Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 AM   #1
Symphoni
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Theia
Current Level: 4x
Server: Theia-World
Symphoni is on a distinguished road
Battle Cleric

Is there such a build?
if there is, which stats do i add?
Old 09-07-2007, 03:22 AM   #2
fullback
Papa Bear

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: fullback
Current Level: 6x
fullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to allfullback is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to fullback
Moved to cleric subforum.
Old 09-07-2007, 11:07 AM   #3
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

In-Game Name: Ramesiel
Current Level: 55
Server: Teva
tehfusion is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
Every cleric is a battle cleric. Your most important stat will be END so you can take hits. Secondary stats are either STR or SPR. STR if just want basic damage, SPR if you'd prefer to really on critical hits and have a bit more SP and MDEF. Common builds are:

-Pure END.
-3:1 or 2:1 END:STR.
-3:1 or 2:1 END:SPR.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Tequila used 2:1 END/STR in CB1-2, and he said it worked well for him. I would suggest checking his guide.

However, to those doubters who say STR is useless, consider the following:

When Ramesiel (above poster) were grinding together at around level 18-19, we used two different types of builds. He used a 1:1 END/SPR build, I used a 1:1 STR/END build.

I would kill faster than him simply because at the time, I had around 9-10 points in STR and did about 10 points more damage than he did. On the other hand, he would hit more criticals than I would due to his SPR.

It's all up to you, but I prefer consistency over sporadic luck shots.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #5
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Send a message via ICQ to tehfusion Send a message via AIM to tehfusion Send a message via MSN to tehfusion Send a message via Yahoo to tehfusion Send a message via Skype™ to tehfusion
Keep in mind that at lower levels, 'free stat' points play a much greater role. At higher levels, there is less of a difference. Of course you killed faster than me at level 19 - I didn't have enough SPR for a noticeable critical rate, and your STR was probably very close to the actual base damage of the weapon itself. At higher levels, the weapon would add a significantly greater value.

Edit: And mine was 3:1 END:SPR, so I had a lot less SPR than you had STR.

Last edited by tehfusion; 01-15-2009 at 12:42 AM..
Old 09-07-2007, 10:29 PM   #6
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Grind up more, and we shall see. If you want to test at level 35, we each will have 40 free points.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Tehfusion shall win you.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:10 AM   #8
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
Tehfusion shall win you.
We will see. But he suffers from a lag problem, so we might never get a chance.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
The Blue Viper
Honeying

The Blue Viper is on a distinguished road
I wonder, is it possible to still be a fully capable support cleric with battle stats (END and STR)?

I basically made my cleric as support because I prefer them that way, but seeing as Heal and buff timers aren't dependant on any of my stats it seems I could pretty much make a battle and do all the things I'm doing now.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #10
tehfusion
Mara Pirates

Originally Posted by The Blue Viper View Post
I wonder, is it possible to still be a fully capable support cleric with battle stats (END and STR)?

I basically made my cleric as support because I prefer them that way, but seeing as Heal and buff timers aren't dependant on any of my stats it seems I could pretty much make a battle and do all the things I'm doing now.
Of course. The only 'pure support' build would be pure SPR. And that's just for SP. Since you can easily just replenish SP with potions/stones, it's much better to go with a proper battle build.