Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 PM   #1
Wizardcool11
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: Yangwu_II; Yangwu_V
Current Level: 64; 26
Server: Bijou
Wizardcool11 is an unknown quantity at this point
KQ guide for all classes

hi, I'm relatively new at guides so if u see anything wrong, please just inform me... dun kill me with criticism...

ok, I am sick and tired of going through the waiting of 2 hours twice every day (I am limited to 2 hours a day) off the com and play just to get a fail, cuz some nooks just won't do their jobs and create something like a scrollless full int MANK! I have created this guide to help future players win KQs.

FIGHTERS
you guys are the class with the highest defense and hp. as such we have made it so u are the mob's punching bag... your job can be 1 of the following

1. the tank
the job natural to the fighter, you job is to move to the mobs, be the first to get their attention, move back and mock/kick/devastate them, and get them excited about eating u dead... just kidding about that last part u have to keep the monsters really angry with u and do what's called keeping aggro. this prevents them from going after the squishies (archers and mages). this is extremely important with boss monsters cuz the squishies will definitely deal more damage on u and the only thing keeping the monsters on u is mock and kicks. and don't die expecting a heal... sure KQs dun give that much money, but using hp stones and pots are crucial in preventing aggro from flying everywhere just cuz u died
Summary: mock, kick, attack, and just don't die.

2. the damage dealer
I am not a fan personally of this type. generally they put points meant for endurance into strength. they could tank, wouldn't need to kick as often, but will be a real stress on the clerics. (my main is a cleric so that's why I don't like em) generally, when fighting bosses, if I had any say, I would make them go on mob duty ( killing the mobs spawned by the boss)
3. spare tank
in kq's like robo, mini dragon or king kong phino (I'll explain later), a kq will probably fail because they can use fear (robo and mini dragon) or have bosses or mini bosses that deal magic damage, ghost slime), unless they have a secondary tank to wipe up the aggro if the tank falls.
4. the runner
the fighter that takes mobs deemed too big or strong for the party and are unnecessary... they are needed to deal with the truckload of monsters in robo by mocking them all and running around the room (t2 speed scroll recommended) or in mini dragon where the boss spawns like a handful of mini bosses aka werebear masters, the runner will mock them all and run with them. this type of fighter should be the last on a clerics priority list cuz if any mobs didn't get mocked, the heal will attract them

CLERICS
they are the only class that can heal and have the 2nd highest def and m.def their main and almost sole job is to keep everyone alive and buff people.
however, there may be instances where there are no fighters or they are too weak to tank, so the cleric with the highest defence must clank.
they have no aoes and very few damaging moves so they need to spam heal when fighting bosses to keep aggro.

ARCHERS
you are a squishy damage dealer, who specializes in DOTs, damage over time. archers have the second lowest def and m.def, but can still tank if it is really necessary. kiting is also a good method if you just have one target or a small mob to handle, just aoe poison, bleed and disease them and keep running, and replenish often to keep the aggro up. however, be reminded that being a DD is ur main priority

MAGES
technically, ur job is the simplest, *just nuke the mobs down. but if u see that a boss is after u, dun run, stay there, take the hit, anklet the tank kick it. otherwise u will waste time letting it chase u...
Wizardcool11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Krowley
Huge Phinofly

In-Game Name: Krowley
Current Level: 92
Krowley is on a distinguished road
A lot of very good basic points to KQ survival, but I just have a few points of criticism;

1) With the right specifications, any class could tank a KQ Boss.
2) Organization and Grammer could help make the guide more appealing.
3) Your large summary of a fighter's role kind of belittles the other class' roles.
Krowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:46 AM   #3
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
but if u see that a boss is after u, dun run, stay there, take the hit, anklet the tank kick it. otherwise u will waste time letting it chase u...
I'd suggest then run in small circle around the tank/cleric/everyone.. that'll allow you a few more seconds of alive time, and allow others to help take the mobs off you. But yes, NEVER run off to some where far far away so no one could help you.

And for clerics - only tank only if absolutely no one else could tank. Let the archer tank if the archer could tank, let the mage tank if the mage could tank (some people are rediculously buffed up for their class xD). Only tank as absolutely last resort.

And always heal before hit. Even if you're just trying to get aggro off a squishy.. heal first!!

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Hessah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:51 AM   #4
seven
Speedy Slime

seven is on a distinguished road
For clerics mainly, but other classes can do this too - If there are mobs on you while you are busy healing the tank you 1) go to the closest tank and stay there until they rip aggro of you, do not stop healing the tank - use stones and pots to keep yourself alive; 2) go to a DD if you know they can kill the mob before it kills them.

If you are a DD or subtank, whenever you see a cleric being attacked it is top priority to keep the cleric alive - stop attacking the boss and make sure the cleric is safe because then the whole party is safe.
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:40 PM   #5
WolfAngel9414
Speedy Slime

Current Level: 10x
Server: Teva
WolfAngel9414 is on a distinguished road
The only thing I disagree with is the hate for strength fighters.

All of my fighters have been str/dex, and they've all been able to tank KQs without driving my clerics insane. With scrolls and a buff it shouldn't be a problem.

Sure, there are stupid fighters who don't know how to use mock, but that goes for str and end ones.

A fighter wasn't meant to be end build.

Just saying.
WolfAngel9414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #6
Wizardcool11
Goblin Swordman

In-Game Name: Yangwu_II; Yangwu_V
Current Level: 64; 26
Wizardcool11 is an unknown quantity at this point
having a str build fighter means u value damage more... I recommend that u be a squishy class to satisfy ur desire for 1 hit kos... and fighters in my opinion were meant for end builds...
Wizardcool11 is offline   Reply With Quote