Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 11:27 AM   #1
Lirange
Bad Kid

New Health Care Plan

Now i know barely about it, only what i get from the tv outside when i'm on the comp. So obama wants to change our health care plan to make it like canada's in the next 2 weeks. And it will pay for all of our healthcare. Now does that include dentristy? So it will be great for people who can't afford health insurance, but it also has a downside. It will cost trillions of dollars, and you may have to wait months, even a year for a life saving surgery?

Can someone explain it better for me.
And what are your thoughts on it?
For me, i'm all for it, with what i heard, it sounds good for the low income people like my family and will help out a lot.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Well, the thing is...there isn't an actual bill yet. There's a draft by Senator Kennedy floating around called the "American Health Choices Act", but it's a really, really early draft. It's really hard to talk about the merits of a plan without knowing specifics.

Edit: Looks like I erred.
http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf

You might want to read it first. I'll be doing so in the next few days. Then we can talk about it, heh.

Edit again: Re-reading your first post, I know it won't be a thing like Canada's system. They took off the single-payer option out a long time ago, the bastards.

Last edited by Hraesvelg; 07-22-2009 at 11:37 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Lirange
Bad Kid

heh... thats a lot of pages
bills are that long G__G
and yea, i wan't to know more about is specially, i searched the web and it just gives a brief overview of what it is, doesn't answer my questions
Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
Hraesvelg
Blaaaaaah 2 u 2

In-Game Name: Hraesvelg
Current Level: 6X
Server: Teva
Hraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of lightHraesvelg is a glorious beacon of light
Once I'm finished with it, I can try to synthesize it for you. It really doesn't beat reading it for yourself, though. It really gives you a glimpse into how the government is put together. Kinda like sausage, though. Once you know, it's never the same again.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Lirange
Bad Kid

thats a way to put it o.o
and i'm not reading it not only for the fact that it's 500+ pages long, but also for the fact that i probably wont understand half the things their saying.
I hope your not reading it just for me, if you're reading it for yourself, then go ahead, and yea, i would like to know more about it after you've read it.