Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Shiirn
Boar

In-Game Name: Typewritten - Uber Fail Archer of Doom
Current Level: ∞
Server: Bijou
Shiirn is on a distinguished road
BR damage rage

Now, anyone that's been to BR knows that the mobs have obscenely high defense, but have rather pitiful (compared to their def) HP. I just decided to do a bit of experimenting....

With my +8 BK xbow, my damage is about 1.6k~1.8k. I deal maybe 150 damage on a normal attack to a Lava Gargoyle. After taking in my free stat STR into account (+80dmg), I deal about...70 damage. Every 1.4 seconds.

I tried using a +0 BK Bow because it had been 30+ levels since i had used a bow, and my damage was about 900~1.1k. As such, I dealt about 120 damage to a Lava Gargoyle. This meant that the bow itself was dealing about 40 damage to him.

...Don't get me wrong, I kind enjoy the fact that my 3 DoTs (72+74+70dmg = 126 dps) are actually doing decent damage, but....my complaint is this:

Why are my dots doing more damage then my normal attacks? I mean, go to AEW or FoS and dots are pitiful amounts of damage compared to regular attacks. My 126 dps, or during aoe 290 dmg per 3 seconds (72x3+74), are doing as much damage as a mage inferno of the same level (My friend, pure int, +9 bk, did about 300 damage to a Gargoyle.)

Okay, maybe I'm not going GRAAAAHHHHHHHH as much as merely -_-ing, but the point of the matter is this:

Burning Rock / Flaming Mine mobs have as much defense as 7x bosses.

The defense is increasing at an extreme exponential rate.

Thankfully, their HP is not; they about the normal HP to be expected if the mob curve continues.

...I'm just ranting. But I'd like to see Outspark and the Developers do something more then just copy+paste stats from Korea, especially when they're fiddling with our skills and damage anyway. We're doing LESS damage to mobs, instead of the normal increasing curve from levels 1 to 7x (FoS ends this in particular.)

Let's make a comparison: Lizard Knights and Lava Gargoyles. Lizards are level 77. At level 73 i dealt about 450 aoe dmg. Lava Gargoyles are level 89. At level 85, I'm dealing about 180 aoe dmg. Both times I left STR freestat in, but i had 12 more freestat STR at 85, so i did 14.4 more damage.

(I could go on into my pvp rants, but alas, class is almost over and I'm 99% sure i'll completely forget about all this by the time i get home ._o)

Remember kids:
tl;dr is for losers

Feel free to put in your $0.02.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 87 Archer == Typewritten
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Goal:Get 1 gem before cap raise.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
where's meh hat? hahaha

good observations Re... i'll go test a bit and report back.

and find someone to +9 that bow already!!!! it's been like that for weeks xD

(just don't ask me to do it)

Reporting Back:

okay lava gargoyles...

Originally Posted by Shiirn View Post
My 126 dps, or during aoe 290 dmg per 3 seconds (72x3+74), are doing as much damage as a mage inferno of the same level (My friend, pure int, +9 bk, did about 300 damage to a Gargoyle.)
I'm a Int/Spr build currently 79 points into INT, 25 into SPR, using +9 BK Staff, with 106 extra points of INT into gear/rings.

my Inferno aoe (non crit) only averages about 180 damage per hit. I'm doing this solo, no scrolls, charms, etc.

my strongest single target attack Fireball[5] fully empowered for damage, only hits for about 260.

if your friend is hitting into the 300s doing a weaker AOE skill, there's something fishy. i don't think 25 free stat points into INT would make THAT big of a difference, that's a 66% increase over my Inferno Damage.

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07

Last edited by FatalLace; 01-15-2009 at 10:38 PM..
Old 01-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #3
Shiirn
Boar

oic, maybe he was critting, I only saw him in passing by, and on single target.

Still, that's absurdly low damage for a mage.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Old 01-16-2009, 04:52 AM   #4
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
The only thing higher then their DEF is their EVA.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #5
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Well that explains a lot. Me and a friend of mine went to Burning Rock for the hell of it (level wise we shouldn't be there yet), and I was surprised how well he could hold his own in there as a 60 level fighter. As an Enchanter, I had a lot more trouble, as my attacks didn't connect much (even with a T3 AIM scroll and a +9 60-Level Staff). All I had as a backup lifesaver was the always hit Frost Nova, which would just pissed off the Ruby Guardians and Lava Gargoyles, and I'm not all that crazy about taking 700-1600 damage hits as a spell chucker with about 2000-3000 HP (depending on the buffs and what VIT scroll I got equipped).

Ironically,this my pal was still rocking his level 50 +9 Axe the whole time. He hasn't enhanced his 60 level weapons yet (T3 stones are expensive as hell), so we ran through there pretty easy, with a level 59 cleric of course for the really close counters. I agree that the DEF is low but it seems like the MDEF is really high. Should I fear for my safety as I surpass 60 for 70?

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Old 01-17-2009, 05:27 AM   #6
Shiirn
Boar

BR mobs can be summarized as this:

High eva, high defense, high magic defense, high damage, moderate to low hp.

The main problem with this is Axe fighters.

I just got word from a friend that he was hitting 300 normal attacks on Lava Gargoyles (BK +9 axe). This is insane -_-

Basically, fighters (again) have the advantage in soloing BR. Their axes have an overwhelmingly high amount of DMG.

