Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #21
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by A_Forever View Post
Is this a...necro? @_@
She added something useful to this thread, so no.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #22
Doylen
Imp

In-Game Name: Doylen
Current Level: 5x
Server: teva
Doylen is on a distinguished road
this part by Doylen

Kenton, a young man in Elderin for the first time was born in the Forest of Tides to a poor family of mushroom farmers. Orphaned as a child when mushroom fighters attacked the farm he was now an adventure. His parents had insisted that he go to school and he was away when the attack came. When he returned all was gone, the house destroyed. All he found was his father’s hammer which he carries to this day.

While adventuring in the Sea of Greed one morning he happened upon a ghost ship just washed ashore. None would go near it, fearing plague or worse aboard. An adventure with no money and no skills Kenton had nothing to lose and boarded the ship.
There he found a treasure chest filled with jewels.

Kenton had come to Elderin to sell his jewels but found all the merchant stores closed or deserted. With a treasure chest full of jewels but no money for a room and no money for food he thought to himself “If I had a store I would always be open!”

While wandering the back streets of Elderin looking for a nook or cranny where he could spend the night he saw a young woman, hardly more than a child really, burst from a house and fall down. She tried to stand and fell again. He crossed over the street to help her. As he helped her to her feet he could see that she was weak and her face was ashen. There was nothing Kenton could do but to carry her home.

Once at home Spirit was able to calm down and tell her story. On hearing it her mother, the Lady Loki, insisted that Kenton stay for dinner and the night. After dinner Spirit showed Kenton the jaded arrow she had found. This gave Kenton an idea. “I will help you” he said and went to sleep in the barn.

The following morning after a hearty and delicious breakfast prepared for him by Spirit who had risen early for that very reason, the likes of which Kenton had not seen for many years he was ready to go to town. For his kindness Spirit reached into her bag and gave to him the power of healing she had found. Once in town instead of selling his jewels as he had planned Kenton took them to Smith Karl and asked “can you forge these jewels into this hammer?” “Hmmm” was the reply, “why would you want to do that?” “I have my reasons, can you do it or not?’ said Kenton. “Well, maybe” Karl said. “But I might damage it, might even destroy it”. Kenton hesitated; this was his father’s hammer, the very hammer that had been used to build the mushroom farm. It was the only thing he had of his family. “Do it” he said…….

Last edited by Doylen; 07-22-2008 at 02:22 PM..
Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM   #23
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
This is nice but the bits and bits of the story are scattered throughout the thread. Would be great if they can be put together.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 07-22-2008, 06:31 PM   #24
Doylen
Imp

this part by doylen also:

Spirit was excited; her mother had just told her that both her father and her older brother were coming home. Her father, Sir Brom was an intelligent and educated man. While doing field research in the Forest of Slumber he had come across a Giant Elvin Tree that had been struck and split by lighting exposing the heart wood. He had collected the heart wood and had been at the university in Uruga doing post graduate work studying the unusual properties of the heart wood and trying to find a way in which they could be used. For several months he was there working the problem with little success and now he was coming home.

Her brother Marty, whom she loved dearly, was in the Army and coming home on leave. He had decided to make a career of it and was to attend the Officer Cadet School. He had 30 days leave before he had to report to OCS.

Her dad got home first. He knew of Spirits problems from the letters he and Loki had been exchanging. He wanted to see the things Spirit had found. When he saw the stick in the bag his eyes got large. “I know what to do with this!” he said. “I must return to the university right away!” “You just got here!” Loki cried. “I have missed you and Marty will be home soon. Don’t you want to see him?” “Of course I do, and I have missed you also. I will stay” said Sir Brom.

When Marty got home a few days later they discovered that he had been injured. Spirit had given her healing power to Kenton and could not help so she went to find him. Kenton, meanwhile, was still waiting for the safe (hopefully) return of his hammer. He had gotten a job in a merchant shop stocking shelves and cleaning up. He watched as the merchant would buy low and sell high and thought “this is not so bad, I could do that.”

Spirit found him and said “you must come and help my brother, he has been injured!” Kenton had not yet used his healing power and was unsure of himself but wanted to help Spirit so he came along.

Kenton went to Spirits home and met Marty. He could see that Marty’s injuries were bad but not life threatening. He asked Marty “how did this happen?” Marty told him “I got nailed by a Sand Mushroom in the Goblin Camp. I wish I had a shield to protect me.” Well, Kenton had a particular dislike for any kind of mushroom monster and told Marty how he had lost his family. Kenton brought out his healing power and tried it for the first time. He was surprised at how well it worked. Spirit was pleased and kissed Kenton on the cheek which caused him to blush red. She also drew from her bag the shield had found and gave it to her brother. “Use this next time dummy!” she said.

Spirit then took Kenton to meet her father. Sir Brom, having stayed in Elderin was busy in his workshop trying to compose the stick into the heartwood he had collected. Spirit came in and said “daddy, there is someone I would like you to meet.” “Meet someone!” he said, “no, no, I am much to busy to meet someone.” “Daddy” said Spirit, “ this is Kenton.” Sir Brom stood up, “Kenton! Oh, I want to thank you for helping my daughter!” Kenton was uncomfortable, having lost his own father when he was very young he did not know how to relate with Sir Brom. This was a highly educated man while Kenton had almost no education at all. Sir Brom, a true gentleman, sensed this and put Kenton at ease right away by telling jokes. He said “I’m not as smart as I look Kenton. Tell me, why does a smart person cross the road?” Kenton was perplexed and said “I have no answer Sir.” Sir Brom then said “to get to the other side, just like everyone else!” Everybody laughed and Kenton felt much better.

