Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:54 AM   #1
CrimsonCh4os
Slime

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 85
Server: APOLINE
CrimsonCh4os is on a distinguished road
New & Old

Hello, fellow fiesta players. Some of you may know me, while most of you probably do not, Needless to say, I come from the beginning of the game, When everything seemed "Shiny, new, balanced, and golden"

Without a doubt, outspark has milked the corporate cow until it produces little more then little spurts of sad releases of recycled outfits and slightly-less-then-before-enhancements.

In a previous post while i was lurking, i noticed someone said that a large amount of the original playerbase diminished because outspark could not respect the players tastes, and instead, made the game tragically easy, but impossibly hard in the Pvp department (Unless you CS for enhancement weapons, that is)

My question to you is, if any of you had been playing this game 2 years ago, What are your impressions on their actions and form of advertisement now, Does it not bother you? Do you find it helpful? I really want some input here.
CrimsonCh4os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #2
Bleeding_x_Heart16
Slime

In-Game Name: WHOOP_WHOP - WHOOPS_MINION - MethAddictDuck
Current Level: 80 - 46 - 24
Server: Bijou
Bleeding_x_Heart16 is on a distinguished road
Well, nearing the 4 year anniversary of me joining outspark, i have to agree with you. Especially from my PoV, being an archer for a majority of the time, it is extremely difficult in PvP and has only gotten harder (especially against those who i like to refer to as Outspark's "slaves" aka loaded CS'ers)

and yes i think it has gotten significantly easier to level, and i mean that in the worst possible way. It took me FOREVER to get to 20 on my archer, where as on my trix and fighter i got to 20 both in a matter of a week (my fighter actually 3 days) and then they made an even easier task of making it from 20-60 with the implementing of Iyzel's Tower.

I mean we're talking 3 or 4 levels per run at the lower levels (and thats not even completing the tower most of the time) and the quests will take you right up to about 45 without effort. CC hasn't made a significant change of pace for 6x but its made 66-69 easier for sure. I know people capable of making it all the way up to 90 in about 3 weeks where as i still struggle to make it through my levels (once again due to lack of SC) So yeah, i agree 100% that outspark has pretty much dug their own grave in the eyes of "veterans"

WHOOP_WHOP Lv8x Archer (Procrastinating/Lvler's Block)

WHOOPS_MINION Lv4x Fighter (In Need of SC for his GGK)

MethAddictDuck Lv2x Trix (Sorta leveling?)
Bleeding_x_Heart16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Well. We can't completely place all blame on Outspark as they aren't the developers. But they are the players voice when it comes to communicating with the developers. When I was a CL, I would try my best to voice concerns of the players to the GMs and other Outspark staff hoping I could help push some of the bigger issues up front, but there was always an excuse, mostly from the developer company.

Fiesta could definitely use some improvements, but at this point, it's safe to say Fiesta is a beginner MMO and if its not meeting your standards, move on. It's definitely not a PvP game, but I wouldn't say its hard. It's just so simple with only 4 classes with the most basic of spells and there's little competition out of it. Nor does it have any kind of end-game, and it really isn't the best for questing and leveling. I remember in the 80s, each level had like 3 quests tops. I've played games where you can't even keep up with the quests. Everything in the game could be improved, but they aren't going to do it. I played Fiesta from the CB, and it really hasn't changed much other than a few bits of content that they announced was coming out soon 6 months to a year ahead. Higher levels, same crap.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #4
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Server: Teva
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
Originally Posted by CrimsonCh4os View Post
My question to you is, if any of you had been playing this game 2 years ago, What are your impressions on their actions and form of advertisement now, Does it not bother you? Do you find it helpful? I really want some input here.
I had been playing 4 years ago. Kept on playing for three years with lots of breaks. My impressions, not really liking it. Helpful? Well it sure helps them. I just love the game and everyone I've played with. If I knew that each and every one of them have quit (about 95% already have) and will NEVER go back, then I wouldn't even contemplate trying to play on OS again. Hooray for private servers?

