Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 03-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Havoc
Hero Slime

Havoc is on a distinguished road
Greenest Newb

Ok, so I've been playing one single MMORPG since like 2004. And recently I just got fed up with the problems and thought to look around for something new.

I found a few since then that dont last more then a few days. I've yet to log into the game, but ive been reading up and looking at the forums and wiki. It's very appealing and I can't wait to get in game.

Now, the community in FF seems fun, what server do you guys recommend for a complete newb that has never logged on before??

And what class would be best to start off with? I was looking at the Archer class since it seems pretty straight forward stat wise. 25 spr rest Str. It's all strange to me since i came from a game that Dex=Atk and Str was atk for melee not range. Anyways, Im trying to get the hange of it.

Would that be a good class to start off with? In order to get more gears etc? Or is there a less gear oriented class that can go without having haxd gears to be strong for a while?

I think, that covers everything....Oh, the names Javi. And I hope this game is the one for me, I hate MMO hopping =/ I have no home!!
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:19 PM   #2
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
Pretty much all the classes have random chances of having their class-gear drop. Of all the classes, Clerics can probably get by with the least "hax'd" gear due to their main role being healers. You'll need to find a dedicated party though if you don't go offensive.

I'd suggest Fighters as a starting class. Survivability with some lethality while getting a feel for basic gameplay and aggro range.

Welcome here.
Ivramire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #3
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

welcome to FF =D
Old 03-24-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
Havoc
Hero Slime

Thanks for the welcomes. What's the most active server? If in case I wanted to go cleric I would have the highest chance for parties.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #5
D.A.R.E.boy

Tournaments Won: 35

teva or bijou
Old 03-24-2010, 03:48 PM   #6
Kaini
Gold Jewel Keeper

Kill The Pop ups Champion!Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Kaini - Nightshroud - Essai - Shandera
Current Level: 8x - 5x - 3x - 2x
Server: Epith (FTW!)
Kaini is on a distinguished road
Epith server is fun! (Oh who am I kidding, I just want to play wif u )

I would choose cleric, less complicated than being a fighter XD Archer is good too, they arent too terribly squishy like mages, and they have the highest starting attack.

Help raise my baby dragons! :3 Click it~
Kaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
Lirange
Bad Kid

rawr
Old 03-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #8
Havoc
Hero Slime

Heh, thanks Kaini. I just hate soloing. And how's the lvl grinding? Does it take a long time to be lvl 60+?

Rawr to you too Lirange.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #9
Kaini
Gold Jewel Keeper

Kill The Pop ups Champion!Tournaments Won: 8

In-Game Name: Kaini - Nightshroud - Essai - Shandera
Current Level: 8x - 5x - 3x - 2x
Server: Epith (FTW!)
Kaini is on a distinguished road
Well, it took me about half a year to get to 62 (considering the fact that I quit for a couple months XD)
And I wasn't very fast
And if you join Epith and join my guild, I will help you anytime you want ^^ That's what I do most of the time, help out my guildies ^^ My favorite pastime XD

I'm a silly cleric

Help raise my baby dragons! :3 Click it~
Kaini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #10
aramil001
Grave Wolf

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: aramil001, aramils_revenge, IDK_a_namE, Kagame
Current Level: 67 fighter, 44 Cleric, 20 Fighter, 14 Archer
Server: Teva, Cypon
aramil001 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to aramil001 Send a message via Skype™ to aramil001
why 'ello mate!!! welcome to FF!!! I would say that Fighter is the best starting class. As for levelng, OS (outspark) has made getting to level 40 insanely easy. But if you want to be a good fighter, DO NOT IZYEL!!! It is bad for your career as a fighter...