Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
Dewedi
Crab

Dewedi is on a distinguished road
Many problems T_T

1st. Mouse cursor disapperar=> Client crashes and whole computer because one file errored

2nd. Settings do not save and i have to move chat box all the time i restart client

cant remember more
Old 06-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
For the 1st problem, you have to be much more detailed than that to gain any help.

2nd, go to Options > Game Settings > Uncheck Reset Interface
Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 AM   #3
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Server: Teva
Spirit has disabled reputation
The first one sounds like a graphics or not enough memory in your computer. My laptop does the same thing. It is because Fiesta requires too many resources and my laptop cannot handle it.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 06-23-2008, 02:22 AM   #4
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
Increase your page file and set it to be used for the applications in the forground. That should give you the memory you need.

P.S. Use google to find out how =P

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 06-23-2008, 03:25 AM   #5
oOAnubisOo
Mara Pirate Sailor

In-Game Name: oOAnubisOo
Current Level: 60
Server: Apoline
oOAnubisOo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post
Increase your page file and set it to be used for the applications in the forground. That should give you the memory you need.
Oooh nice tip there. I'm gonna try that one

I forgot to reset my virtual memory when I reintalled! ty
Old 06-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #6
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
Originally Posted by ThievingSix View Post

P.S. Use google to find out how =P
Wait. What?

This sounds important.

My laptop in general crashes a lot.

What does this do?

Edit: How appropriate. My computer crashed (blue screen of death) right after I posted that.

Last edited by Ralath; 06-23-2008 at 04:01 AM..
Old 06-23-2008, 04:37 AM   #7
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Increasing the page file is like increasing your RAM (Random Access Memory or page file), but virtually. All computers use this to an extent. Sounds great in theory, but a problem with virtual RAM is that it isn't memory dedicated specifically to the processor. Whilst RAM can be used at any time by the processor, for the processor to use virtual page files (basically your hard drive), it must wait for the hard drive to write. Hard drives write and delete quite fast, but not as quickly as RAM. Increasing your virtual page file will virtually increase your RAM, but it won't do it effectively or efficiently. The best way to improve your RAM is to buy more of it physically. Software can only do so much for hardware.

Increasing the page file won't necessarily work, as his hard drive might not be catered for it. I'd say you're on the right track about inadequate memory ThievingSix, but I don't think increasing the page file will help the OP. Sounds like he's using a low end computer with a low end hard drive that won't write effectively fast enough to be used as RAM.

Part of me is suspecting that either your graphics memory or RAM is failing on you. Either way, it's a memory problem. The best solution is to go out there and upgrade your RAM to at least 512MB, and upgrade your graphics card to something with 256MB. This will most likely stop any files from the Fiesta client from further crashing.

If you are unable to upgrade your hardware, I only have one other long shot solution. Chances are it won't work, but I'll throw it out here anyway.

D3DX9_30.DLL error

Basically your "DirectX" could be corrupting your gaming performance on Fiesta. The solution? Update it to the latest version. I've provided you a link here, but be warned it is strictly for Windows XP and beyond. It will not work with any older versions of Windows.

---------------------------

If that doesn't work, come back posting the following:

Your computer's general specifications:

To get a low down on these you'll need to get into your system properties.

To access your system properties:
Option 1: Right click My Computer and select properties.
Option 2: Start > Control Panel > System. This is if you're using the classic control panel.

By default this will take you directly to the "General" properties of your system, located under the tab labelled "General." It encompasses information regarding your Operating System (OS), Processor information and the amount of RAM available to your system. Report all of these in your post.

Graphics information:

I will need your graphics card information too. If you don't have it handy, you'll need to access your device manager. The device manager is a handy tool distributed in Windows that allows an overview of your currently installed hardwares. It reports all appropriately plugged in devices' status' in real time. There are several ways to access your graphics information via the device manager from my personal knowledge.

Option 1: Go to your system properties using the steps previously mentioned before and click on the tab at the top labelled hardware. Click on the device manager. Find the hardware labelled "Display Adapters." Report what is there.

Option 2: Right click "My Computer" and click "Manage." Select Device Manager. Select "Display Adapters" and report what is there.

