Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 02:56 AM   #11
Ninja_Medic
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Ninja_Medic & Tomoshibi
Current Level: 8x on both. :P
Server: Apoline FTW!
Ninja_Medic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Medic

I think they should just add a separate market place in each city instead of just one where everyone goes.

I mean, I love it when I see a blue mushroom because they have to be >50 to use them, and they normally have better items, but what about the little nooblets, if they see an item they really want that is say... 50s, then they will just be wasting their time to get it when someone of a higher level who gets 50s from selling all their drops buys it before the nooblets have the chance to even glance at it for a while!

I hope that makes sense...

Ninja_Medic- Level 8x Paladin
Old 05-08-2008, 03:27 AM   #12
O-mie
Lilian's Maid

Tournaments Won: 1

In-Game Name: Omies (5x Cleric) Fable (4x Archer)
Current Level: OVER 900000000
Server: Teva
O-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to beholdO-mie is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to O-mie Send a message via MSN to O-mie
At first I thought this was a good idea, but then I realized that there are places besides town where people "need" to vend.

For example, in a kq, you can't trade or whatever, so people set up shops to give others scrolls if they need them, or things like that.

There are other "little" reasons, like showing somebody stats on gear or whatever without opening a trade, but that's not very important, but I imagine the KQ one might be a little bit.

A good example of a market thingy, well..I thought holic had a pretty nice one.

Basically, you could only set up shop in towns, and in each town there was a little market npc guy who would warp you to a map where you could set up vending there as well, which opened up for a lot more choices and economy since there were warping npcs in each town, but the big thing wiht that was because the gamed used a lot of channels, so every shop from every channel was added.

But eh, I think the shrooms in town would even out if you guys just added in the higher level town >___> then people would migrate there, and it woudl become more even, etc.

"Stand up for what you believe is right, even if you're standing alone."

Omies [5x Cleric] Fable [4x Archer] Omie [1x Mage] Wigglytuff [2x Fighter]
Teva

Nakama //GrandPaprika // Symphony
O-mie's Art Gallery || Sketch-Blog

Old 05-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #13
Ralath
Bbang ggoo ddong ggoo

Tournaments Won: 36

Ralath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to beholdRalath is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Ralath
^I can't think of any situation where you would either 1) Not be able to show stats by trading/vending.

Yeah, if this is implemented, you wouldn't be able to vend to show stats in Roumen except in the marketplace but you would still be able to do it in KQs. The only shops that would be affected would be those directly open in the cities.

I definitely think all vendors should be restricted to just the Marketplace. The Marketplace in Roumen is NOT effective at the moment because it isn't restricted and everybody is outside the marketplace by the stairs because that is just a better location than inside.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #14
Ulrike
Senior Torturer

In-Game Name: Ulrike
Current Level: 6x
Server: Bijou
Ulrike will become famous soon enoughUlrike will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ulrike
on the one hand I favor having all shops in concentrated places, especially when I'm looking for weapon/armor sets. On the other hand I sometimes wish there were shops in KQ and grind spots.

:: reflection ::

set by loveless
Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #15
MaxOff
Zombie

MaxOff will become famous soon enoughMaxOff will become famous soon enough
ohh my god.
u are asking the right people.... not really

Let me intudruce to a an important value in 3d rendering: the Polygon Count. In short the Polygon Count is the amount of polygones that are used to render a scene.

And Gfx- cards have a value that tells u how many Polygons can be rendered in a second.

Not let us assume we can render 10.000.000 polys per second(thats about what is recommed for fiesta). So if we want 40fps we have 250.000polys for a scene.
So lets start with ~50.000polys for the bg, after we want a little bit detail! So we have about 50-70Shops and another 20players running around buying/selling. Because the houses have less detailed then a character, we give them 400polys and for the players 1000polys. Now there we have problem thats about ~40.000polys together, but only 20.000 polys left! Well the frame rate surely will drop.

Now the values are only based on imagination but the problem should be clear.

For record: i already have problems when i go the rou/eld/uru central squares, mainly because of texture&model loading though. But if the the density is even more increased it would lag even more, as it already does.

Not to mention that the old roumen shop system was kinda clear. If u wanted to sell your mats u went to the north entrance, if its elrunes u wanted u where going to the smith and scrolls where sold on the staircase.

Now u want to mix it all together: great i have to search longer and as a bonus its lagging even more then normal.

