Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:15 AM   #1
_ELMO_
Slime

_ELMO_ is on a distinguished road
another fighter build question

so im wanting a axe fighter for the damage, i already have a 1h sword/shield fighter for AoE and tanking, but i dont like the low damage, and rather have a axe.. now here are my questions

1: stats, should i put 25 into spr for the crits.. then go 2:1 ( str:end ) or go 2:1 str:end w/o putting 25 into spr, or just go 25 spr then all str?

2. because of the low defence and no block rate, would i even beable to tank or AoE at all?

3. if im only able to afford 1 stat gear, should it be end or the vita/def? or str for the dmg?

4. what skills should i put points into? i was planning on power hit ( dmg/sp ), but i dont know what else to put points into

thanks for everyone to helps

buying lvl 30 +9 fighter shield and 1h sword
Old 07-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
1. 25 SPR rest STR is a standard damage build. Not much of a point investing in END unless you've got a shield. It's best to have the most damage output, you sacrifice defense for great damage.

2. Yes, have a good Cleric around as well as scrolls and pots. You might not be able to tank as well as the next full END fighter but you'll have more HP/Def than a Mage/Archer who needs the most protection.

3. You should try to get your hands on END gear as well as +HP accessories.

4. Max out power and cooldown on Power Hit, SP too if you prefer but not necessary. Max damage, cooldown, and duration (SP optional) when you get Devastate. You may also want to max cooldown for Vitality but that's up to you. Then later at 60 you should max out damage on Precise Strike (make sure it's 2H skill!)
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #3
constantine
Slime

constantine is on a distinguished road
are you sure about cool down on devastate? ive never been AoE'ing.. so im not sure how long it takes to kill a group of enemies, but with a good group, how long does a group of monsters take to kill?
Old 07-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

Devastate is probably the most used skill. In fact I have it fully empowered.

It stuns AND damages a group of monsters and it's your first AoE. Usually with a good group (I mean like two or three Mages with Nova/Inferno) I'll use it twice max but those 12 seconds of stun saves your whole group from receiving damage. During KQs... the cooldown just isn't fast enough even with cooldown empowered when you've got like 20+ mobs coming at you.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Seriously. If I could, I'd empower Devastate with an even faster cooldown. If you have a group on you, by the time you get to killing the last few they're only a few wacks away from death. Of course, I generally solo, so to each his own.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:34 AM   #6
_ELMO_
Slime

ok.. so i think ima put 5 points into sp and dmg for power hit, dura, cooldown, and dmg for devastate, then 5 dmg on precise strike ( because i cant find any details on precise strike ima have to wait til lvl 60 to see the details on it )

also, im not sure which order i should empower the points on devastate, first ill pump dura, but ill only have 2 empowerments complete by the time i get it, so i dont know if the dmg, or cooldown on it is more important since ive never AoE'd.. so which do you think should come first?

also, i cant find much details on any other spells for a fighter after lvl 60, so i was wondering if any one can give me the details on the spells after precise strike that i should empower.. like if there is more AoE spells ( cant find details so im not sure ) and if i need to empower them or leave them be..

so far ima do..
power hit : 5 dmg -> 5 sp
devastate : 5 dura -> 5 dmg or cooldown -> 5 dmg or cooldown
precise strike : -> 5 dmg

but i dont know what i should empower after that due to lack of details on later spells

Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM   #7
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Personally, I wouldn't use the points on SP reduction. It does make you eat more SP pots/stones, which at first is a problem, but after a certain point you start getting tons of them. I have over 100 T3 SP pots just from drops, and I use them. But, to each his own.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:52 AM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

After 60 there's only Precise Strike and Whirlwind. And you only need to empower Precise Strike. Whirlwind is just... doesn't really need anything. So just save up points after that for skills that may come out later.

I'm not sure if you need 5 full points into Power Hit SP. So I think you should guage... might only need like 1-2 points into it. I guess the best empowerments are:

Power Hit: Damage, Cooldown (Optional), SP (Optional)
Mock: Cooldown
Devastate: Duration, Cooldown, Damage, SP (Optional)
Precise Strike: Damage
Vitality: Cooldown (Optional)

And yeah, as mentioned SP isn't really a big problem. You'll find more than enough SP pots lying around and the points are probably better used elsewhere.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:11 AM   #9
_ELMO_
Slime

ok, i think ive got it down to what ima do, ill prolly use sp on power hit at lower lvl, first ill check to see if the item shop still has the item to take empowerments off =p

thanks for the help =p

edit: is mock worth decreasing the cooldown?, and can any one post some details on precise strike? like the sp + sp reduction, cooldown + cooldown reduction, and if its AoE, cause earlier it wasnt fully defined if it was AoE, or just another atk at lvl 60

Last edited by _ELMO_; 07-29-2008 at 09:26 AM..
Old 07-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #10
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

Yeah, there are skill reset scolls at the CS shop.