Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM   #21
AngellicDiety
Marlone

In-Game Name: AngellicDiety
Current Level: 1 divided by zero
Server: Teva
AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough

The screenshots only told one portion of the story.

Unfortunately Snake is a bit naive in this sort of situation.

Snake may have dissuaded racism in game, but he's now promoted the abuse of players.

Although it may have been better to have involved the GM's instead of taking action themselves, I can tell you from experience most of the Game Masters ignore you.

They often brush off the problems by simply stating "Well if they can, then its allowed."

User action is not permissable. Game Master action is non existant. Thus, the server is ruled with the quoted term "morons" because the victims always remain victims.

To permanently ban Falcomist, and other members including Uchiha_Itachi, only serve to point out the fact that the Game Masters have no clue whats happening in game.

Like I've said, there has been confrontations on my end with some of these people. Although I wouldn't have resorted to making racist comments, I surely would've warred them.

Although the racism is intolerable, its no excuse to punish one side soo severely when its clear the other side is deserving of equal punishment.

I doubt any Game Masters are lurking the forums at these times, but they really need to begin moderating the game properly. Otherwise when word begins spreading, outspark will see a severe decline in the popularity of their game(s).

I'm sure everyone at outspark knows what bad IGN and GameSpy ratings can do to their image.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 04-22-2008 at 11:42 PM..
Old 04-23-2008, 12:28 AM   #22
IntoTheRain
Hero Slime

Current Level: 79
Server: all
IntoTheRain is on a distinguished road
what u can expect???

u can say sometimes people are provoqed by others to say things, but WHY RACISM COMMENTS, of course they hav a education problem, they feel superiors but this time GMS did a great job
Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 AM   #23
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Nothing that hasn't been said in other GWs :/

Still can't justify what they said but it's still only one side of the story, where are/are there any screenshots of what provoked this?

Perma-ban still seems too harsh, especially for those who were banned for defending people, if defending was all they did.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #24
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.outspark.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=15

I guess it's in the ToS.... (although i tried lookin for it the 1st time and couldnt find it.. but Serric pull the relevant bit out)

I think falco is just unlucky to be the 1st to be "executed"... I guess it also acts as a warning to all... (Chinese Proverb: To kill one and warn thousand others)

But yeah... surely there's another side to that... some ppl are good at stepping on the lines and not cross it.. seems like Falco and Uchiha crossed the line....

EDIT: and i agree with SKiNG here...

Originally Posted by SKiNG
Ok, here is the ultimate question to ask your yourself.

Is it so hard to not be racial that you need a 2nd chance to correct yourself?

Maybe it's because my parents raised me this way or my school did a good job on teaching me about equality, but I just can't seem to understand why you would need a second chance after racially harrasing another person. Want a second chance? Make a new character and be good.

Some of you are comparing this to a death sentance. That's not a good comparison since you're not really dying. We're just barring you from our service for breaking our ToS and making ignorant remarks. By allowing you to stay would mean we accept your excessively rude comments.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Last edited by Hessah; 04-23-2008 at 12:58 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:05 AM   #25
AngellicDiety
Marlone

AngellicDiety will become famous soon enoughAngellicDiety will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post

EDIT: and i agree with SKiNG here...
While what SKiNG says is very true, that doesn't stop the fact that outspark is also promoting disorderly behavior by explicitly barring any user-based actions and not properly handling the situation themselves.

So, yes, they got banned for racist remarks. That fact is indesputable. Whether or not its permanent or not, perhaps is a question that needs to be examined.

By allowing them back they believe they are tolerating racism.

By banning these select people and not the instigators, they are promoting the idea that disorderly conduct is allowed in any form or fashion. In essence they are saying that I can basically make another players experience a relatively unhappy one.

Perhaps, train them a few times, or when their grinding in a dungeon, player kill their cleric during a pull.

These sort of actions should be prohibited. By banning Falcomist and said individuals and not the instigators, outspark is promoting this sort of behavior.

There is an old saying: It takes two to fight.

Both are equally guilty if one does not walk away. Thus, the members of Mighty_Army that did instigate the event, should be banned as well. That is, if SKiNG truely believes in equality.