Option 3: Start > Run > Type "devmgmt.msc" without quotation marks. Click Display Adapters, report what is there.

Nature of your problem:

Next time you get the error code and its' descriptor, copy it down. Copy every exact detail, don't miss a number, don't miss a letter. This information is probably the most vital to solving your problem, as it describes your problem. It will allow us to eliminate false solutions and provide you with the best possible ones.

Whilst the error code is useful too, anything "unusual" you experience should also be described. This can range from a jumpy gaming experience, to the screen blacking out, or in your case, a missing cursor.

Last edited by Dynamics; 06-23-2008 at 04:42 AM..
Old 06-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
ThievingSix
Apeopex/Millenium

Tournaments Won: 4

In-Game Name: Thieving
Current Level: 51
Server: Epith
ThievingSix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ThievingSix Send a message via MSN to ThievingSix Send a message via Yahoo to ThievingSix
While going out and buying more RAM is the way to go I have found that increasing your page file can help to an extent.

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda
"Put off today what you can do tomorrow." - Anon
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Einstein
"Life is a long lesson in humility." - James M. Barrie

Epith
Thieving(Hawk Archer) - 51
ThievingSix(Wiz Mage) - 39
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #9
Dewedi
Crab

Dewedi is on a distinguished road
I get blue screen of death and it says something about Adresses and values messed o_O

E: By the way i lag only in elderine center where people keep merchants ... even my internet is 24 kb/s

I have finnish everest home edition but i try to give some info

I use Windows xp professional
Service pack 2 is repairing packet
DirectX is 9.0c

Intel Celeron D, 2933 MHz (22 x 133) <- something
512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)<- i think that is RAM
Screen driver: RADEON 9800 SERIES - Secondary (128 MB)
Another screen driver RADEON 9800 SERIES (128 MB)

3D thing ATI Radeon 9800 SE (R350)

Loveless your trick does not work for chat box o_O

Last edited by Dewedi; 06-23-2008 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: More info
Old 06-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #10
Dynamics
Karasian Solider

Tournaments Won: 5

In-Game Name: Dynamics
Current Level: OVER NINE THOUSANDDDDDDDDDDDDD!
Server: under your bed
Dynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to allDynamics is a name known to all
Are you using Norton Antivirus? I've known someone with similar symptoms, it was apparently due to one of their virus definitions from the "Symantec Corporate 10.x Antivirus update." Microsoft has a hotfix I'll post if you respond with a yes. Be warned though, this conflict was experienced with an entirely different game. That also brings me to the question: Do you experience this with any other games?

If not, there are three possibilities that come mind, the first is the easiest, just update your drivers for your graphics card. You have adequate amounts of memory to play Fiesta, 128MB. Poor drivers can lead to BSOD's however. Here are the latest drivers for your graphics card. I recommend installing the catalyst, though you can opt to the stand alone driver just fine. Query any installation problems if you have any.

From reading your post I notice you mention more lag with more people. Part of me is thinking you're running too many things on your computer simultaneously. If you could take a screenshot of your processes in the task manager (edit out things you're not comfortable sharing, I really only need a report on the page files.), I could personally recommend what I think you need and don't need. If you're not sure what I mean by a screen shot of your task manager:

I am suggesting this because perhaps you're pushing your RAM too far. You're running on 512 RAM, which from personal experience, isn't quite enough for a smooth Fiesta.

If both the above fail you and you experience BSOD's with other games, then I unfortunately think your RAM is incompatible with your motherboard, inadequate or faulty. If you know what kind of RAM your motherboard is most compatible with (although you've pointed out your RAM specifications, I'm unsure of it's compatibility with your motherboard), go ahead and buy a good 1 gig of it. If not, take your computer into the shop to get your RAM professionally looked at and replaced/upgraded.

I have to state that these are recommendations based on speculations I've made from your case. I really don't have much more to offer unless you can define your BSOD error, and whether or not you experience this with other games (that way I can localise it to Fiesta or generalise it to your computer more confidently).

I need you to tell me the "one file error" as well.

Last edited by Dynamics; 06-23-2008 at 12:03 PM..
Closed Thread