Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #11
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Zwivix View Post
Would fighter's stun and mages fear be considered curse? So would an increase in cure resistance would lower the chance of getting stunned or feared?
As far as I have noticed, yes, Stun and Fear are both curses. Whereas Fear has a 100% success rate as of now, be it a bug or not, Fighter stuns will register as a curse. Having Legendary/Heavenly Necklaces will cause a noticeable decrease in the number of times you get stunned, but it won't be a significant difference.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
Zwivix
AichtVeeGee4Life

Moebius Syndrome Champion!Tournaments Won: 7

In-Game Name: Zwivix|iThePirate|GardenWeasel
Current Level: 103.01| 67.10|50.24
Server: Teva
Zwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to beholdZwivix is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
As far as I have noticed, yes, Stun and Fear are both curses. Whereas Fear has a 100% success rate as of now, be it a bug or not, Fighter stuns will register as a curse. Having Legendary/Heavenly Necklaces will cause a noticeable decrease in the number of times you get stunned, but it won't be a significant difference.
Oh okay, I had hear this as a rumor and I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the confirmation.

● If I kill you, that means I'll be the one closest to you when you're on your deathbed●
● If anyone else kills you, I'll kill that person●

Disclaimer:150% guy I prefer the siggys with the hot babes for my own visual gratification!"

TEVA:
||Zwivix (Lv.103)[Ranger]||Holy_VanGuards||♥Nilathiel♥
||iThePirate(Lv.66)[Warrior]||VanGuards
||GardenWeasel(Lv.50)[WizMage]||VanGuards
Old 12-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #13
FatalLace
Kebing

In-Game Name: FatalLace/WinterLace/Faytal
Current Level: Enchanter [89] / Warrior [70] / Scout [80]
Server: Bijoffline
FatalLace is on a distinguished road
hmm if stun is a curse, couldn't it then be dispelled? don't think i've ever seen that happen... maybe i better actually upgrade dispel and try it.

don't think fear can be dispelled either... i dunno what these are anymore lol

FatalLace - 89 Enchanter
Faytal - 80 Scout
WinterLace - 70 Warrior
FatylLace - 60 Paladin

Calling Bijou "Home" since 11/07
Old 12-28-2008, 03:58 AM   #14
Triumph
Wiki Head Admin

Deal or No Deal Champion!Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: FFXIV
Current Level: 80
Server: Coeurl
Triumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud ofTriumph has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FatalLace View Post
hmm if stun is a curse, couldn't it then be dispelled? don't think i've ever seen that happen... maybe i better actually upgrade dispel and try it.

don't think fear can be dispelled either... i dunno what these are anymore lol
Logically yes. However, I don't think Archer poison/bleed skills are curable, unless that has changed since December 2007. Thus, I don't think player skills can be cured, but resistance may still apply.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:29 AM   #15
copycat_teefs
Imp

Current Level: 71
Server: Apoline
copycat_teefs is on a distinguished road
In Gold Hill KQ on my mage, I've found that when Marlone stuns the tank or whom ever it is he's hitting, my dispell worked. Either that or a really short stunner =/ Just found it a coincedence.

Also, something to add to the fear on the dragon topic, a Lv 70 mage in my guild cast fear, and it worked perhaps 30% of the time. That is with Lv 1 Fear, btw.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #16
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Server: Teva
Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
In PvP, clerics seem to be able to cure bleed and disease at 1 cure each and mages are able to dispel poison if they try a few times.

{ enraya ! }
Old 12-28-2008, 08:42 PM   #17
Hessah
Hardcore Procrastinator

Burger Time Champion! Cannon Ball Follies 2 Champion!
Tournaments Won: 51

In-Game Name: Hessah / Ble~ehs
Current Level: 91 / 85 / 79 / 65 / 28
Server: Teeeeeee-vah
Hessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond reputeHessah has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
Logically yes. However, I don't think Archer poison/bleed skills are curable, unless that has changed since December 2007. Thus, I don't think player skills can be cured, but resistance may still apply.
I have cured myself from archer's poison / illness in FBZ before... it can be done..

G____G

G____GTevaG____G
Heart___G_Hessah_G___Heart
79 - Paladin | 85 - Enchanter | 91 - Scoutxx
Ninja text! For those who's easily amused
I can show you the woooorld!
I don't want to see it!
okay...

Closed Thread