Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:50 AM   #71
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

If you think about it, Mages are the class that benefit most from CS, even among other classes if they CS to the limit.

+9ing all their armor erases the problem of low defense and +9ing doubles their already high damage. The doubled M.damage can't be mitigated except through scrolls which may be purged/stolen, and all the enhancing in the world won't increase your M.def.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:09 AM   #72
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post
If you think about it, Mages are the class that benefit most from CS, even among other classes if they CS to the limit.

+9ing all their armor erases the problem of low defense and +9ing doubles their already high damage. The doubled M.damage can't be mitigated except through scrolls which may be purged/stolen, and all the enhancing in the world won't increase your M.def.
Yes, but you have to realize that mages don't have an strong auto-attack in between spells (Like Archers,Fighters, and Clerics), and the majority of our spells have casting times and cool down, except for Magic Missile and/or Fire Bolt, and that's if you leave them both at level one (with or without empowerment into cool down for each).

+9 Armor does negate low defense, but it's rare and expensive, in game and real life via Spark Cash transactions. MDEF is, on average, not much higher than the other classes (maybe somewhere in between 70-100 points), it depends more on if your build is Full INT or INT/SPR, and what kind of SPR bonuses are on the gears the opponent player has equipped. I know Clerics and Archers with SPR that matches and rivals my own, and it can be difficult battling against them, if I didn't +9 my weapons.

As far as SC, I normally don't use it unless it's for enhancing, or extenders for long party raids/grinds where I don't trust the clerics, hate losing EXP unexpectedly from low HP/Defense, a Guild War, or Soloing troublesome areas, like Trumpy Remains and Burning Rock. In PvP I try to fight fair, and kill people with skill, versus spending unnecessary real life spending.

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 04-04-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Old 04-04-2009, 02:44 AM   #73
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post
Yes, but you have to realize that mages don't have an strong auto-attack in between spells (Like Archers,Fighters, and Clerics), and the majority of our spells have casting times and cool down, except for Magic Missile and/or Fire Bolt, and that's if you leave them both at level one (with or without empowerment into cool down for each).

Magic Missile will more that suffice as a filler attack between stronger hitting skills.

+9 Armor does negate low defense, but it's rare and expensive, in game and real life via Spark Cash transactions. MDEF is, on average, not much higher than the other classes (maybe somewhere in between 70-100 points), it depends more on if your build is Full INT or INT/SPR, and what kind of SPR bonuses are on the gears the opponent player has equipped. I know Clerics and Archers with SPR that matches and rivals my own, and it can be difficult battling against them, if I didn't +9 my weapons.
Originally Posted by lvramire
Mages are the class that benefit most from CS, even among other classes if they CS to the limit.

With the caveat of if they CS a lot. All classes benefit from CS, (Clerics arguably the least) but my point is that Mages seem like they gain the most.

As far as SC, I normally don't use it unless it's for enhancing, or extenders for long party raids/grinds where I don't trust the clerics, hate losing EXP unexpectedly from low HP/Defense, a Guild War, or Soloing troublesome areas, like Trumpy Remains and Burning Rock. In PvP I try to fight fair, and kill people with skill, versus spending unnecessary real life spending.

With the caveat of if you CS a lot. Always assuming equal terms and CS-usage in PvP, out of combatants and classes, M.Def seems something you can't enhance against.
Old 04-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #74
Niku
Fire Mushroom

In-Game Name: Super_Niku|Kieru
Current Level: 72|55
Server: Epith
Niku is on a distinguished road
*too lazy to read past the first 3 pages*

What the thread starter is saying:

Mages should have more damage, decreased cooldown, ability to kite, more stones, so archers don't even need to exist, clerics and fighters don't need parties and mages can 1HKO Helga boss-o. I don't care about them, I never played the other classes but all I want is for mages to overpower everyone else. I know that mages are underpowered even though clerics are miserable everyday and archers are cast aside. Meh, don't know, don't care, but I WANT PLOX!! /exaggeration

Responsex0:

LOLWHUT AHAHAHAHAAAHAHA!!!

Go play a PC game instead of an MMORPG?

Oh and, waffles plox! \( ' - ' )/

Niku | Epith | Ancestral Ruins
Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 AM   #75
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
And of course, it's ignorant posts like the one above me that make me /facepalm. I asked for this thread to be closed because people were a bit less intellectual than I had previously assumed and I was getting tired of repeating and explaining myself. Why I have to do this is beyond me but such is life I suppose.

Instead, I got an infraction for a post that was posted almost exactly after a "warning" post. This seems like an abuse of power but within such a tightly knit community, you know it doesn't really matter what you say. Any who, can someone PLEASE close this thread already?
Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #76
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
A fair amount of decent discussions on the use of mage class has been constructed...

That is pricisely why the thread was left open. Just because you started the thread and it didn't go your way, doesn't mean others cannot discuss the topic further.

I'm sorry you find it "ignorant", it doesn't mean others cannot have a decent discussion though.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 04-09-2009, 05:52 AM   #77
Blaaaaaaaah
WONDERCLERIC

Tournaments Won: 15

In-Game Name: Bla~ahs
Current Level: 7x
Server: Teva
Blaaaaaaaah has disabled reputation
We usually close threads when requested, but we did not do it this time. Why? Because we don't want to close this thread after you get to make your last no-so-friendly post. We probably would have done it if you didn't make such a post when requesting for us to close it. It seems to us you were only trying to get a last word in (along with throwing some insults) so no one could defend themselves. Mind you, you weren't the only one who received warning (not infraction).

As you see, proper discussion did follow afterwards. I suggest you to watch your own posts and change your attitude if you wish to receive no more infractions. Same goes for anyone else in this thread who had borderline posts.

Also, please think twice about creating discussion threads. If you are not prepared for discussion of topic from different perspectives, please do not make a thread. We will only close threads for you so many times before we stop doing it.

I've decided to close this now since the discussion sort of slowed down by now and it's starting to not look pretty again. If anyone wants to continue a proper discussion, feel free to start a new thread.

-----------

Edit:

Second thoughts, if anyone wants to continue, do it here. Pretty much the same discussion~