Last edited by AngellicDiety; 04-23-2008 at 01:11 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:12 AM   #26
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
This is why I tell people to WATCH WHAT THEY SAY. It doesn't matter who started it, and how much they said. The GMs will take action on what they see. They didn't see screenies on the other party, so they didn't get banned, they saw Falcos... so he got banned.

I'll also add, I have nothing against Falco, he was always nice to me, but yeah... the majority of us are 13 and older, an old enough age to have self control, and know what and what not to say. I'm upset that hes gone, but unfortunately from the minute he threw an insult, he had it coming.

Last edited by Yosei; 04-23-2008 at 01:18 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:13 AM   #27
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
While what SKiNG says is very true, that doesn't stop the fact that outspark is also promoting disorderly behavior by explicitly barring any user-based actions and not properly handling the situation themselves.

So, yes, they got banned for racist remarks. That fact is indesputable. Whether or not its permanent or not, perhaps is a question that needs to be examined.

By allowing them back they believe they are tolerating racism.

By banning these select people and not the instigators, they are promoting the idea that disorderly conduct is allowed in any form or fashion. In essence they are saying that I can basically make another players experience a relatively unhappy one.

Perhaps, train them a few times, or when their grinding in a dungeon, player kill their cleric during a pull.

These sort of actions should be prohibited. By banning Falcomist and said individuals and not the instigators, outspark is promoting this sort of behavior.

There is an old saying: It takes two to fight.

Both are equally guilty if one does not walk away. Thus, the members of Mighty_Army that did instigate the event, should be banned as well. That is, if SKiNG truely believes in equality.
^Agreed BUT...

GM's state repeatedly not to flame, harrass, or cause verbal abuse to other players. Take screenshots and report.

I wish that Falcomist wasn't banned, because he's put tons of effort into this game, but the fact still states that the best way to handle it is screenshots, and the report button.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 AM   #28
AngellicDiety
Marlone

Originally Posted by booyah8876 View Post
^Agreed BUT...

GM's state repeatedly not to flame, harrass, or cause verbal abuse to other players. Take screenshots and report.

I wish that Falcomist wasn't banned, because he's put tons of effort into this game, but the fact still states that the best way to handle it is screenshots, and the report button.
You live in a idealistic world.

But, repeated screenshots of guild war abuse by Piggie has yet to get her banned.

Despite the multiple pieces of evidence.

1) Guild war in the King Kong Phino King Quest to kill the only cleric.
2) Chain warring unto serenity.

Clearly, screenshots and or the report button do not work.

So why is it that in this case, the first time it actually works, was not the situation taken into account?
Old 04-23-2008, 01:22 AM   #29
booyah8876
.:~*♥*~:.

In-Game Name: booyah8877
Current Level: 88.65
booyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to beholdbooyah8876 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to booyah8876 Send a message via Yahoo to booyah8876 Send a message via Skype™ to booyah8876
Originally Posted by AngellicDiety View Post
You live in a idealistic world.

But, repeated screenshots of guild war abuse by Piggie has yet to get her banned.

Despite the multiple pieces of evidence.

1) Guild war in the King Kong Phino King Quest to kill the only cleric.
2) Chain warring unto serenity.

Clearly, screenshots and or the report button do not work.

So why is it that in this case, the first time it actually works, was not the situation taken into account?
It worked for me when I got scammed... and when the guy that scammed me... his friend helped him move some stuff... I got his friend (Tazer's brother) banned as well.

It works.

He also let me know that if I get harrassed by Tazer's guild, or any other guild for banning certain people, then he'll take care of them.

SnakeEyes hates abusers.

Originally Posted by el eye Zee
Lol. He said, "I'll punch you in the boob." and I was like, "I'll punch you in the bawlz and we both know that hurts more D<" and he was like, "I won't let you." and I was like, "d00d.. ur a tiny piece of sheet. u punch, i punch. mine will hurt more." and then he was like, "People are probably talking to me. g2g."
I pay to play the RL MMORPG, College. 4 years grinding in college gets you a piece of paper for the rest of your life and you can buy enough stuff to +9 your car//house.

liZ
Old 04-23-2008, 01:36 AM   #30
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
being trained and harrassed isnt an excuse to use racist comments...

i think they made it too obvious that they have crossed the line...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread