Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #31
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hessah
What about those who can sense ghost/spirits...

Just because some of us can't see them, you can't just rule out and say they don't exist...
Sorry, this is slightly off topic...

I saw somewhere (Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... xD) about an idea/thought that the existence of something is limited to the acceptance/knowledge in the human mind. So like... back before North America wasn't discovered, it didn't exist because nobody knew about it. Another example would probably be Leprechaun and Easter Bunny and Santa... to kids that believe they are real, they are. To those that outgrow them, they aren't real anymore. Kind of like the tree that falls when nobody's around... /doesn't know how else to explain it.

I remember that there was a specific name for this kind of thought/theory/idea/etc. Does anyone here know? TT__TT

Originally Posted by Jikanu
as for emperical evidence, i have none but what i feel in my soul. And you'll call that into question and try to disprove what cant be disproved, and i'll try to prove what can only be felt. so there's no real point in debating.
Your feelings aren't enough.

If they were, then there wouldn't be any religious debates in the world. =_=

{ enraya ! }
Enraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM   #32
joshbl56
Mini Greenky

In-Game Name: Toasty_Cleric, Toasty_Fighter, Toasty_Mage, Toasty_Trickster, Toasty_Tanker
Current Level: 60, 32, 36, 20, 1
Server: Bijou
joshbl56 has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Jikanu;

as for emperical evidence, i have none but what i feel in my soul. And you'll call that into question and try to disprove what cant be disproved, and i'll try to prove what can only be felt. so there's no real point in debating.
You can't say that just because you have a feeling means your religion exist. Its not sufficient evidence and anyone can make it up. I think you need a little more physical evidence.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #33
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
@ Enen - Yeah! That's exactly what I was trying to say~ -feels so happy someone understands-

"an idea/thought that the existence of something is limited to the acceptance/knowledge in the human mind"

Nicely put!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 AM   #34
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Hessah View Post
@ Enen - Yeah! That's exactly what I was trying to say~ -feels so happy someone understands-

"an idea/thought that the existence of something is limited to the acceptance/knowledge in the human mind"

Nicely put!
Yeah! :D
/feels happy too. xD

But I wasn't necessarily agreeing with you... ^^;
/feels a bit bad.

Then again, I don't necessarily disagree with you either LOL. xDDD

{ enraya ! }
Enraya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 11:07 AM   #35
Patches
think before you type

In-Game Name: Patches
Current Level: 90 Warrior
Patches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to beholdPatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Enraya View Post
Sorry, this is slightly off topic...

Leprechaun and Easter Bunny and Santa... to kids that believe they are real, they are. To those that outgrow them, they aren't real anymore.
WHAT ARE YOU SAYING HERE!
Old 08-25-2009, 11:29 AM   #36
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
hi everyone ;D

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Sero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 PM   #37
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
You need a balance between emotion and logic, not one or the other. If you stictly follow either one alone, you'll either be a robot or an animal. You need a balance. Trust your feelings, but try to make sense of them, is what im saying.

and im not saying there are multiple truths. im saying that there are multiple PERSPECTIVES to different religions. Maybe they're all looking at the same thing at a different angle.

You shouldnt live your life by merely emotion or reason. you should have a good mix of both.
Emotion is not something that should be cast aside and ignored. But they should not be the things that lead your actions in life. They should not control your actions. That should be what your mind is for. Yes, emotions are important, but you must use logic and your mind to understand what to do with them, not let the emotions make you impulsive and non thinking.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
secbro20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM   #38
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Enraya View Post

Your feelings aren't enough.

If they were, then there wouldn't be any religious debates in the world. =_=
...that's kinda what i just said. im not wise enough in the subject, and have know proof. all i know is what i feel, and what i can make out of it. did you notice the last sentence of that? :/

and sec, i know they cant control all of your actions, but they CAN lead you to right and wrong. if you're doing something wrong, you'll get a sense of guilt, will you not?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #39
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jikanu View Post
if you're doing something wrong, you'll get a sense of guilt, will you not?
That depends on the society in which one was raised. One culture might see the existence of catamites as "wrong" while another doesn't have a problem with it. Also, see: slavery.

Do you think an Arab feels a sense of "wrong" as he gleefully stones someone to death?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 PM   #40
Jikanu
Lizardman

In-Game Name: Jikanu
Current Level: 46
Jikanu will become famous soon enoughJikanu will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg View Post
That depends on the society in which one was raised. One culture might see the existence of catamites as "wrong" while another doesn't have a problem with it. Also, see: slavery.

Do you think an Arab feels a sense of "wrong" as he gleefully stones someone to death?
I dont know. i'm not in their shoes, nor are you. Neither of us know who the actual executioners feel about it. For example, i believe there was one queen in Britain who forgave her executioner, making him feel sadness over what he had to do. Also, nice little bit of propaganda in there with the "Gleefully" part.