Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Mage=Meatshield... uh no

First off....

I.AM.NOT.A.MEATSHIELD!

Apparently lately the purpose of a mage has changed...

Its not how much damage they do.... its how many hits they can take. The other day, I was basically called a crappy mage because I don't have END gear and I don't +9 all my armor <.< I'm sorry, but peoples standards (especially my level group) are getting too damn high now-a-days. I really wish Outspark would get the tanks another mock, then there wouldn't be such an issue. I'm a mage... a damage dealer. I should be worrying about my classes specialty, damage. Not how much TR trumpies I can tank.

Seriously, if to be a good mage I have to have END gear and +9 it all, I have to be made of money... actual cash and in-game cash. And if thats good... then heck, I'm going to be a crappy mage. Thats just too high of standards. Messed up really.

Mages are damage dealers, not meat shields.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Ethelinde
Skeleton Archer

In-Game Name: ???
Current Level: 105
Server: A Server With Slimes In It
Ethelinde is on a distinguished road
Lol this applies to my mage as well. I have to tank instead of the fighters since a majority of them die too easily in aoe, but I will definitely run into problems when I outlevel my +9 armors. Mock cd really could use some tweaking.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 PM   #3
Yami
Lava Gargoyle

In-Game Name: Hija
Current Level: 85.99 Dx
Server: Teva
Yami will become famous soon enough
Both Mock cd and the ammount of aggro it takes could use some serious looking at.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #4
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I don't think it's really about the CD but to strengthen its effect. It's pretty obvious Mages' attacks are a LOT stronger than what Mock can pull off.

Just last night I met a 51 Mage who had def that was really close to what I had. He told me he can tank if I can't keep aggro... then why don't you just keep on duoing with your partner? I am a (almost) full END build with END gear and +8 shield. o__o C'mon now... it's becoming a tad bit ridiculous. All the Mages are looking for END gear... they wouldn't even buy high INT wand/staves now.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
I have started looking for high END equip. simply because I do pull agro so much and die so quickly. It is annoying. I know that it is not the fighter's fault, it is simply because my damage is pulling it off the fighters. So, I am trying to give me a chance to live if I take a few hits. But, I do not TRY to tank, it just happens.

I would be more than content to be able to hit the mobs without pulling agro. In order to get anywhere with Mages, it is almost a necessity to have BoT.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-28-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
If you dont have END Armor when you know your gonna be pulling some major agrro then you better get used to people saying that. All DD's at higher levels should have some kind of END based armor. Upgrading it is not hard. You can easily have an enhancer do it for you.

In our guild we have our own enhancer and we help each other look for good armor/weapons for each other.

If your having trouble finding some kind of armor just ask me and i can look around or keep an eye out for it. If you need an enhancer i can probably get you one.
---
One word Scrolls?

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards

Last edited by Zwivix; 04-28-2008 at 06:15 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I think more of the problem is, the perception of what a Mage is now supposed to be able to do.

Simply put, even if you deal monstrous amounts of damage, in the 7x bracket on Teva, if you don't get Hp extenders, +9 defensive END equips and are able to tank multiple mobs in TR, you're incomplete/crappy....
Old 04-28-2008, 06:25 PM   #8
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
You see, it should NEVER be a necessity to have a cash shop item to play normally. >_<

On top of that, those high END equipment is ridiculously priced because of high demand. The good thing is if I find it I'll be able to gain something from it... but... everyone is going to be the 'same'. Mages with full INT with END gear is the only ones running around. I mean having some sort of END armor may become a necessity but just because you don't have +9 END gear, doesn't mean you're useless. You're stil dealing the same amount of damage.

Perhaps this is just an excuse to put the blame on Mages when the tanker can't tank and keep aggro. D< Fighters need another level of Mock.

<-- is semi-bashing my own tank o__.

Last edited by Loveless; 04-28-2008 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #9
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
If you dont have END Armor when you know your gonna be pulling some major agrro then you better get used to people saying that. All DD's at higher levels should have some kind of END based armor. Upgrading it is not hard. You can easily have an enhancer do it for you.

In our guild we have our own enhancer and we help each other look for good armor/weapons for each other.

If your having trouble finding some kind of armor just ask me and i can look around or keep an eye out for it. If you need an enhancer i can probably get you one.
---
One word Scrolls?
But some people might not be able to afford paying an enhancer or buying the stuff from the CS. They also might not be able to afford buying the prices marked in-game for the high END armour. It shouldn't be that we need this or that we need that. I can play my fighter all day long and not require ANY CS items or even any enhanced armour. Why should I have to on my mage?

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Uhh then how the hell did you get to higher levels...if you cant afford stuff. You dont need CS items or to pay the CS you pay someone else...

is your fighter 7X...I dont think so. but when he is you'll also need to get upgraded armor and stuff.

The perception has changed, but thats the point. Perceptions change and if you wanna stay on top you change with it. If not you get left behind. Simple as that.

I dont complain about dying all the time when tanks cant keep the agrro even if their 5 levels higher than me...They dont complain that I cant tank a whole room.

I suggest get a different party. Look for someone that respects the way you play.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Closed Thread