Last edited by MaxOff; 05-08-2008 at 10:31 AM..
Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #16
Enraya
WONDERARCHER

Enraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to beholdEnraya is a splendid one to behold
I personally think that the marketplace should bunch together all the shops in lower Roumen. I found it great that the storage keeper was moved there, to encourage more shop-browsing xD

But yeah, I kind of liked it when I could go to a specific section to find what I want. Need elrues/selling elrues? To the Smith! Weap licenses? To that guy with goatee or mustache or something!

{ enraya ! }
Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #17
Vasu
Malingerer

Tournaments Won: 3

In-Game Name: None
Current Level: None
Server: None
Vasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really niceVasu is just really nice
Yeah I liked it before the new Roumen too . And I think it's a goatee :P

Credits to Loveless for the great signature!
We rode on the winds of the rising storm
We ran to the sounds of thunder
We danced among the lightning bolts
And tore the world asunder

Old 05-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
Aerythia
Speedy Slime

In-Game Name: Aerythia
Current Level: 105
Aerythia is on a distinguished road
I don't think it would be a good idea to force every Vendor to Vend in Roumen Marketplace. Sure, as other people have said, make the Market Place the only place for Roumen Vendors to Vend, however to move those from Elderine and Uruga to Roumen too would be a catastrophe.

Aside from the already mentioned lag-issues, which I'm sure would mean some people could never go to Roumen, or shop, ever again, I think it would make shopping an irritating experience. You would have to check every shop to try and find items of your level, three times more shops to check... at level 79, I only shop in Uruga, since I know that in Roumen and Elderine I am unlikely to find level 78 pants. It may seem like laziness, but personally I don't want to have to spend all this extra time visiting "OMGZ Godly Greenz" Vendor for the 20th time only to find it has a level 20 sword with +3 Str. Thats not the sort of thing I have to deal with in Uruga, but should all vendors be forced to a common area, it will become frustratingly the norm. People might say "well don't go to people in Orange mushies", but many people vend in Uru using low levelled alts, therefore are in an Orange mushie! So in reality, you still have to check all shops.

Most other issues people have touched upon, such as these teleports providing easy access to Uruga for the lower levels.

However, should you restrict vending to only certain areas in the cities, then that would be a more preferable alternative than limiting it to only the Market Place in Roumen.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #19
Spirit
complete once again

Tournaments Won: 11

In-Game Name: Spirit_of_Water, Spirit_of_Earth, Spirit_of_Fire, Spirit_of_Wind, Spirit_of_Sky
Current Level: Level 101 Guardian, Level 70 Fighter, Level 90 Mage, Level 89 Archer, Level 72 Trickster
Spirit has disabled reputation
kk, here is my suggestion. Give each town its own marketplace. You can only set up shop there. That way if we want to go shopping we can, if we don't we stay away from the vendors.
As far as teleports, that is only gonna work if level limits are set for each town, otherwise it is going to cause more problems in the long run.
As far as setting up a shop just to show stats, you can trade them and show them the stats but never actually complete the trade.
The selling things in KQs was taken out because people were getting the key in Gold Hill and refusing to open the gate unless someone bought it. So, we had to give up some of the good to get rid of the bad.

One thing to remember is no matter what you do, you will never be able to make everyone happy. Someone will complain no matter what.

Spirit_of_Water- -Spirit_of_Earth- -Spirit_of_Fire- -Spirit_of_Wind- -Spirit_of_Sky
x101xxxxxxxxxxx70xxxxxxxxxx90xxxxxxxxxx89xxxxxxxxxxx72
Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM   #20
Ninja_Medic
Marlone Archer

In-Game Name: Ninja_Medic & Tomoshibi
Current Level: 8x on both. :P
Server: Apoline FTW!
Ninja_Medic is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Medic
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
kk, here is my suggestion. Give each town its own marketplace. You can only set up shop there. That way if we want to go shopping we can, if we don't we stay away from the vendors.
As far as teleports, that is only gonna work if level limits are set for each town, otherwise it is going to cause more problems in the long run.
As far as setting up a shop just to show stats, you can trade them and show them the stats but never actually complete the trade.
The selling things in KQs was taken out because people were getting the key in Gold Hill and refusing to open the gate unless someone bought it. So, we had to give up some of the good to get rid of the bad.

One thing to remember is no matter what you do, you will never be able to make everyone happy. Someone will complain no matter what.
I like this idea.

Here is an update of mine:

Going along with marketplaces in each city, they should have level restrictments to each city, say, to get into the one in Roumen, lvl 1-20or30, to get into Eld, lv 20or30- whatever, and the same for Urugua.

About the KQ's why not vote to see if they will make it to where you can trade, instead of vend in there.

That way, some things will be settled.

Tell me what you think ppl!

Ninja_Medic- Level 8x Paladin
Closed Thread