Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #1
sakone54
Slime

sakone54 is on a distinguished road
Good Build?

okay well i want to be the type of mage who tanks (with all +9 armor) but im really not shure wat build i should do because even tho i want to be able to live i want to do alot of damg with aoe atcks to >.<

would this be a good build?

+30 end
+25 spr
and the rest in int?

Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
a.L
A to the R to the K

a.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud ofa.L has much to be proud of
I'd go with 25 SPR, rest INT or full INT. END from freestats isn't as beneficial to mages as it is for fighters (assuming they use a shield) or clerics because they cannot block.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I think.. you should just go END + INT... if you really must use the END...

It's better to increase the dmg of your AOE via INT...

I only felt the benefit of SPR when I'm lvl 70 with a blue wand + full lic + crit costume.. otherwise the base crit % of a mage is so low that 25 SPR is not very beneficial...

Just my personal opinion...

BTW... I've got 2 +9s (top and boots) and looked for END gear.. I can "tank" several mobs.. not as much as a shield fighter but I'm not so squishy that I'll die straight away.. with some T3 scrolls... So you probably don't need the END in free stat to be able to tank... just get good gears with END...

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
DeathMagnetic
Hungry Wolf

Server: Teva
DeathMagnetic has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to DeathMagnetic
+25 spr rest int.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
I think.. you should just go END + INT... if you really must use the END...

It's better to increase the dmg of your AOE via INT...

I only felt the benefit of SPR when I'm lvl 70 with a blue wand + full lic + crit costume.. otherwise the base crit % of a mage is so low that 25 SPR is not very beneficial...

Just my personal opinion...
OMFG I'm so glad somebody finally said this. Get a suit (even a cheap one), some good in-game earrings, a wand/awesome staff (complete a license on it), some blues around 60-70 that have extra critical on them and I guarantee you'll get frequent criticals. Mage MDEF is high anyway, and it's also high on the gears (even the defaults). I did the math once on SPR, and you only getting like about 40-45 something points into your SPR (with +25 free stat points). There's 70 gears floating around with 32-34 SPR, and 80+ with even more, you just have to look or be ready to grind for them. Either dump those points into INT, but i wouldn't go END, because in the 7x-8x's damn near all the mage gears have crazy END on them. Max END on a mage doesn't do much, you'll only take like 1-2 (maybe 3 depending on your gears) extra hits before you die, which really depends on what your trying to fight, and you'll do way less damage. If you really wanna spend extra points on something other than INT, throw them into DEX. You'll thank me in PvP later.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 04-29-2009 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
^ I JUST WANT TO MAKE A NOTE ON DEX. I CURRENTLY HAVE 9 DEX ALTOGETHER FROM MY GEAR WITH 0 DEX IN MY STAT BUILD AND MY AIM IS 504. IT IS BAD WHEN I GRIND AND TERRIBLE WHEN I PVP. THANK GOD NOVA AND INFERNO DOESN'T MISS.

Yes. I had to type that out in caps. I knew that mages don't have great aim, but I didn't think it'll be almost just as bad as my cleric, which made me rage.

I'm not so sure about investing points into dex though. I thought you'll need quite a fair bit of DEX to make it.. useful? I think it's better to just find gears with DEX.

And from your post.. I'm guessing that I should stop going for END gears? 74 right now, haven't got any of my 7x gears yet because I'm not really sure if I should go END/DEX or INT/DEX. I have high END on my gears and I still die, but I dunno if I die even more with no END. I'm also not sure how no END would be like in PvP, and I don't want to invest in two sets of gears either.

And damn things are being overpriced. Sigh.
Old 05-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #7
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
That kinda depends on the build, INT/SPR can benefit from more INT on gears, free stat DEX is better than gear dex, unless the gear DEX is higher than 30, and you have more than one piece of junk in your inventory with DEX on it. Be aware that if you fight someone higher than you they tend to have more EVA as it is, and if you combine that with low AIM and everybody running around with wands (for more power and criticals), your ass is gonna miss, and a lot if it's a fighter/cleric with a shield (*Block Rate*). END is good but I don't make a point in looking for it too much or investing a lot of gold in it, so if you plan to mank or want to stay alive longer, save up for the +9 gears or make your own. Get cracking on those production skills and sell sell SELL!

Old 05-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #8
pigspark
Baby Werebear

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Ultimious, Soul_Aimer
Current Level: 51
Server: apoline
pigspark is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pigspark Send a message via Yahoo to pigspark
well u should post the one tht best suits u. if u like dex go with dex

Old 05-13-2009, 07:03 AM   #9
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

In that case Pig bro I would say full INT. You guaranteed good overall damage no matter what. INT/DEX is an advanced build, and INT/SPR is a protective build to me, more so against magic users, which dominate the field in the later levels.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
taran11
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: taran11,Taran12
Current Level: 90,60
taran11 is on a distinguished road
I got 30spr (accidenttly did 5 extra LOL) rest int and End/Int on gears 60 mage 911 def,and fck orcs in 60 abbis loool.
Closed Thread