Remember, you MUST register to post on the Fiesta Fan forums. It's completely free to join. Just click HERE to become a member for free!

REGISTER NOW TO REMOVE ALL ADS ON THIS FORUM!

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

In-Game Name: Dyaevim
Current Level: 72
Server: Apoline
FabledWaltz is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to FabledWaltz
People still play Fiesta?

Honestly, I'm not sure why any of you would. Mind you, I'm not attempting to start some scuffle or whatever, I'm simply trying to figure out why anyone would still be playing this god awful game. Long before I decided to quit, the game had headed down the tubes and there was no sign of it coming back. That seems to be truer now than before as nothing seems to have improved, if not worsened.

So I ask you, what makes this game tolerable for you folk? It has nothing to offer and it's far below mediocre. I'm almost 100% the classes are still unbalanced or at the very least, mages are still the worst to be. And from what I can tell, Outspark still only cares about earning money. Perhaps someone can enlighten me?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Server: Teva
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
It's hard to let go of some of the things you're used to. For some, the fact that by playing this game for several years, so they know the how-tos, for others it may be their friends who also play it. Some just find it fun?

And I don't think that Outspark only cares about money.... Sure they're a lot more heavy on the cash shop than before (right after CB2), but I highly doubt that they are swimming in cash 'n hookers as we speak.

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

I started playing Fiesta when it first hit open beta. I loved the hell out of it and I was addicted for quite some time. Then, after a small break I come to find out that the game had gone to hell and that it would only continue to get worse from there on out. Outspark has only ever cared about money and their actions have proven it. They're not swimming in money because a lot of people realized how lame the game had become and how much Outspark had destroyed what we grew to love.

What it is now, is nothing what it once was. Fun, enjoyable and addicting. I quit and I am thankful for it but I just do not understand why you people won't let go. Let it die off and pray that a new company picks it up and does it the right way. In the early days, this game had so much more potential than about 90% of the other MMORPGs out there and I was excited to see its future. I have honestly made a lot of great friends here, dealt my own fair share of drama and had one hell of a blast.

Something I've yet to recreate on another game but as much as I loved Fiesta, it just isn't what it used to be (yes, I realize I'm repeating myself a lot). I've always wanted to come back but with the way things are now and continue to be, I can never see that happening.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 AM   #4
Belaslav
Yank me.

In-Game Name: -quit-
Current Level: -quit-
Belaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud ofBelaslav has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Belaslav
Who said we aren't letting go? A lot of people quit (including me and several GMs).

I have a question for you tho... Your last post before today was 6 months ago. You came back just to tell us to quit?

Free software for Virus, Malware, Adware and Spyware protection: Avast and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Those of you using Firefox I recommend NoScript and AdBlock Plus addons.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:09 AM   #5
FabledWaltz
Phinofly

I don't remember making this thread to tell others I quit. I simply made it to ask why people still played the game. Of course, the events following up to me asking are um... a bit lengthy and I just don't have the energy to really explain it all.

Clearly some people are incapable of letting go if the game is still some how running and people are still logging in to do whatever.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:49 AM   #6
Ivramire
Where shall we wander?

Ivramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud ofIvramire has much to be proud of
It's the way of things. MMORPG's are by nature disposable. You play one, get to the 'end' or however much you can stomach and then "quit", maybe keeping the account information so you can check-in a few months later.

Obviously, the majority of people playing now will not be the same players as in the beginning but people who started relatively recently. Those who've stuck around are obviously the exception. It's also equally obvious that these people derive some sort of satisfaction or utility from doing so, so I think it useless to ask why these people are still playing.

They might be getting even more characters to cap, trying to farm their way to the integer-limit, enjoy 'pwning n00bs' in the FBZ, whatever reason, it doesn't matter.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
Leesa
lk;sfdb

In-Game Name: Quit
Current Level: Quit
Server: Quit
Leesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the roughLeesa is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Leesa
I stopped playing cuz I got bored xD Haha pretty simple... Sometimes I still play for a while though.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:01 PM   #8
Lirange
Bad Kid

The majority of the active ff members have quit.
Old 10-04-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
Sero
Jizz King

In-Game Name: SerodinSliver | GoldenMirrodin | DarkMirrodin |
Current Level: 90 | 55 | 74
Sero has a spectacular aura aboutSero has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Sero Send a message via Yahoo to Sero
Originally Posted by FabledWaltz View Post
I just do not understand why you people won't let go. Let it die off and pray that a new company picks it up and does it the right way.
Originally Posted by Belaslav View Post
You came back just to tell us to quit?
Originally Posted by FabledWaltz View Post
I don't remember making this thread to tell others I quit.
eh.

Originally Posted by Ivramire View Post
It's the way of things. MMORPG's are by nature disposable. You play one, get to the 'end' or however much you can stomach and then "quit", maybe keeping the account information so you can check-in a few months later.

Obviously, the majority of people playing now will not be the same players as in the beginning but people who started relatively recently. Those who've stuck around are obviously the exception. It's also equally obvious that these people derive some sort of satisfaction or utility from doing so, so I think it useless to ask why these people are still playing.

They might be getting even more characters to cap, trying to farm their way to the integer-limit, enjoy 'pwning n00bs' in the FBZ, whatever reason, it doesn't matter.

I agree with the 'all OS cares about is money' part though, I mean yeah. Can't blame them for that since it's a free game and they need money as well, but everything's just too much now. For example, just recently, they've started SELLING DANCES. I mean, geez.

And like, you can't be the top/one of the top players without SC anymore. Trust me, I'd know. And by 'top', I don't mean it just level-wise.

I've tried quitting in the past a few times, and the most recent was the longest. But, I'm still in the game. Well, what else could I say xD

Oh and,
<----active FF member who plays. iRare. xD

take me above your light
carry me through the night
Originally Posted by vasu619 View Post
Ugh...Serodin is on a roll...

Note to self: Nevar EVAR get Serodin talking about umm, sticks with sacks.
Originally Posted by Vivi View Post
Another note for handling Sero: do not get him started about moms.
Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
I agree with Blaaaahs. Serodin cracks me up.

Oh and for the record, I am weird.
Originally Posted by hyperswoss View Post
Serodin is my hot, hot, sex~ ^.~
hold me secure in flight
sing me to sleep tonight
Old 10-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #10
Loveless
Super Moderator

In-Game Name: Espei
Loveless has disabled reputation
I loved the game when it first came out and then I got a taste of what the other versions were getting and the one Outspark manages just wasn't up there. Aside from the fact that OS' version is slightly behind (not by a lot anymore) it just lost its appeal altogether knowing that some skills will never be implemented.
Closed Thread