Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 03:25 PM   #21
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of

Totally forgot the first part >__<

I thought it wasn't anything spoilerish though.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:56 PM   #22
Hazu
Blue Clover Trumpy

In-Game Name: Lets run away
Current Level: together
Server: from this place
Hazu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Hazu
Originally Posted by Loveless View Post
@Hazu: My brother reads Eragon series too and he said that the latest book was really good.

^^ YAY.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #23
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by lvramire View Post

-spoiler-absolutely perfect herself with perfect control and lolwtfpowerslol!along of course with her impossibly genius/perfect/AHMAAAAZZZIIINNGGGG!!!! vampire-baby, whos birth scene btw remains at the top of my most horrific scenes in fiction. -spoiler-
Agree about the birth scene.

Also, me no likey Eragon series.

Eragon is a little Gary Stu. Annoying as hell.

Also. I went to go see the movie.

TERRIBBBLLLLLLEEEE>.. omgar. Waste of 2 hours of my life. x.x
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #24
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
@lvra: I agree with you on Bella's character. I was hoping for a girl who was tough and was stand alone. Y'know, having to deal with vampires and all... but nope. I could be okay with the clumsiness but really her character was annoying. Makes you wanna go up to her and slap her to get a hold of herself and stop being emo.

I haven't gotten through to book 3 and 4... but I'll be sure to brace myself for the birth scene. The first book was great IMO. But she could've definitely done a lot more for Bella...
Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #25
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I found it funny that as -spoiler-soon as she got married, all the humans dissapeared. No more mentions of mom, dad, normal people, nothing. It's like they vanish off the face of the earth. The series honestly felt like a giant book on wish-fulfillment, a self-insertion even. It wouldn't be so bad if some people I know would stop lauding it as the 'best book ever.' I ask them what they liked about it, the story, writing, plot, characters, pacing, whatever. The girls only said they liked Edward Cullen =/ >__<-spoiler-

Now I just have to go see the movie. Have a compulsion to finish what I start.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #26
secbro20
Currently Gameless

secbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to beholdsecbro20 is a splendid one to behold
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I read it over the summer ( its about 1050 pages long) with font that is this small. Her ideas make so much sense to me. I read her other novel, The Fountainhead, first and it was very good, but no where near as good as Atlas Shrugged.
->Check my Progress<-

Once a G____G, always a G____G
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #27
lamchopz
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: yummy
Current Level: skewl
lamchopz has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by Ralath View Post
Agree about the birth scene.

Also, me no likey Eragon series.

Eragon is a little Gary Stu. Annoying as hell.

Also. I went to go see the movie.

TERRIBBBLLLLLLEEEE>.. omgar. Waste of 2 hours of my life. x.x
I thought the movie was ok. Waiting for the second one, actually.

-------------------------------------------------
Old 09-30-2008, 12:15 AM   #28
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
.____.||

I thought it was terrible.

Haha.

According to Wikipedia, it was the 10th worst reviewed movie of 2006 on Rotten Tomatoes. xD
Old 10-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Originally Posted by secbro18 View Post
Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I read it over the summer ( its about 1050 pages long) with font that is this small. Her ideas make so much sense to me. I read her other novel, The Fountainhead, first and it was very good, but no where near as good as Atlas Shrugged.
I totally agree with you. Objectivism FTW! But I finished it in 2 and a half days....

I also love the Wheel of Time series written by Robert Jordan. Its a nice universe he created. It's a series of 11 books (not counting prequels and other add-ons) each of about 500 pages. Now that took all summer lol. I recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Tolkien.

1. The Eye of The World
2. The Great Hunt
3. The Dragon Reborn
4. Shadow Rising
5. The Fires of Heaven
6. Lord of Chaos
7. A Crown of Swords
8. Path of Daggers
9. Winter's Heart
10. Crossroads of Twilight
11. Knife of Dreams

I must warn people who don't like descriptive books against this series though. Take Hessah for example. If she found HP boring then I'll tell her not to waste her money on this.

I'll give a brief summary: The world is a time of swords, bows, villages etc. Among humans, there are some who can "channel" i.e they can control the 5 elements : Fire, Earth, Water, Air and Spirit. Men and women touch different parts of this power. The source that men touch is called saidin and the source that women touch is called saidar. The evil dude, the Dark One is above all these powers. His powers are on a different plane. When he breaks free of his prison, a hundred men go and manage to seal him in it again, but only at the cost of saidin being tainted, so that anyone who touches saidin for a sufficiently long time goes insane and dies. Oh well, I'll leave the rest to you.

EDIT: By the way, the books I hate most are the HP series. I mean, they went on well enough till the 4th book. From there, you can see very clearly that the book was not progressing as she had originally intended. I mean it turns from a small comedy on what we know about "magic" into some crazy sort of legacy battle against evil. There are no set laws in her world, unlike some very good books I've read like Asimov's Foundation series and Tolkien's LOTR.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Last edited by Vasu; 10-01-2008 at 05:49 PM..
Closed Thread