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #5
CrimsonCh4os
Slime

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Server: APOLINE
CrimsonCh4os is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Serendira View Post
I had been playing 4 years ago. Kept on playing for three years with lots of breaks. My impressions, not really liking it. Helpful? Well it sure helps them. I just love the game and everyone I've played with. If I knew that each and every one of them have quit (about 95% already have) and will NEVER go back, then I wouldn't even contemplate trying to play on OS again. Hooray for private servers?
I played for 4 years as well, But we can both admit that hair coupons and costumes had hardly tainted what seemed like a flawless MMO at the time.
Seeing what happened next was also painful, with OS making gaps between players that had money (older, possibly rich or have jobs)
And younger (Parents not trusting online transactions with money/ no jobs)
That really set the tone for the game, Knowing when, unless you can chuck out $40 a week on extenders, etc. and becoming, what Bleeding X Heart referred to as "Slaves" seemed to be a sticking point for me, I had money, but the idea of spending copious amounts of money on a game that screams "FREE TO PLAY MMO" kind of puzzled me, Yet here it is.
CrimsonCh4os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
crystalblueheart
Vampire Bat

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: crystablueheart,_Nagisa_Furukawa,
Current Level: 83/48
Server: Bijou
crystalblueheart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CrimsonCh4os View Post
I played for 4 years as well, But we can both admit that hair coupons and costumes had hardly tainted what seemed like a flawless MMO at the time.
Seeing what happened next was also painful, with OS making gaps between players that had money (older, possibly rich or have jobs)
And younger (Parents not trusting online transactions with money/ no jobs)
That really set the tone for the game, Knowing when, unless you can chuck out $40 a week on extenders, etc. and becoming, what Bleeding X Heart referred to as "Slaves" seemed to be a sticking point for me, I had money, but the idea of spending copious amounts of money on a game that screams "FREE TO PLAY MMO" kind of puzzled me, Yet here it is.
Although I haven't been playing as long as those above, I can agree on your last point. Without a cash shop, the smarts of the players really show, but of course, there's always a catch. I don't use sparkcash and I'm fine, but there's always that one thing that you want but cant' get. My situaton is the "younger" side. It becomes a routine to some to keep spending money where it could go otherwise. Yes, maybe spend a couple of bucks once in a while to spruce up, but other than that, the heavily equipped SC slaves bug the hell outta me.

She talks A LOT for her age. It amazes me.
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
LMAO, first 15 seconds...

*picks up fork, eats with it*
*chews*
*throws fork*
Screw that!
pick up food with wand*
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Haha you quoted one of my typoes. I mean hand x.x been spending too much time on wow.
Originally Posted by Ericbraenda23 View Post
A a a axaxaxxxxxx dddaxasasasas
Originally Posted by crystalblueheart View Post
liohay8idnlfiohsd? I think I understand your language.
[CENTER]CENTER]
crystalblueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 AM   #7
NinjaBaker
Slime

NinjaBaker is on a distinguished road
I actually just signed on to Fiesta today after 3&1/2 years and you guys are right, its really different now. I remember when the cap was 59, it got so hard to level up about mid 40's, only way to do it was to start aoe'ing in Uruga xD. those were good times... now theres a quest for everything, its not the same
NinjaBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Server: Teva
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
^You won't see any of the people in your fl anywhere anymore lol

Originally Posted by NinjaBaker View Post
I remember when the cap was 59, it got so hard to level up about mid 40's, only way to do it was to start aoe'ing in Uruga xD
LOL! Not even just Uruga! With one of my old groups of friends, I've even reached FoS! xD (back when it was the highest map, and when the 30-levels-above-you rule didn't apply yet of course) man we loved grinding there, had lots of fun too and it was the place to be!

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Sero is offline   Reply With Quote