Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #11
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

I would say something scathing as a rebuttal.

Too bad it's all true :/
Old 04-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #12
Kaidela
Bored Fox

In-Game Name: Aleese | Victoire | Kaidela | Rilynn
Current Level: 87 | 70 | 60 | 35
Server: Teva
Kaidela has a spectacular aura aboutKaidela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kaidela Send a message via MSN to Kaidela
Originally Posted by O-mie View Post
*palmface* People. Sheesh. The only time I ever refused to heal somebody in a KQ was when I went in honeying, and the highest fighter there kept pulling like....far too many mobs, and blamed me for his death (I can only heal so fast) and then got pissed at the clerics for being there (three of us) so two of us boycotted healing him :3
O hay that was me! :D Unfortunately, people like that guy are pretty common. :P
Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 AM   #13
viasta
RAGING OVERHEATTT!!!!!!!!

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: viaAoE
Current Level: Level of viasta
Server: Epith
viasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to beholdviasta is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to viasta
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
As the old clerics retire, the new ones replace them.

Many of the experienced clerics have found clerics to be boring, and have moved on to different characters or quit altogether. Myself included. After all, everyone thinks is that a cleric is only supposed to sit and heal. How tedious. As a result, the new breed of clerics hits mobs and doesn't heal.
Eh, when I started, there are noob clerics anyway. I am always cleric-less

Thanks Loveless!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:53 AM   #14
downwiffpearcy
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Otto_Heiligemann
Current Level: 1X Cleric
downwiffpearcy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to downwiffpearcy
Yeah, that's exactly the kind of cleric I don't want to be. >.< However, on a sympathetical note, I can understand how the less intellectually endowed people get the idea of "I can heal myself, why not just solo and forget everyone else?" Not being forgiving just... *sigh*
Old 04-22-2008, 03:03 AM   #15
Muon
Mushroom

Muon is on a distinguished road
Always the healer's fault..
Healers get a bad reputation in ANY online game for any number of reasons. The plain truth is its hard to keep every jerk at their maximum potential, especially with all the bad mages, archers, and warriors in this game. There's nothing I hate more than the 'damage dealer' warrior. I understand that you play this game the way you want, and that's fine by me, but why would I want to party with you when your just going to end up with me working twice as hard? This goes for the mage who decides to try to solo things in KQs and the archer who tries to outdamage everyone and dies to a mob because it attacks him. I think the main problem, especially with the higher level KQs is that clerics are tired of taking all the heat from a massive mob of non healers.

As far as parties go, if you aren't making a party, then you probably have little room to complain. I've been there, where they invite all the clerics to a single party. When I pop in and get an invite I accept and see how the party is made up. If there's some lower level guy making a party because the higher end people are all standing around screaming PT! PARTY ME! LVL XX PARTY PLS! Then why the hell should I join that group when they obviously don't want to handle the HUGE responsibility of clicking on a few different classes. Yes I might end up in a 5 Cleric heal brigade. I might not want to LEAVE this however, since nobody else seems to want to group and I don't feel I should have to hold your hand (unless its an early KQ, like slimes or Mara). If you can't handle the responsibility of making your own party, you shouldn't even be in a KQ.

A third problem is the lack of healers (Clerics, Paladins, whatever) that join the KQs. I've been in some where i've been the only one, and some where there's 2 to a group or more. That's pretty much a random thing that can't be helped. Ideally the single healer goes with the main tank and a couple other people, preferably (but not always) a high level mix of mages and archers, maybe a secondary tank.

I love the way its the bad healers fault. Yeah maybe there's some. Can a KQ be finished without a healer? I think so, but people would have to slow down, use pots and stones, and actually help each other out. Actually devise strategies and maybe control aggro effectively.

Finally, its not a cleric's job to heal YOU. Unless YOU are the main tank. If you are, its YOUR job to have the def buffs that you can aquire on your own, and an ample supply of stones / pots to fill in when and where the healer just isn't enough. I get a little angry when its always a cleric bashing day. Sure , there might be some bad clerics out there, but we all have our bad days and at least WE know we will always be wanted.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:15 AM   #16
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
After all, everyone thinks is that a cleric is only supposed to sit and heal. How tedious. As a result, the new breed of clerics hits mobs and doesn't heal.
ROFLMAO. I can understand that, as I'm getting a bit bored of my cleric myself.

@Muon:

Man, I used to have the same view as you. I've been playing as a cleric for most my Fiesta life and I haaaaaaaaaaaaate it when people go complaining we don't do our job properly. It's like "shoosh and just use some damn pots because I can't heal fast enough!" Which is true, is some cases and when you're really trying.

But now, I see differently. I mean, it's actually kinda hard to find good clerics in KQs these days. The new generation is clerics is pretty disgusting. Either that or I'm just unlucky. I have recently started a mage and I've been KQing my way up to level 25. I can't say much about slime because people are still new, but I'm sure by the time you get to the Mara stage, you will at least know how to heal properly.

Back when I played on my cleric at low levels, other clerics are usually pretty good. But now, at least 50% of the clerics are pretty bad. The other 50% who is good are usually the ones who have another higher level character and know what they're supposed to do.

In Angellic's case, that's even worse, considering how King Kong Phino is a high levelled KQ, you would think that people at that level would at least know how to play their classes properly.

According to Angellic, they didn't even bother! That's just sad. -shakes head-
Old 04-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #17
walnut
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: walnut
Current Level: 4X
Server: epith
walnut is on a distinguished road
in a KQ i totally agree cleric=healer. there is a limit to how fast we can heal. personally i put my early skill points into bash for soloing, ive only just started to add to heal recover time, so its a bit slower than others who've prioritised differently. obviously i can only speak from personal experience but i spend the entire KQ looking at the bars on the left showing my teams health. thats it.
i look, i cast heal, heal charges, i cast heal, heal charges, i cast heal......etc.

when theres one cleric and 4 other party members it only takes one silly damage dealer standing too close to the action, or drawing too many mobs to make me look really stupid and incompetant. im not. tell me what more can i do?

and by the way when not in a KQ i dont just heal i hit stuff too.

why? because all it takes is a double click on a bad guy then i can look back
at my bars and heal, and charge heal, and heal...etc. do i do lots of damage? no, do i stop healing effectively? no, do i get myself killed because i attract aggro? no, do i waste skill points on attacking when i should be healing? no! so please dont nag me about it!

i dont tell you how to do your bit!

i do my best and i think i help more than just standing there waiting for heal to recharge! in KQ no just heal, in rest of the world let me hit stuff!!!! its no harm just helping.

I know a chicken who's scared of you,
scared of you,
scared of you.
I know a chicken who's scared of you,
he might scratch your face off.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:25 PM   #18
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Muon View Post
Healers get a bad reputation in ANY online game for any number of reasons. The plain truth is its hard to keep every jerk at their maximum potential, especially with all the bad mages, archers, and warriors in this game. There's nothing I hate more than the 'damage dealer' warrior. I understand that you play this game the way you want, and that's fine by me, but why would I want to party with you when your just going to end up with me working twice as hard? This goes for the mage who decides to try to solo things in KQs and the archer who tries to outdamage everyone and dies to a mob because it attacks him. I think the main problem, especially with the higher level KQs is that clerics are tired of taking all the heat from a massive mob of non healers.
I agree with most of your post, just not this one.
I think a DD warrior is very valuable. Why do you have grudges against DD fighters? They're trading in their defense for more strength, and faster kills. It's their way of playing, and if you don't like having faster kills but more damage taken, then just don't party with them and another cleric will.

Mages who try to solo through KQ, well, I don't have much to say about that. It can be any class, but mage soloing is risky x-x; However, if they're pulling something off the tank, it might be for a good reason.

In KQ as an archer, I will always try to do the most damage I can do. If that means drawing aggro, I'll run and wait for someone else to grab it. I'm not going to not use my skills because of the fear it might draw aggro; I've been lucky in KQs and met lots of great clerics. I don't mind dying, I know it wasn't the cleric's fault, and I know how much I can take and I'll pot/stone if I have to.

In a KQ, everyone should try their best. It doesn't matter if you're a DD fighter or a tanker fighter, you should be in the front lines (or back xD) because you're best there. A mage could take out the extra mobs, and archers even though not the best DD at times, should still do as much damage as they can.

Going back to the topic of clerics, I don't mind clerics that can tank or bash at the mobs as long as they also take care of the party. I just don't like it when they try to tank, fail, and run after the mob when we die @-@;

{ enraya ! }
Old 04-30-2008, 06:57 AM   #19
-Leona-
Speedy Boogy

In-Game Name: StarLeona
Current Level: Capped
-Leona- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to -Leona-
Originally Posted by Muon View Post

As far as parties go, if you aren't making a party, then you probably have little room to complain. I've been there, where they invite all the clerics to a single party. When I pop in and get an invite I accept and see how the party is made up. If there's some lower level guy making a party because the higher end people are all standing around screaming PT! PARTY ME! LVL XX PARTY PLS! Then why the hell should I join that group when they obviously don't want to handle the HUGE responsibility of clicking on a few different classes. Yes I might end up in a 5 Cleric heal brigade. I might not want to LEAVE this however, since nobody else seems to want to group and I don't feel I should have to hold your hand (unless its an early KQ, like slimes or Mara). If you can't handle the responsibility of making your own party, you shouldn't even be in a KQ.

A third problem is the lack of healers (Clerics, Paladins, whatever) that join the KQs. I've been in some where i've been the only one, and some where there's 2 to a group or more. That's pretty much a random thing that can't be helped. Ideally the single healer goes with the main tank and a couple other people, preferably (but not always) a high level mix of mages and archers, maybe a secondary tank.

I love the way its the bad healers fault. Yeah maybe there's some. Can a KQ be finished without a healer? I think so, but people would have to slow down, use pots and stones, and actually help each other out. Actually devise strategies and maybe control aggro effectively.

Finally, its not a cleric's job to heal YOU. Unless YOU are the main tank. If you are, its YOUR job to have the def buffs that you can aquire on your own, and an ample supply of stones / pots to fill in when and where the healer just isn't enough. I get a little angry when its always a cleric bashing day. Sure , there might be some bad clerics out there, but we all have our bad days and at least WE know we will always be wanted.

No offence pal but go do something else play checkers or something cuz u definetely suck as far as theory about how people should act.

U state u hate DD fighters, u might wanna reconsider that cuz a big majority of the best tanks in this games (including myself) are str based tankers. Can i tank?, yes i can tank pretty much anything you can think off EVEN without cleric but if i have a cleric in my party and he isn't healing yes i will bitch at him and eventually ban him from party. In a KQ clerics are only good for 2 things BUFF and HEAL if they dont' do those 2 things they should just delete and play another class, as a cleric in a KQ can't do **** as far as damage goes.

U say is not he cleric job to heal u?, another retarded statement, if the cleric is not supposed to heal than fighter is not supposed to tank and mage not supposed to attack with high damage spells, please dude use your head and your brain before saying something as retarded as "IS NOT THE CLERIC JOB TO HEAL YOU" if u got a cleric in your party IT IS HIS DUTY TO HEAL THE WHOLE PARTY TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY.

A good cleric will NEVER heal himself and worry about the party while he would use stones and pots to keep himself alive. I partied and know the best clerics on Teva and not one ever stated something as retarded as what u said "not my job to heal u dude".

Also pal another totally retarded remark is saying u would actually like being stuck in a 5 cleric party, hmmmm given how much damage the clerics can do the 5 of u will basically leech the KQ while the other ten finish the KQ and any player that is aware of the importance and job of the cleric will agree with me on the fact that the cleric is responsible of supporting the party with heal and buffs and not go out fighting.

You say every player is responsible of making his party?, that is stupid what if u get 7 parties of 2 people, will that mean the players there are responsable. NO on the contrary it will mean the KQ is made of 14 freakin noobs and 1 unlucky guy who is partyless cuz he tried to form his own party but everyone told him "sorry everyone is duoing, u have to solo now that u were to slow".

Nobody should blame the cleric when a KQ fails as pretty much everyone did something wrong, but when u get 2 clerics in the same party while 2 other parties don't have a cleric than we have a problem.

Your post totally pissed me off how u r trying to say is not the cleric job to heal and that u hate a DD fighter cuz in your opinion he can't tank. DUDE sorry to say but u r a big time NOOB.

