Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 AM   #1
play4fun
Slime

play4fun is on a distinguished road
Fighter or Archer?

So I've narrowed my choices down to these 2 classes and I'm having trouble picking one >.< to help me decide could some please answer some questions for me?

1.) Which one is better off in the beggining and which is better in the long run? Stating the levels if you could would be great too, but it's ok if you dont.

2.) Which is better in the following scenarios? 1.) PvP (2.) Training (3.) Bossing

Ty in advanced for any helpful info.

P.S. If I pick a fighter I'd be a Damage Dealer build and if I pick an Archer I'm not sure. Reccomend one please?

Last edited by play4fun; 08-11-2010 at 03:33 AM..
play4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:10 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
1) Fighters are easier to start off with good dmg, defense, and HP. While Archers are late game classes with their AoE poison and such.

2) PvP: Axe fighters have great damage. PvE: Archers have upper hand with AoE kiting capabilities. Boss: Both are good. Archers, in my experience takes aggro due to their DoT skills but if you have a good tank and time your skills you'll be okay.

Of course, this is from an older player so things may have changed since I quit a year ago. :P IMO, if you are patient Archers are more fun being quite flexible in their roles with the right gears.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
louis12
Gang Imp

In-Game Name: louis12
Current Level: fighter 59
Server: bijou
louis12 is on a distinguished road
well i agree with loveless but i cant really answer your question because i like both archers and fightersi cant choose both of them are great
Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM   #4
XLaynceX
Mushroom

In-Game Name: Laynce
Current Level: 22
Server: Cyphion
XLaynceX is on a distinguished road
fighters are best if your a "lone wolf" because of high END but if your a party kinda person archers are sweet i really like the DPS skills of archers $$
XLaynceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #5
Emilise
Hero Slime

In-Game Name: Adelaidee
Current Level: 76
Server: Cypion
Emilise is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Emilise
Fighters are great for pretty much all three depending on your build. They can tank bosses, mob when grinding and are excellent pvpers. They're also incredibly helpful in the beginning because things go by quickly.

Archers, however, are amazing down the line. Kiting makes leveling not only fast but SO easy since you can kite things that are pretty out of your level in GIANT mobs.

I'm a fighter and god I wish I were an archer right now >< haha.
Emilise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #6
KratosRice
Speedy Slime

KratosRice is on a distinguished road
If you like pvp, go fighter, but'll need to pay for cash shop items to be a top pvp player.

If u like pvp but dont want to spend much money on cash shop items, both are okay, but without an hp/sp extender cash shop item, winning battles are very slim, and archers with lots of dex in their build can be annoying to land a hit on. Not many cash items are in the store that increases a players aim.

For pve, both classes are good for solo, but archers can kill more monsters at a time compared to a fighter, but a fighter can killer higher lvl monsters for earlier than an archer becuase of they have more defence than an arhcer.
KratosRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:53 AM   #7
ramenation
Slow Slime

In-Game Name: Tankasaurus
Current Level: 56
Server: Teva
ramenation is on a distinguished road
Fighters are probably better at PvP...as for grinding, archers can kite, so I would imagine they would be better (at a higher level, not in beginning). Fighters are probably better in the beginning as well, but not sure about in the long run. And..If you needed money, I think an archer would be better for that, as people will pay you to plvl them at higher levels. If youd be willing to.
ramenation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:52 AM   #8
aqhibahmed
Speedy Slime

aqhibahmed is on a distinguished road
Fighters
though archers kite fighters once they come under range fighters easily PWN THEM! and fighters in pvp rock
aqhibahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 AM   #9
Brossom
Speedy Slime

Brossom is on a distinguished road
Fighters are definitely easier in the beginning. Archers take kind of a long time to really hit their stride, since you don't get the good dot/aoe skills until later on. But after they get their kitable aoe, archers are great at solo grinding.

Fighters who can tank will do well with boss farming (either solo if they're really good tanks or duoing with a cleric) and will also be in demand for parties. So if you decide to make a DD fighter, it's a good idea to have the capability to tank as well. Keep a shield and 1-hand sword handy along with scrolls and potions. Squishy fighters aren't quite as welcome in parties who need a fighter to tank.
Brossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #10
SakuraSweetStar
King Crab

In-Game Name: Foxkeh
Server: Apoline
SakuraSweetStar is on a distinguished road
In my opinion I like archer; they're far ranged, PvP, No idea. >_O
Training, archers get beat up easily if you get attacked, but you
can kite and run for your life, and try to beat it up. Or a fighter,
like many before me, you take less damage, can tank, and nice Health. But, i'd suggest trying both classes, and seeing which you
may like better. They're both good in my opinion.
SakuraSweetStar is offline   Reply With Quote