Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:14 AM   #11
Gandalfa82
Boogy

In-Game Name: Raimund
Server: Teva
Gandalfa82 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'm saying that you can calculate neither the overall Lucky Success Rate nor Increased Lucky Success Rate without knowing the success rate inherent from the item, as you earlier said. Therefore, that column is misleading. Come all who disagree and I will enlighten you.
Point taken and I did place a note on the top of the Game Items part that says as much to better explain this to the users of this page. I have yet to be able to find the Item success rate or the luck rate so I can not give examples for this note.

I think it is defaulted in the game based on something about the item itself. But no way to prove this since it seems to be Server side calculations or Hard Coded into the Client itself.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #12
Icy
Huge Slime

Tournaments Won: 6

In-Game Name: おぼえていますんか?
Icy has a spectacular aura aboutIcy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Gandalfa82 View Post
Point taken and I did place a note on the top of the Game Items part that says as much to better explain this to the users of this page. I have yet to be able to find the Item success rate or the luck rate so I can not give examples for this note.

I think it is defaulted in the game based on something about the item itself. But no way to prove this since it seems to be Server side calculations or Hard Coded into the Client itself.
And there's also the probability that the developers hardcode placebo codes to screw us over. If only they used more precise English in their description, we'd be sure if the numbers are additive or multiplicative.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 01-25-2009, 01:44 AM   #13
Gandalfa82
Boogy

And there's also the probability that the developers hardcode placebo codes to screw us over. If only they used more precise English in their description, we'd be sure if the numbers are additive or multiplicative.
So true, but we may never know the truth. After all it like rolling a D10, you have a 10% chance to get any number. So, if a success was 10% we would say you had to roll a 10 and it could take 1000 rolls to get that 10. So, the illusion could be the same as rolling a dice or it could be something else coded. We don't know and probably never will know that.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
Icy
Huge Slime

Originally Posted by Gandalfa82 View Post
So true, but we may never know the truth. After all it like rolling a D10, you have a 10% chance to get any number. So, if a success was 10% we would say you had to roll a 10 and it could take 1000 rolls to get that 10. So, the illusion could be the same as rolling a dice or it could be something else coded. We don't know and probably never will know that.
Lol when there's a 10, 13, 15, 17 - naturally we think they mean 10%, 13%, 15%, 17% because those are sensible values. But they could, following the habits of the developers, mean 10 in 1000, 13 in 1000.... or 10 in 50, 13 in 50, etc. Lol. It could even be the mean of a Poisson distribution dictating how many $ a user ought to spend on average before a +9.

"You should never judge a book by it's cover unless you understand what you are getting into. But anyone with eyes can determine your kind rather easily. You and Triumph are of the same breed. Egotistical, narcissists who believe that numbers are some how important. It is one's love for something that truly determines who knows more and it is without a doubt that my love for the mage class trumps yours any day."
Old 01-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #15
morkian33
Hero Slime

morkian33 is on a distinguished road
lucky elrue[1]
success Rate 13%
Luck Rate 35%
Lucky Success Rate 5.95%

There is a thing that i dont understand...
13%*35%=4.55%
17%*35%=5.95%
Lucky elrue[1] success rate is 13% or 17%?
Old 01-27-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Icy
Huge Slime

There must have been some confusion in the derivatives - use the primary figures rather than the secondary.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 PM   #17
Gandalfa82
Boogy

Lol when there's a 10, 13, 15, 17 - naturally we think they mean 10%, 13%, 15%, 17% because those are sensible values. But they could, following the habits of the developers, mean 10 in 1000, 13 in 1000.... or 10 in 50, 13 in 50, etc. Lol. It could even be the mean of a Poisson distribution dictating how many $ a user ought to spend on average before a +9.
Have not thought about those ideas. So could be those.
Closed Thread