Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Interesting..

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011..._place_1.shtml
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Guild Wars... probably the most likely here.
Blade and Soul... lol no.
The Old Republic... maybe, but there's been a trend of games going F2P lately and its becoming the overall norm and preference amongst gamers.
Tera... another possibility. I personally was interested, but there is little info on it still. Its interesting that its Korean but highly anticipated to the point it competes with GW2 and SWTOR. Korean MMOs tend to not make it big though...
Rift... only temporary. The game is a WoW clone stalking WoW and using Blizzards mistakes for overkill to win the players over. "You're making cross server playing a possibility at a cost? WELL WE'LL DO IT FOR FREE!" Once WoW has died down they'll be on their own and will likely fail fast. Also... the races are fucking ugly as hell.
ArcheAge... gimmick.
The Secret World... meh, its definitely different but it looks like its going to look like some first player zombie/horror game.... with an open community. It might have issues interface and controls wise as its split between 360 and PC.

The last two are just so generic they won't even have a chance. As for Titan. It is quite possible that Blizzard could make a comeback with that. But there is so little known about the game, only that they recently copyrighted the name and announced they are indeed working on something...

I personally miss WoW. I only quit because the people I played with were all quitting because of the 4.2 patch with the boss nerfs and because I really don't want to pay $13+ a month to play a game that is quickly being caught up to by free games. Other than that, WoW really isn't a bad game. It's just been so innovative and ahead of the game for so long that I think they're simply taking the path of previous MMOs (specifically Everquest).

I just hope everyone who has mainly played WoW throughout the years doesn't bitch that every MMO is just like WoW. Hate it when people do that lol, as if WoW was the first MMO with that specific genre.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #3
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
Kind of interested in TERA as well as Guild Wars. Never played a p2p game though.

I guess after awhile you just can't help but run into the same thing but a little different.
Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 PM   #4
Phantom Badger
FF's Official Weirdo

In-Game Name: [BlackDragonEX - Paladin]
Current Level: [BlackDragonEX - 73]
Phantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura aboutPhantom Badger has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Phantom Badger
Im looking forward to GW2, You only have to buy the game once in retail then play it free forever. Should be fun.
EDIT:
Holyshit my post count is 1337. Never posting again.
Phantom Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Guild Wars was good fun if you like pvp, and B2P is always alot nicer then p2p.

I gotta buy a new PC for it but I think if anythings going to do it, it's The Old Republic. EA's dumped over 100m into the game!! Better be good ... been waiting 3 years for it.

And since when was there Boss nerfs in 4.2? :\ I'm pretty just most of the classes just got big buffs. Even BH was the same after the firelands patch, if not harder with the addition of the 2nd boss.

Last edited by MikeyG; 09-24-2011 at 08:26 PM..
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:14 PM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
I think its kind of retarded that they aren't doing a beta for people who haven't reserved the game (talking about old republic). Why would I reserve a MMO that essentially didn't have a beta?? That could be a bad business move. I am less driven to buy it now since I can't sample the game.
Yosei is offline   Reply With Quote