If my 1.7k attack deals 40 damage (after taking away 80dmg from freestat), a fighter's +9 bk can hit up to 5k damage (normal attack with vit), which is about 3 times as much. Now, we all know defense lessens DMG at an exponential curve (That is, 100 def, 200 dmg deals 100 dmg, 300 dmg might deal 150 dmg [Basically it's not DMG-DEF=actualDMG]) So his normal attack deals 200 damage (Freestat removed) On top of that is their def and hp....the only downside is they need t4 aim (And maybe even only t3 due to BK superaim)

Lava gargoyles hit a solo-buffed type (~1600 defense) for about 300-400 damage. This isn't alot, but makes them unaoeable.

(I also took said friends into deep Flaming Mine (Lava Magmatons / Cursed Knight [Normal/Silver]) and got similar results. That is, my dots dealt more dmg then all of us.

Bijou
Lvl 89 Fighter == Arun
Lvl 75 Mage == Rewrite
Lvl 66 Paladin == Shiirn
Old 01-17-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
MikeyG
Touch all the butts

Tournaments Won: 10

In-Game Name: lnfamous
Current Level: 6x
Server: Teva
MikeyG has disabled reputation
Send a message via Skype™ to MikeyG
Originally Posted by EdwardWarlock View Post
Well that explains a lot. Me and a friend of mine went to Burning Rock for the hell of it (level wise we shouldn't be there yet), and I was surprised how well he could hold his own in there as a 60 level fighter. As an Enchanter, I had a lot more trouble, as my attacks didn't connect much (even with a T3 AIM scroll and a +9 60-Level Staff). All I had as a backup lifesaver was the always hit Frost Nova, which would just pissed off the Ruby Guardians and Lava Gargoyles, and I'm not all that crazy about taking 700-1600 damage hits as a spell chucker with about 2000-3000 HP (depending on the buffs and what VIT scroll I got equipped).

Ironically,this my pal was still rocking his level 50 +9 Axe the whole time. He hasn't enhanced his 60 level weapons yet (T3 stones are expensive as hell), so we ran through there pretty easy, with a level 59 cleric of course for the really close counters. I agree that the DEF is low but it seems like the MDEF is really high. Should I fear for my safety as I surpass 60 for 70?

Me n dareboy duoed in BR when it first came out at lvl 56 for me
and 59 for him. Both no +9s other then weps... me a mage and him a cleric.. only problem was aim,pop a t3 on though and your generally good.

and what thee heck t3 stones are cheap! T4 is expensive.
Old 01-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
EdwardWarlock
Zombie

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: Edward_Warlock
Current Level: Enchanted Warlock 8x, my other players are just production whores.
Server: Apoline
EdwardWarlock is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to EdwardWarlock
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
and what thee heck t3 stones are cheap! T4 is expensive.
Haha if you say so. I'm insanely cheap with my silver spending. I get enough T3/T4 drops is the Uruga Abyss FBZs anyway. It's a pain to buy them.

Originally Posted by Shiirn View Post
BR mobs can be summarized as this:

High eva, high defense, high magic defense, high damage, moderate to low hp.

The main problem with this is Axe fighters.

I just got word from a friend that he was hitting 300 normal attacks on Lava Gargoyles (BK +9 axe). This is insane -_-

Basically, fighters (again) have the advantage in soloing BR. Their axes have an overwhelmingly high amount of DMG.

If my 1.7k attack deals 40 damage (after taking away 80dmg from freestat), a fighter's +9 bk can hit up to 5k damage (normal attack with vit), which is about 3 times as much. Now, we all know defense lessens DMG at an exponential curve (That is, 100 def, 200 dmg deals 100 dmg, 300 dmg might deal 150 dmg [Basically it's not DMG-DEF=actualDMG]) So his normal attack deals 200 damage (Freestat removed) On top of that is their def and hp....the only downside is they need t4 aim (And maybe even only t3 due to BK superaim)

Lava gargoyles hit a solo-buffed type (~1600 defense) for about 300-400 damage. This isn't alot, but makes them unaoeable.

(I also took said friends into deep Flaming Mine (Lava Magmatons / Cursed Knight [Normal/Silver]) and got similar results. That is, my dots dealt more dmg then all of us.
Well that explains a lot. Maybe I should start working on my fighter now....

* I am only heard by those who will listen. *

Edward_Warlock on MySpace

Last edited by EdwardWarlock; 01-17-2009 at 09:23 PM..
Old 01-20-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
Senyx The Soulless one
Ice Vivi

In-Game Name: CrimsonChaos
Current Level: 67
Server: AP-PO-LEEN
Senyx The Soulless one is an unknown quantity at this point
It's true that Fighters have a bit of a Solo'ing advantage, But Mages were never good at solo'ing in the first place. I was solo'ing in BR at lvl 55, T3 scrolls are your friend! In any case, Maybe it's best to stay in Relic of Abyss or The Woods/Forest mobs. That's how i leveled quickly.

What's your MaxHP?
Old 01-21-2009, 05:40 AM   #10
Carmasa
Marlone Clan Soldier

Carmasa is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to Carmasa
Lava Gargoyles were the last monster I spent a long time at before I quit.
I killed enough to get the license. Lava Gagoyle. Sick. :3

Yes, they're annoying as heck. Get used to it, since the level expansion is coming.
Closed Thread