A few days later Kenton got word from Smith Karl that his hammer was ready. He went to the smith. Karl said “you must be one lucky boy or those jewels you gave me were blessed because it worked!” He then brought out the hammer. “It sure is shiny” Karl said, “would you like to sell it, I will give you a good price.” Kenton’s answer was terse, “no” he said.
A week passed, Kenton found that he actually enjoyed working at the merchant shop. Marty came into the store and to their mutual surprise they saw one another. It seems the Spirit’s birthday was coming up and Marty was looking for a nice present. He was planning a surprise party for her. He found nothing that he liked but he invited Kenton to come with him to the local tavern. Since his shift at work was just ending Kenton accepted the offer and they went to the tavern. There they drank grog and swapped stories of their adventures. Before long they were fast friends and Kenton showed Marty his shiny hammer. Marty, a professional soldier, knew the value of such things and asked “how did you do that?” Kenton told him about the jewels he had found and how the smith had forged them into the hammer. Marty wanted the same for his sword and offered to buy the remaining jewels. Kenton, also wanting to buy Spirit a birthday present sold some of his jewels to Marty. Marty also invited Kenton to Spirit’s surprise birthday party.

Marty took the jewels to the smith and by paying extra got the jewels forged into his sword while he waited. The smith, having some experience now was able to do the job quickly.

On the day of the party all of Spirit’s friends and family were waiting at home for her but she did not arrive home at the expected time….

The Lady Loki was worried, “it’s not like Spirit to be late” she said. Marty, always suspecting foul play, drew his shiny sword and said “we must do something!” Sir Brom saw the shiny sword and asked his son about it. Marty told him about Kenton’s jewels. Sir Brom turned to Kenton and asked “have you any more of those jewels Kenton?” “Yes Sir” Kenton replied. “May I have them?” asked Sir Brom. This was the last of Kenton’s treasure but without hesitation Kenton replied “of course Sir!” Sir Brom took the jewels to his workshop where he quickly attached them to the staff he had made from the Elven heartwood and stick. He returned with the staff and said “let’s go find her.”

Spirit was late. She knew all about the party her brother had arranged but planned to act surprised anyway so as not to disappoint him. The town had been quite of late so she decided to take a short cut home, passing near the mysterious house. As she came near the house she felt her heart turn cold and dropped her bag.

Sir Brom, Marty, and Kenton searched the town for Spirit. They could not find her. Kenton then remembered where he had first met Spirit. He led Sir Brom and Marty to the mysterious house. There they found her bag and tried to get into the house. They went around the house twice looking for a way in but the house had no doors and no windows. Frustrated, Kenton began bashing at the wall with his hammer. Marty joined in slashing with his sword but they were making little headway. Sir Brom, meanwhile, picked up Spirit’s bag and looked inside. There he found Spirit’s bow and jaded arrow. He also found the glasses and the two keys. He put on the glasses and could see a keyhole in the wall. He tried one of the keys but it did nothing so he tried the other. A doorway appeared and opened.

Marty rushed in first with Kenton right on his heels. The house appeared empty, there was nothing there. Sir Brom then entered still wearing the glasses. He could see the decaying bodies of many children, Then he saw Spirit, almost gone, He told Kenton were she was and Kenton began casting his healing power on her. It took several heals to revive her. As she got to her feet IchigoHollow appeared in the center of the room where all could see. He was very angry at Kenton for healing Spirit. Marty put on his magical shield and discovered that it not only protected him but also gave him extra strength and dexterity. Marty ran to attack IchigoHollow while Kenton continued to heal Spirit. Once Spirit was fully healed he too attacked IchigoHollow. IchigoHollow was so angry at Kenton that he ignored Marty’s attack and focused his rage on Kenton. Sir Brom ran to Spirit and gave her the bow and jaded arrow from her bag.

Kenton was being badly injured and had to use his healing power on himself to remain alive. This only made IchigoHollow more angry at him. Marty, an experienced and clever fighter continued his attack doing great damage while taking little. Spirit joined the attack and began shooting her jaded arrow at IchigoHollow.

Suddenly, more monsters began spawning in the room. They were some kind of new mushroom! IchigoHollow had been using the bodies of dead children to grow a mushroom army! While Kenton and Marty continued their attack on IchigoHollow Spirit turned her attack to the mushroom minions. Sir Brom also began attacking the minions. Being older than the others he knew he could not take much damage but with his powerful staff he could take out a minion with a single blow.

The battle went on for what seemed like hours. As IchigoHollow’s mushroom minions were destroyed more would appear. Kenton and Marty were holding their own against IchigoHollow and making progress. Spirit and Sir Brom helped by keeping IchigoHollow’s mushroom minions off Kenton and Marty. Some times a mushroom minion would reach Spirit or Sir Brom. When this happen to one of them the other would turn their attack to help. Kenton would break off his attack on IchigoHollow to heal them while Marty continued slashing.

Finally, it was over. The four of them had destroyed IchigoHollow and all his mushroom minions. Marty turned to Kenton and shook his hand. They were now brothers in battle and there is no closer kind. Sir Brom hugged them both. Spirit came to him with a full kiss on this mouth. This time Kenton did not blush, this was no child, this was a woman and he returned the kiss. Spirit then reached into her bag and gave Kenton the second key. It was the key to his heart and he knew that he once again had a family.

Last edited by Doylen; 07-23-2008 at 08:23 PM..
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #25
Doylen
Imp

Sorry about ending your story, you may have had an idea for another direction. As I read your writing I felt inspired and the writing came easy.

Doylen lev 47 cleric
Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 AM   #26
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
It's a good ending.

"Everything that has a beginning has an end" ^^

-------------------------------------------------
Closed Thread