, I'd be putting my points in END xD So I guess DEX is better for me x3

I need a reset scroll for my cleric, she has too much in her STR for my taste... xD Want better END ._. /off topic

I'll hopefully get my trickster to 30 before school really takes my attention.. (NEXT WEEK) XD

Help raise my baby dragons! :3 Click it~
Kaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 AM   #17
Helion

Spam Gold Hill, especially from L26 -30, the experience keeps you from doing too many bad repeats (Glow Wolves, Skeletons). I was getting about a level an hour doing those.

- Captain Jack Sparrow
Old 04-06-2011, 05:14 AM   #18
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Yeah, but even with Dual Swords I crit qute a lot so it's no biggie.

They don't seem squishy because they can avoid the full blow. And kill so much faster. Really, after job change your survivalbility goes up a notch imo.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #19
Destrus
Lizard Knight

In-Game Name: Fyoran
Current Level: 3x
Server: teva
Destrus has a spectacular aura aboutDestrus has a spectacular aura about
how do you get things to miss you ;_;?

i swear nothing misses me, self buff or not. maybe if i had all my points in dex :x. just getting to 25 spr though.

"Broken moves are also vampiric in nature"
Destrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:44 AM   #20
Helion

I don't think that I get missed a lot, its just that I kill most mobs in a couple of hits before they get more than one in on me. Also, make sure you use the defense scrolls, they are really your best friend. I also solo all the time on all of my characters, so I've gotten good at timing my potions and stones. And Loveless is right, I did notice a difference at the job change in being able to withstand more hits.

- Captain Jack Sparrow