>_< OMG i went all out on the poor guy ^^

StarLeona lvl 7x Fighter
Guild Master of Serenity
DD full str Axe Fighter 1.3k+ Defence
REMEMBER THIS NAME cuz ONE DAY WILL BE LEGEND

Last edited by -Leona-; 04-30-2008 at 07:03 AM..
Old 04-30-2008, 07:42 AM   #20
+Tequila+
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Braver
Current Level: 126
Server: Wildlands(PvP)
+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough+Tequila+ will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to +Tequila+ Send a message via MSN to +Tequila+
Originally Posted by -Leona- View Post
No offence pal but go do something else play checkers or something cuz u definetely suck as far as theory about how people should act.

U state u hate DD fighters, u might wanna reconsider that cuz a big majority of the best tanks in this games (including myself) are str based tankers. Can i tank?, yes i can tank pretty much anything you can think off EVEN without cleric but if i have a cleric in my party and he isn't healing yes i will bitch at him and eventually ban him from party. In a KQ clerics are only good for 2 things BUFF and HEAL if they dont' do those 2 things they should just delete and play another class, as a cleric in a KQ can't do **** as far as damage goes.

U say is not he cleric job to heal u?, another retarded statement, if the cleric is not supposed to heal than fighter is not supposed to tank and mage not supposed to attack with high damage spells, please dude use your head and your brain before saying something as retarded as "IS NOT THE CLERIC JOB TO HEAL YOU" if u got a cleric in your party IT IS HIS DUTY TO HEAL THE WHOLE PARTY TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY.

A good cleric will NEVER heal himself and worry about the party while he would use stones and pots to keep himself alive. I partied and know the best clerics on Teva and not one ever stated something as retarded as what u said "not my job to heal u dude".

Also pal another totally retarded remark is saying u would actually like being stuck in a 5 cleric party, hmmmm given how much damage the clerics can do the 5 of u will basically leech the KQ while the other ten finish the KQ and any player that is aware of the importance and job of the cleric will agree with me on the fact that the cleric is responsible of supporting the party with heal and buffs and not go out fighting.

You say every player is responsible of making his party?, that is stupid what if u get 7 parties of 2 people, will that mean the players there are responsable. NO on the contrary it will mean the KQ is made of 14 freakin noobs and 1 unlucky guy who is partyless cuz he tried to form his own party but everyone told him "sorry everyone is duoing, u have to solo now that u were to slow".

Nobody should blame the cleric when a KQ fails as pretty much everyone did something wrong, but when u get 2 clerics in the same party while 2 other parties don't have a cleric than we have a problem.

Your post totally pissed me off how u r trying to say is not the cleric job to heal and that u hate a DD fighter cuz in your opinion he can't tank. DUDE sorry to say but u r a big time NOOB.

>_< OMG i went all out on the poor guy ^^
lol I could sit here all night and poke holes in your statement but I won't bother. I dont really think you even understood what he was trying to say. He said healers get bad reputations in every game which is true. No matter what happens if a party wipes the healer gets blamed. If the warrior is crappy and can't tank the healer gets blamed. If the warrior is stupid and pulls too many mobs the healer also gets part of the blame. If the warrior is stupid and uses a axe instead of a shield+sword the healer gets blamed because he cant keep the paper warrior alive. He also stated he hates DD warriors*that means warriors with axes and 2 hand swords*. I don't care how much defense you have or whatever your defense will never compare to a shield+sword warrior of the same level and equal equipment. Why would any cleric want to waste time , mp pots and stones keeping you alive when he can just party with a Shield user.

Also I see you like to throw the word noob around. It doesn't really make you seem pro or whatever. I could call you a noob if I wanted too and be justified because I've played this game longer then you and know more about it then you could possibly know. He has a opinion and you have yours. I don't think you need to call him a noob to get your point across whatever it was. You say you can tank just about anything I could name without a cleric. We'll see how far you really go without one when the cap is raised again ^.^.

Jade Dynasty:Braver:13X:Balo
-Heaven Alliance Captain:Stardust Marshall-

Last edited by +Tequila+; 04-30-2008 at 07:45 AM..
Closed Thread