Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
I think I've found the meaning of life. Literally.

Yea, you heard me. I know this sounds crazy coming from a guy who is obsessed with Halo & Crysis (and mistakes notebooks for smoke bombs...)

Today I accidentally stumbled upon this Wiki article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure_center

and after I read the part about the rodents, it hit me....

The meaning of life is... Pleasure! No wait... Let me rephraze. I don't just mean sex, or drugs, etc. I mean anything that stimulates our nervous system to the point of EXTREME happiness, whether it's an adrenaline rush from skydiving or bungee jumping. I mean if you think about it, that's our main purpose: To experience as many EXTREME feelings as possible in our lifetime. I mean, that's why some people turn to drugs, or sex, or bungee jumping. I mean, if you had a choice between your current life, and the ability to be eternally happy, you would take that happiness? Some of you might say no, but I bet that once you have a taste of that happiness, you would jump in there really fast. I mean, look at those rats. As soon as they got the feeling of it, they did that to the point of death from dehydration and hunger. All they had to do was to press that pedal, and they got high like people on crack, except no matter how many times you do it, it never gets dull!

Think about it.... And maybe leave a comment or two.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
I pretty much have the same view as you.. (or the article? cant tell if u typed it or copied from somewhere)

I believe that life should be enjoyed with happiness.

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Old 02-12-2009, 04:53 AM   #3
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
I thought it was pretty much accepted that the purpose of life was to be as happy as you can be in the limited time you have.

You of course, have to balance this against everyone else's needs and happiness because you being happy could very well mean someone else in the world being sad.

There's also other meanings to life, such as the route of trying to make the world 'a better place,' reconciling yourself with eventual dissolution and the question of God, whether there's a greater purpose to it all etc.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:00 AM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
But that's the thing about it! Once you try it, all of that wouldn't matter, what only matters is the feeling itself. This can be worse than drugs... I can only imagine what would happen to humanity if... THAT happened.

Originally Posted by Medonovan
"In truth, we are all completely out of control."
Damn. I almost regret posting this...

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.

Last edited by Belaslav; 02-12-2009 at 05:02 AM..
Old 02-12-2009, 05:02 AM   #5
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
That would be the goal of life then, but maybe not the meaning of it.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
Yosei
Corgi Addict

In-Game Name: Cubyrop(WoW)
Current Level: 85
Server: Maelstrom
Yosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud ofYosei has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Yosei Send a message via Yahoo to Yosei
Yeah its more of a goal. Of course everyone wants to be happy, but its where you find it that counts IMO. Then selfishness comes into consideration. You can't just be happy.. you have to work for it, and also try to make sure others around you are happy as well.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
Pritcher
Senior Torturer

Pritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to beholdPritcher is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Pritcher Send a message via MSN to Pritcher Send a message via Yahoo to Pritcher
There is no meaning to life. Life is far too complex to be bound within a single universal "meaning".

As for the pursuit of pleasure being being one of the primary goals of one's life... hell I figured that out on my own as child when I first discovered that toys and playing made me happy. :P

-------
I'm taking an indefinite break from Fiesta.

Join the FiestaFan Folding@Home team! Details, questions and comments HERE
Old 02-12-2009, 07:04 AM   #8
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
My goal in life is to live it all trusting my mind, living by logic and not giving in to my instinct when there's a logical alternative. If that kills me, I'll have died happy.

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 02-12-2009, 10:39 AM   #9
Warning_Shot
Angry Wolf

In-Game Name: Warning_Shot / _Ike_
Current Level: 3x / 2x
Warning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura aboutWarning_Shot has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Warning_Shot
I realized this while laying on my mates trampoline. I mean, really. We work for money. We spend money on things that make our life more enjoyable. People even go to wars for religion, because they enjoy believing in something. It all comes down to pleasure.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
But Bela, what you've found is the purpose of life. Atleast the purpose that is obvious to us. We might be part of a bigger plan, that we will not know. To be honest, I never really understood what they mean when they ask the meaning of life. It ultimately means the goal of life right?

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Closed Thread